Champions League 2017/18

vlad

CL is Real's again. They get all the luck and they save all their focus and energy for it.

They'll probably win it next year too and could do 5 in a row again. It's their era, sadly.

But there was talk here how zidane is average manager, luck merchant and how he is exposed, suddendly they beat strong psg and they will win CL again

Barcilliant

I'll be surprised if they win it. Liverpool, Spurs and City are all looking pretty strong. I fancy City over Real. Bayern could also beat them.

Real priotize the Cl and that's why they are so effective in it.

beck123

Banned
If Real advance till Semi Finals and Barca is eliminated, they got 80% chance of winning it again.

If they advance in final too, 100% chance. They won't bottle it.

Last edited:

Ritchie

But there was talk here how zidane is average manager, luck merchant and how he is exposed, suddendly they beat strong psg and they will win CL again

I don't think he's a great manager, but they do have a top team and the way they play suits knockout football and they go all out for the CL and as a group of players know how to win it, which is a big part. He is a very lucky manager, but a lucky manager is a good one because a lot of football is luck. Ronaldo is maybe the luckiest player of all time as well. With that combined you've always got a chance.

Lucho won the CL and the treble and he's a very average manager. How did he win the CL then? Because he had Messi at his best, Suarez, Neymar, Busquets, Iniesta etc. How did idiots like Domenech, Sabella and the Dutch guy get teams to the last few World Cup finals? It was the quality of the team. And they could have easily won those finals and been World Cup winning coaches.

A manager like Pochettino is better and Spurs destroyed them in the group but if they played in a final or semi final, all the Real players would show up and do the job. Spurs don't have that experience and know how.

Last edited:

Ritchie

I'll be surprised if they win it. Liverpool, Spurs and City are all looking pretty strong. I fancy City over Real. Bayern could also beat them.

Real priotize the Cl and that's why they are so effective in it.

So should Barca, the CL is how clubs are judged now.

Nobody outside of Barcelona cares if Barca wins a Copa Del Ray unless it's part of a treble.

As long as Real are winning Champions Leagues regularly, it won't matter to people that Barca are winning more domestically.

If we had more in the tank we'd have beaten Atleti in 2014 and 2016 but CL wasn't prioritised enough. Last year we just weren't good enough.

serghei

Oh oh, I remember few years ago all "experts'' jumping the bandwagon saying "Thiago Silva OMG, best defender in the world, he shits on Ramos/Pique".

In reality, Ramos and Pique are 100x times better than this guy.

Silva was an idiot for choosing money over professional glory. Had he played for a serious team in a serious league maybe he would have indeed been the best defender in the world. Hell, the Thiago Silva from Milan was better than the one from PSG.

FC B

:rofl1:

I hope this is a joke.

I think we should merge with PSG if we get knocked out. With their oil money and our tradition, youth system and prestige we would win at least 8 of the next 10 CLs.

We wouldn't, you forget favorable draws and very favorable refereeing and in order to benefit from that and to be able to obtain CLs in a row we would also must sign Perez for the job.

FC B

Don't like VAR, I watched English FA cup when Liverpool was playing and it was complete nonsense, the game was stop after each disputable incident, players were standing and waiting while referee was talking to his headseat and then he goes to watch the video himself and even then it's hard to determine if the player dived or he fell down because he was pushed.

Still better than the shit without VAR imo.

Barcilliant

Nobody outside of Barcelona cares if Barca wins a Copa Del Ray unless it's part of a treble.

As long as Real are winning Champions Leagues regularly, it won't matter to people that Barca are winning more domestically.

If we had more in the tank we'd have beaten Atleti in 2014 and 2016 but CL wasn't prioritised enough. Last year we just weren't good enough.

I totally agree. The cl is the holy grail of club football. We've dominated in Spain for the last decade but underachieved in cl. Time to prioritize the Cl. There is a saying - if you chase two rabbits at once both get away.

Givenchy

Agree but why should we care what people outside of Barca think? so many opposition fans are jealous with irational hatred for us, there will always be a way to downplay our achievements. Madrid drop out and win a CL, we win trebles

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Still better than the shit without VAR imo.

It may reduce controversial decisions yes, but it can also be very disruptive to the game. You have play stopped when free kicks are taken or when injuries occur and now you add VAR to it. Some decision can be taken fast, but others take time and imagine if the weather is cold and players are standing and waiting for ref to make a decision for couple of minutes, the risk of injuries might increase as well.

FC B

I agree VAR comes with its shortcomings but for me the benefits brought are far more important to the game overall and to the final result, especially in KO tournaments or big games.

Morten

Chelsea doing better than expected, but you have to score your chances against Barcelona, it will come back to haunt them, Barca will win this.

Home of Barca Fans