Champions League 2017/18

vlad

Messi's too good to be sold, let's be serious now, you don't get rid of the best player ever no matter how badly he under performs. He is the heart and soul of the team and ripping him out would result in years of rebuilding and failure. Players have come and gone in our golden age: Xavi, Busquets Iniesta, Villa, Pedro, Eto'o, Henry, Suarez, Neymar, Puyol, Pique, Alba, Abidal, Alves, Rakitic etc. Messi has been the constant and best player throughout.

Don't be ridiculous now, don't ask such idiotic questions.

You would go quite far with changes so i was just testing you:)

Sacking valverde if barca go out vs chelsea is pretty radical, chelsea is top team, with top manager, it can happen that they outplay barca and go through, but why should valverde get fired? Standing good in la liga, cdr final and all this without 2 major signings, with pretty much same squad from last season, without neymar + paulinho and semedo. What coach would you bring in? Since pep, valverde looks like quality coach who understands football little better then lucho or tata martino. Its just barca thing to not bring top coaches so every time you never know what you got, so next season with new coach all this from begining.

With who you would replace suarez? Griezmann is not in the same class when it comes to scoring

Last edited:

Barcilliant

To me losing in the round of 16 to an inferior Chelsea would be a huge blow. Hard questions would need to be asked. Minimum expectation for me would be semis but I think it's about time we win it again.

The last two cl campaigns have been poor especially when you consider real Madrid have won it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What a moron. The entire defense of PSG is made out of clowns. Marquinhos, the only non-clown there should have came to Barca a long time ago.

We got a better one in Umtiti.

Worked out pretty well not getting Marquinhos. In fact it worked out even better not getting the Higuain of CBs, Thiago Silva. People wank over his play due to him being so good in 9/10 games, but the game you really need him to stand up, he starts crying because he has to take a penalty. What a leader, what an example. Nervous wreck.

Most overrated CB of this generation.

Last edited:
We got a better one in Umtiti.

Worked out pretty well not getting Marquinhos. In fact it worked out even better not getting the Higuain of CBs, Thiago Silva. People wank over his play due to him being so good in 9/10 games, but the game you really need him to stand up, he starts crying because he has to take a penalty. What a leader, what an example. Nervous wreck.

Most overrated CB of this generation.

Think Marquinhos would have turned out better playing for us rather than playing against Ligue 1 farmers day in day out. Could be where Umtiti is right now. Should probably have bought him in 2013, but it doesn't matter now that we have Umtiti.

Last edited:

serghei

Think Marquinhos would have turned out better playing for us rather than playing against Ligue 1 farmers day in day out. Could be where Umtiti is right now. Should probably have bought him in 2013, but it doesn't matter now that we have Umtiti.

True. Marquinhos Umtiti would've been a very nice partnership.

beck123

Banned
Oh oh, I remember few years ago all "experts'' jumping the bandwagon saying "Thiago Silva OMG, best defender in the world, he shits on Ramos/Pique".

In reality, Ramos and Pique are 100x times better than this guy.

FinBarcelonafan

Oh oh, I remember few years ago all "experts'' jumping the bandwagon saying "Thiago Silva OMG, best defender in the world, he shits on Ramos/Pique".

True. His mental game is not even close to Pique/Ramos. Mentally weak.

jamrock

I've been saying thiago is lame since his Milan days when he was at the height of his perceived powers.

I said he always shits himself in the big games, it took the wc for the rest of the world to see it.

Morten

The tie still isnt over, PSG can be very strong at home, as they showed vs Barca last year.
We were kinda lucky to get a 2 goal lead going into the second leg, we didnt really have a great match, PSG are well capable of scoring a few at home.
Full focus is still required in the return leg.

Morten

Ramos isnt really a great defender though, but he makes up for it in other ways, i guess.

Morten

TBF He's absolutely world class when he is supposed to be world class. Red cards don't negate his influence on games overall.

Sure, but he is constantly living on the edge, you just never know when he does something crazy...or scores a game-winning header. Its a love and hate relationship. I always rated Pepe higher as a defender than Ramos, though Ramos made up for it with clutch headers and general leadership.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The tie still isnt over, PSG can be very strong at home, as they showed vs Barca last year.
We were kinda lucky to get a 2 goal lead going into the second leg, we didnt really have a great match, PSG are well capable of scoring a few at home.
Full focus is still required in the return leg.

QSG proved against you guys they can collapse to be the same small mentality team they were last year. The penalty and Ronaldo's 2nd goal to concede were just insanely amateurish just like 4 of the 6 we put past them were dumb goals they shouldn't have been conceding.

This RM team is the epitome of focus/performance in the CL. Even with their weaknesses this season I'd take this RM side over 16/17 Barca under Lucho 100%, so they are much more suited to punishing PSG's silly defensive breakdowns.

Going forward they have underwhelming ball movement and can't even dream of beating RM in the midfield battle. Half their gameplan is Neymar iso dribbling into stupid positions and not being very effective.

QSG will market the Remontada and Neymar hardcore in the media (they already have started to do this) and then shit the bed with something like a 1-1 draw in the second leg too. They had a lot of BS before the 1st leg with Emery giving a war speech and inciting the players to play hard and as focused as they could possibly be, hyping up their ability. In the end all they were able to produce was a lackluster performance getting beat down by a limping RM side. All talk, no results. QSG is not the side to stop this RM.

Ritchie

CL is Real's again. They get all the luck and they save all their focus and energy for it.

They'll probably win it next year too and could do 5 in a row again. It's their era, sadly.

Home of Barca Fans