Champions League 2017/18

Barcilliant

Not a even remotely a new fan, but if you think I'm a plastic and not a true Barca fan for my preference please go ahead.

I grew out of the whole irrationally hating Madrid phase a while back, I just see them as another club. Not too fond of them obviously, probably my least liked club, but I really don't have raging hatred for them or any club for that matter like I used to.

My support and passion for this club has remained unwavering through the years and I doubt that'll ever change.

I don't know why people insist on carrying out the stupid dick measuring contest of hating on Madrid to see who's the bigger fan. In most cases I'd rather have PSG go through than Madrid, but for some reason I want to see PSG ousted, probably not rational, but whatever.

I also find it funny that you people insist on calling me a plastic and fake fan when most of you haven't attended a fraction of the Barca matches I've been to, but keep throwing out the labels and slandering me.

I don't understand why people are so bothered about PSG vs Real Madrid. We should worry about BARCA. We have a tough draw.. PSG vs Madrid is going to be interesting. I expect a few goals but to me it's all about BARCA. If we lose I won't bother to follow the Cl. I'm a Barca fan first and football fan second.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't understand why people are so bothered about PSG vs Real Madrid. We should worry about BARCA. We have a tough draw.. PSG vs Madrid is going to be interesting. I expect a few goals but to me it's all about BARCA. If we lose I won't bother to follow the Cl. I'm a Barca fan first and football fan second.

Yup, if we keep winning, to hell with Real Madrid, PSG, Chelsea, Bayern.

Givenchy

Not sure why people are suprised some Barca fans would rather Madrid advance over PSG, especially with the shit that went down last summer, that doesn't make anyone a fake fan or plastic, what a ridiculous thing to say. for me its clear who I'd prefer as I cant stand Madrid and those ladyboys Ronaldo and Ramos but some of the arrogance these PSG fans spew does make me wonder.

its win/win for us anyway

Ronaldo exits early and he can kiss goodbye to anymore Ballon d'ors

or

Nassers project fails again but this time at an even earlier stage after spending all the money on Neyney and Mbappe leaving ligue 1 as a constellation

we should just be happy a HUGE team and threat will be leaving the CL early

gasgas

Not a even remotely a new fan, but if you think I'm a plastic and not a true Barca fan for my preference please go ahead.

I grew out of the whole irrationally hating Madrid phase a while back, I just see them as another club. Not too fond of them obviously, probably my least liked club, but I really don't have raging hatred for them or any club for that matter like I used to.

My support and passion for this club has remained unwavering through the years and I doubt that'll ever change.

I don't know why people insist on carrying out the stupid dick measuring contest of hating on Madrid to see who's the bigger fan. In most cases I'd rather have PSG go through than Madrid, but for some reason I want to see PSG ousted, probably not rational, but whatever.

I also find it funny that you people insist on calling me a plastic and fake fan when most of you haven't attended a fraction of the Barca matches I've been to, but keep throwing out the labels and slandering me.

Relax man. It's just a game

We are all people after all.
Neymar, Mbappe, Ramos, Casemiro, Iniesta, Catalinutz, Bojan, Jamdav, Ousmane, Messi, Cristiano

We all have our positives and shortcomings.
No need to harbor so much hate over a game

Relax man. It's just a game

We are all people after all.
Neymar, Mbappe, Ramos, Casemiro, Iniesta, Catalinutz, Bojan, Jamdav, Ousmane, Messi, Cristiano

We all have our positives and shortcomings.
No need to harbor so much hate over a game

Sure, of course it's just a game, but when people start questioning your fandom and start calling you a plastic for petty reasons it gets a bit annoying.

You're right though, there is really no need to have such hateful conversations over a sport.

Your everlasting faith in god has seemed to really put things into perspective for you.

Stoichkov1

I don't think there will be literally one fan from Catalonia who will root for Madrid. It's not about Ronaldo or Ramos or their unlikeable current players, it's about the fact that this rivalry has existed for centuries and that there is also a political meaning behind it. Real was Franco's team, they stole Di Stefano from us thanks to him and forced us to lose 11-1 with violence, while Barcelona always represented Catalonia and their people. Even today it's full of people who shout "independence" in the Camp Nou while the Santiago Bernabeu is filled with spanish flags.

Maybe if someone is from Barcelona he can give his opinion.

Last edited:

Messi

I don't understand how any "supporter" could root for a direct, historical rival who's trying for their third straight UCL over club they don't even compete against.

We play in europe so we do compete against PSG. I can't speak for Dembele or what kind of supporter he is but could
we just define a Barca supporter by the club he loves and not what he hates?

I don't think there will be literally one fan from Catalonia who will root for PSG. It's not about Ronaldo or Ramos or their unlikeable current players, it's about the fact that this rivalry has existed for centuries and that there is also a political meaning behind it. Real was Franco's team, they stole Di Stefano from us thanks to him and forced us to lose 11-1 with violence, while Barcelona always represented Catalonia and their people. Even today it's full of people who shout "independence" in the Camp Nou while the Santiago Bernabeu is filled with spanish flags.

For sure. For people living in Catalonia the rivalry has a much greater significance. Their hatred toward Madrid isn't based solely on football, but has so many other connotations that extend outside of it. I don't think anyone can really compare the magnitude of the rivalry of fans living in Spain to some foreigners mindlessly bashing "FUCK MADRID!" on to their keyboards. It's just not the same.

Last edited:

gasgas

Sure, of course it's just a game, but when people start questioning your fandom and start calling you a plastic for petty reasons it gets a bit annoying.

You're right though, there is really no need to have such hateful conversations over a sport.

Your everlasting faith in god has seemed to really put things into perspective for you.

No need to stoop a few levels to accomodate people who like to rile others with such comments.

henias

Not sure why people are suprised some Barca fans would rather Madrid advance over PSG, especially with the shit that went down last summer, that doesn't make anyone a fake fan or plastic, what a ridiculous thing to say. for me its clear who I'd prefer as I cant stand Madrid and those ladyboys Ronaldo and Ramos but some of the arrogance these PSG fans spew does make me wonder.

its win/win for us anyway

Ronaldo exits early and he can kiss goodbye to anymore Ballon d'ors

or

Nassers project fails again but this time at an even earlier stage after spending all the money on Neyney and Mbappe leaving ligue 1 as a constellation

we should just be happy a HUGE team and threat will be leaving the CL early

Exactly, both have its pros and cons and we are the only team who have dealed with Madrid much better in the past few years; except for the game where we lost Neymar and was replaced with Deulofeu. Plus Madrid is undergoing a lack of form right now, it will be the best time to exploit that. People are too obsessed with the rivals, for what? Madrid is our bitch and always have been, they struggle against us all the time. It's better to weigh our chances, than to face a newly renovated, fresh in form PSG, which could cause havoc for us, considering they are one of the paciest team in the UCL.

Messi

I don't think there will be literally one fan from Catalonia who will root for Madrid. It's not about Ronaldo or Ramos or their unlikeable current players, it's about the fact that this rivalry has existed for centuries and that there is also a political meaning behind it. Real was Franco's team, they stole Di Stefano from us thanks to him and forced us to lose 11-1 with violence, while Barcelona always represented Catalonia and their people. Even today it's full of people who shout "independence" in the Camp Nou while the Santiago Bernabeu is filled with spanish flags.

You have a point here, but this brings up a whole other discussion. Do you have to be politically involved in the region to be a true fan? What if you are against independence? Many people in Catalunia (many independent commentators estimate more than 50 percent) are. I think most people, who lived through the Franco times would carry that deep hatret for Madrid, but why can a supporter from other parts of the world not be a true fan? Should we all hate Wolfsburg the most because of Volkswagen's early ties to Hitler?

I understand the hatret for Real and I sure would love seeing them out of CL but there is no need to call people plastic fans

Neymessi

Real haven't done an ac milan or a liverpool. They just won 2 cls back to back and its not like they have sold half their team. Only james and morata and their starters are all still there. There is no guarantee that their current from is permanent so I don't get this argument that we have more chances of defeating them than PSG.

What even have PSG done yet? Defeated a flawed bayern, statpadded against ligue 1 sides and the group stages? (They haven't been that great in the league that one would have expected them to).

Even if we have more chances of defeating RM than PSG then the difference isn't massive enough to let our biggest rival who have been killing it in cl for the last 4 years to let them advance. For crying out loud they have won 3 out of the last 4 cls, I can never want them to advance and have another chance at cl again. How good was Real in 2016 anyway when they won the cl? Who is to say they won't win if they aren't that great? If RM gets eliminated I can sleep a sound sleep knowing that RM isn't winning any of the league or CL.

Chainsaw

Killahead

Yeah, but some Barca fans "respect" Real Madrid more than PSG. Whatever that means...

I have nothing against Neymar. I don't know why some are going too much about it to a point that they prefer Real Madrid to eliminate PSG!!! Neymar never looked like a Puyol/Xavi/Iniesta type to me, and PSG paid his release clause as well. He wasn't supposed to stay here forever. Why would I keep anything against him for leaving Barca? Is it his fault the board failed to strengthen the squad? Nope.

Besides, those who were keep whining about Neymar performances for Barca should actually cheer up now, since he doesn't bother them anymore. Why keep on bitching about him, I have no idea. Move the fuck on.

henias

It isnt about having who and who in your squad or whether u won back to back ucls. The key factor is Madrid's poor form this season, especially that of their front 3. It's the same thing with Barcelona after we won the treble, players out of form and the front 3 losing their effectiveness.

No team can keep winning UCLs, no matter how good u were in a particular season, you have to keep your momentum and tactics updated which is incredibly hard.

You cant write off PSG as well. They just recently suffered two losses but they still won the rest. It doesnt mean just bcos they lost 2 times, they are all of a sudden a small team. People say they faced a Bayern in "crisis", if people put it that way, we havent even faced a real attacking threat yet and the only good win was against a Juventus who's missing their players.

I get the hate for PSG but realistically u cant write off PSG's attack. Once they get the momentum back, that's when they look dangerous again.

Last edited:

1993Kaan1993

Last year BM was a lot worse, they played with 3 finished player in Ribery, Alonso and Lahm, then Real only managed to eliminate them with referee help though they played with 10 men.

Kurzawa is the only weakness PSG has. Best attacking trio+one of the best midfields PSG has. Something Barca doesn't have.

Barca with Valverde defends better yet not tested againist a top team. honestly, PSG is a lot stronger than Barca and Barca has zero chance vs PSG. On the other hand, Real is more balanced than Barca and has something extra, which is referee help.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans