Champions League 2017/18

Stoichkov1

Yes he did, he won CL with two teams which no managers has yet to do something more, Pep took a team that won treble and failed to win CL with them, has he failed with Bayern?
He won same number of CL as Pep and SAF, and won it with two teams that both were inferior in terms of quality than Manu or Barca.
Winning the first liga in 4 years for RM, and one of only two in past decade is achievement for Mourinho, they finally got back to CL SF after long time too.
And poor referee decisions happen to anyone, it happened to a season before and we don't complain.
And lastly, he is one of best managers in facing Pep.

Mourinho has a terrible record against Guardiola.

jamrock

Yes he did, he won CL with two teams which no managers has yet to do something more, Pep took a team that won treble and failed to win CL with them, has he failed with Bayern?
He won same number of CL as Pep and SAF, and won it with two teams that both were inferior in terms of quality than Manu or Barca.
Winning the first liga in 4 years for RM, and one of only two in past decade is achievement for Mourinho, they finally got back to CL SF after long time too.
And poor referee decisions happen to anyone, it happened to a season before and we don't complain.

Wait what? At the last part?

Jose's record against pep is horrible if memory serves me right

Neymessi

I was genuinely scared about the rise of the premier league for a while there. Turns out they're the same overrated pile of shit they always are. Yet they have the arrogance that their football is the best in the world

Its the same shit every year. Every year there is hype that this time EPL teams will strorm the CL but always fail year after year. I thought this year finally something could happen for a while but nah.

Epl team fans keep coming up with crap reasons how their league is better by saying the shitty epl teams are better than the shitty la liga teams and epl is more fast and physical and less boring which is all just a huge load of crap too.

jamrock

How many managers have great record against Pep? he was the first to stop him in CL (only one to beat him in Pep's first 3 titles) and first to get a league from him too and RM finally got a win against him.

Klopp

Too many caveats in there, record is straight up head to head.

Stoichkov1

How many managers have great record against Pep? he was the first to stop him in CL (only one to beat him in Pep's first 3 titles) and first to get a league from him too and RM finally got a win against him.

Klopp has won more times against Guardiola than Guardiola won against him

Mou-Pep rivalry is almost as one-sided as Wenger-Mou rivalry

El Gato

Villarato!
Never won anything major in Real Madrid, and only won once against Barcelona.

(...)

Never thought of him as a great coach with a ver limited skillset.
Quite weak in tactics aswell, Guardiola humiliating him over and over in Spain.

Wrong. And wrong.

As [MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION] said.

Manita is the only "humiliating" result he's had back then. Every other one was as close as you could get to that Barca who were beating everyone left and right by 3-4 goal margin. He was actually losing by 2 at most, which is respectable.

2010-2012 H2H
Liga: 1 win, 1 draw, 2 losses
Copa: 1 win, 2 draws, 1 loss
Supercopa: 1 draw, 1 loss
CL: 1 draw, 1 loss

Since 2013 is a different story. Still hardly humiliating.
Premiership: 1 win, 1 draw, 2 losses
League Cup: 1 win

Yes, he loses against Guardiola more than he wins, no doubt. But he doesn't get humiliated.

E: Shit, I included 2012-2013 by accident. Take away whatever he won in Tito season. Point still stands anyhow.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

I never get why clubs/fans are so reluctant to crucify Mourinho. If it was Moyes or Van Gaal they would be chased away by now yet united fans like madridista’s in the past keep defending this anti football clown. For what? Results he got a decade ago? His playstyle is cancer to football and obsolete by now. I dont get why a club like United humiliates themselves like that.

khaled_a_d

Klopp

Too many caveats in there, record is straight up head to head.

Klopp has won more times against Guardiola than Guardiola won against him

Mou-Pep rivalry is almost as one-sided as Wenger-Mou rivalry

This is what I said

I didn't say he has the best record nor did I said he beaten him more, but from many coaches who faced Pep Mourinho had been a worthy rival who started the way to neutralize Pep in CL with what he did with Inter.
That isn't taking anything from Pep, he is the one who set the bar high.
Wolfie explained it later too

I never get why clubs/fans are so reluctant to crucify Mourinho. If it was Moyes or Van Gaal they would be chased away by now yet united fans like madridista’s in the past keep defending this anti football clown. For what? Results he got a decade ago? His playstyle is cancer to football and obsolete by now. I dont get why a club like United humiliates themselves like that.

Many don't like him, but him not being Moyes of LVG gave him advantage tbf

Morten

This is Barcas year, when they can play so average yet crush Chelski and basically every side they met so far, there will be no stopping them this time.

Last edited:

Catta

Bayern is overrated, Barca would beat them easily. City is the only team where I would have doubts about advancing.

Home of Barca Fans