User Tag List

Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116
Results 1,726 to 1,738 of 1738

Thread: Champions League 2017/18

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CL is Real's again. They get all the luck and they save all their focus and energy for it.

They'll probably win it next year too and could do 5 in a row again. It's their era, sadly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    CL is Real's again. They get all the luck and they save all their focus and energy for it.

They'll probably win it next year too and could do 5 in a row again. It's their era, sadly.
    But there was talk here how zidane is average manager, luck merchant and how he is exposed, suddendly they beat strong psg and they will win CL again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be surprised if they win it. Liverpool, Spurs and City are all looking pretty strong. I fancy City over Real. Bayern could also beat them.

Real priotize the Cl and that's why they are so effective in it.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Real advance till Semi Finals and Barca is eliminated, they got 80% chance of winning it again.

If they advance in final too, 100% chance. They won't bottle it.
    Last edited by beck123; 18th February 2018 at 08:23 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    But there was talk here how zidane is average manager, luck merchant and how he is exposed, suddendly they beat strong psg and they will win CL again
    I don't think he's a great manager, but they do have a top team and the way they play suits knockout football and they go all out for the CL and as a group of players know how to win it, which is a big part. He is a very lucky manager, but a lucky manager is a good one because a lot of football is luck. Ronaldo is maybe the luckiest player of all time as well. With that combined you've always got a chance.

Lucho won the CL and the treble and he's a very average manager. How did he win the CL then? Because he had Messi at his best, Suarez, Neymar, Busquets, Iniesta etc. How did idiots like Domenech, Sabella and the Dutch guy get teams to the last few World Cup finals? It was the quality of the team. And they could have easily won those finals and been World Cup winning coaches.

A manager like Pochettino is better and Spurs destroyed them in the group but if they played in a final or semi final, all the Real players would show up and do the job. Spurs don't have that experience and know how.
    Last edited by Ritchie; 18th February 2018 at 09:12 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcilliant View Post
    I'll be surprised if they win it. Liverpool, Spurs and City are all looking pretty strong. I fancy City over Real. Bayern could also beat them.

Real priotize the Cl and that's why they are so effective in it.
    So should Barca, the CL is how clubs are judged now.

Nobody outside of Barcelona cares if Barca wins a Copa Del Ray unless it's part of a treble.

As long as Real are winning Champions Leagues regularly, it won't matter to people that Barca are winning more domestically.

If we had more in the tank we'd have beaten Atleti in 2014 and 2016 but CL wasn't prioritised enough. Last year we just weren't good enough.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beck123 View Post
    Oh oh, I remember few years ago all "experts'' jumping the bandwagon saying "Thiago Silva OMG, best defender in the world, he shits on Ramos/Pique".

In reality, Ramos and Pique are 100x times better than this guy.
    Silva was an idiot for choosing money over professional glory. Had he played for a serious team in a serious league maybe he would have indeed been the best defender in the world. Hell, the Thiago Silva from Milan was better than the one from PSG.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post

I hope this is a joke.

I think we should merge with PSG if we get knocked out. With their oil money and our tradition, youth system and prestige we would win at least 8 of the next 10 CLs.
    We wouldn't, you forget favorable draws and very favorable refereeing and in order to benefit from that and to be able to obtain CLs in a row we would also must sign Perez for the job.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmaster View Post
    Don't like VAR, I watched English FA cup when Liverpool was playing and it was complete nonsense, the game was stop after each disputable incident, players were standing and waiting while referee was talking to his headseat and then he goes to watch the video himself and even then it's hard to determine if the player dived or he fell down because he was pushed.
    Still better than the shit without VAR imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody outside of Barcelona cares if Barca wins a Copa Del Ray unless it's part of a treble.

As long as Real are winning Champions Leagues regularly, it won't matter to people that Barca are winning more domestically.

If we had more in the tank we'd have beaten Atleti in 2014 and 2016 but CL wasn't prioritised enough. Last year we just weren't good enough.
    I totally agree. The cl is the holy grail of club football. We've dominated in Spain for the last decade but underachieved in cl. Time to prioritize the Cl. There is a saying - if you chase two rabbits at once both get away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree but why should we care what people outside of Barca think? so many opposition fans are jealous with irational hatred for us, there will always be a way to downplay our achievements. Madrid drop out and win a CL, we win trebles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Silva was an idiot for choosing money over professional glory. Had he played for a serious team in a serious league maybe he would have indeed been the best defender in the world. Hell, the Thiago Silva from Milan was better than the one from PSG.
    Guy has a family to feed tbf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia
    Attention, entire world. Hear my proclamation. I am Lelouch vi Britannia, emperor of the Holy Britannian Empire and your only ruler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Bale
    The team that scores more goals will win el clasico.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xavi backs PSG to knock Real Madrid out of the Champions League

There you guys, now I am 100% sure Real is going through. LOL