Champions League 2017/18

KingLeo10

with the way we dismantled madrid, a round of 16 exit at the CL would be the end of their season and a psychological end to their "golden era" of the last few years. here's hoping agent ney ney destroys them.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
I don't think we should ever judge the scum on their league form on how they'd do in the CL. They go into beast mode when people doubt them. They'll beat PSG but I hope not.

serghei

I don't think we should ever judge the scum on their league form on how they'd do in the CL. They go into beast mode when people doubt them. They'll beat PSG but I hope not.

PSG are very suspect mentally. They always seem to mess up somehow. I remember them outplaying Madrid on Bernabeu a few seasons ago, and still found a way to lose 0-1. Their keeper gifted a goal to... Nancho I think. One of those teams you wouldn't trust to get a serious job done.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Ck is a lot tougher this year. The English teams gave all stepped their game up and are capable of eliminating anyone.
Psg is much stronger as well. Only Juve looks weaker and Atletico is out.
Im rooting for psg to eliminate Real of course. Those fluke cl wins need to come to an end. And its nice knowing in february that their season is completely over.
I dont want q$g to win the cl though. But we will deal with that when we come to it.

TrueCule

From what I've seen this season there are 3 favorites to win the CL: PSG, City and Barcelona. PSG: Real is going to be a final before a final and I expect PSG to finally show the whole world what they are capable of. This season Real showed weakness in defending the counter attacks. PSG can really hurt Real on the counter attack because they have Cavani, Mbappe and Neymar, a trio that excell in that aspect of the game. My money is on PSG in this matchup this season.

We should advance past Chelsea without further ado. Chelsea are playing quite poorly this year and Conte is not that successful in the CL. Our form has been excellent so far and we will build on that great momentum we have currently.
City also shouldn't have any problem dealing with Basel.

I think that only City is on our level this season. We both have the domestic league title in our pocket. Therefore a dream CL final for me would be Barcelona:City. It would have been a glorious final, both team playing attacking football with world class players on both side of the pitch. If the draw is favorable, this scenario possible. Let's hope that our paths won't cross till the final.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Bayern are surely up there. Only 1 loss since Heynckes took over and recording resounding wins vs the likes of PSG, Dortmund, and Leipzig along the way.

JamDav1982

Chelsea second place now. Not that poor.. It's going to be big fight with Chelsea.

Chelsea look the most complete team after City.

They are able to rest players and still get it done.

Watched their game today and Danny Drinkwater came in and was fucking class. He was passing it like a prime Scholes. Never seen him like that and he isnt every week but they have a lot of depth.

Neymessi

Going to be the best CL in ages this one.

Can't care too much about the leagues right now with almost every league having its winner decided by now. The winning teams of all leagues are going to focus on CL and the trailing teams will all focus on CL too coz the league difference is too high to catch up.

stb_1

It's a great CL this year. I hope there's no major injuries during big clashes.

I have it as

1. Barca
2. City
3. PSG
4. Bayern
5. Real Madrid in terms of chances to win.

FinBarcelonafan

Why is Barca first? I would gladly give the pressure to Peps squad. City.

I think City and PSG has been the most impressive in CL.

Centauri B

Going to be the best CL in ages this one.

Can't care too much about the leagues right now with almost every league having its winner decided by now. The winning teams of all leagues are going to focus on CL and the trailing teams will all focus on CL too coz the league difference is too high to catch up.

100% true.

What really unnerves me, is how we have been consistently underwhelming in CL QFs for 3 out of the 4 last seasons. Getting eliminated by Atletico twice and Juventus was a catastrophic failure on our part. That should have been 3 qualifications out of 3. No excuses about it.

Altomonte

I watched both PSG and RM yesterday and am not convinced at all that PSG should be favored.
In addition, Real players will be well rested before the first match, having to play only 2 matches compared to PSG's four matches in both Ligue and Cup.
Neymar has not improved since his departure from Barça, and Real Madrid defense knows how to handle him. Referee will be very important and we know that RM always seems to enjoy a favorable treatment.
I'm still wondering if RM's defeat in the Copa was 'strategic' - it has worked for Zidane before, why should he change his strategy that worked the past 2 years?
Bottom line: RM still favorite to beat PSG.

Givenchy

I watched both PSG and RM yesterday and am not convinced at all that PSG should be favored.
In addition, Real players will be well rested before the first match, having to play only 2 matches compared to PSG's four matches in both Ligue and Cup.
Neymar has not improved since his departure from Barça, and Real Madrid defense knows how to handle him. Referee will be very important and we know that RM always seems to enjoy a favorable treatment.
I'm still wondering if RM's defeat in the Copa was 'strategic' - it has worked for Zidane before, why should he change his strategy that worked the past 2 years?
Bottom line: RM still favorite to beat PSG.

totally. PSG have proven nothing thus far and if we look back at last year they are some of the biggest bottlers of all time. Madrid have a winning pedigree and they usually up their game for the CL, especially if thats all they have to play for. that said i hope PSG smash them tbh

Horatio

You're welcome
Uefa has banned Carvajal for the first leg against PSG because he was stalling time against Apoel. =')

Home of Barca Fans