Champions League 2017/18

DennyCrane

I think it's gonna be similar to last time. We'll almost get there, and then some stupid shit will happen and we'll regret not taking our chances at home.

It really is spectacular how this keeps happening. Oh well, I guess it's just a game of football after all.

I don't see how Bayern ought to get past RM either. Losing yesterdays match is pretty alarming, considering that RM played with 10 players (Ronaldo :lol: ), Benz out of form and Navas being a nervous wreck in the first half all the while Bayern allegedly was in top form.

serghei

I think it's gonna be similar to last time. We'll almost get there, and then some stupid shit will happen and we'll regret not taking our chances at home.

It really is spectacular how this keeps happening. Oh well, I guess it's just a game of football after all.

Don't think so. I think Madrid will play better at home and they will go through without much trouble this time around. As [MENTION=7430]DennyCrane[/MENTION] said, they can't play worse than in Germany and they won 2-1.

Kewell

I don't buy the hype. There is a reason why they are behind Manchester United in the league table and Manchester United are terrible.

No one can convince me that Milner and Henderson will hold their own against Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Isco while Lovren will keep Ronaldo in his pocket just because Salah is in the form of his life and Liverpool scored 5 past Porto and Roma. They are one Salah injury away from gifting the game to Real before the kickoff whistle has even blown. Psychologically.

Liverpool away from home is also nothing special.

City 5 - Liverpool 0
United 2 - Liverpool 1
Tottenham 4 - Liverpool 1
Arsenal 3 - Liverpool 3
Everton 0 - Liverpool 0
Newcastle 1 - Liverpool 1
Watford 3 - Liverpool 3
Swansea 1 - Liverpool 0
West Brom 2 - Liverpool 2

Some glorious Liverpool results this season.

The entire hype is based around Klopp having Pep's number and pasting 2 Europa League teams in the CL at Anfield.

I'm really sorry, Real Madrid fans can already celebrate their threepeat.

Most of these results came before Klopp bought Van Dijk and stopped playing Moreno and Clyne and Gomez. The City 5-0 is where they had a man sent off and the game was actually pretty even before they had the sending off (When he played Van Dijk, Arnold and Robertson, they beat City 3-0 at home and 2-1 away). The only one of those results that came after he bought Van Dijk and started playing Robertson and Alexander-Arnold was the 2-1 at Old Trafford where they arguably should have gotten at least 1 penalty. The West Brom 2-2 was the other one and that was days before the Roma game and he rested Robertson and Arnold and played Moreno and Klavan like earlier in the season where they conceded a lot.

In all, the defence shored up after he started playing Robertson, Van Dijk and Arnold and he only played that defence in 1 of the games you listed so the results you listed is a bit misleading.

Last edited:

CanadianBlaugrana

I don't buy the hype. There is a reason why they are behind Manchester United in the league table and Manchester United are terrible.

No one can convince me that Milner and Henderson will hold their own against Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Isco while Lovren will keep Ronaldo in his pocket just because Salah is in the form of his life and Liverpool scored 5 past Porto and Roma. They are one Salah injury away from gifting the game to Real before the kickoff whistle has even blown. Psychologically.

Liverpool away from home is also nothing special.

City 5 - Liverpool 0
United 2 - Liverpool 1
Tottenham 4 - Liverpool 1
Arsenal 3 - Liverpool 3
Everton 0 - Liverpool 0
Newcastle 1 - Liverpool 1
Watford 3 - Liverpool 3
Swansea 1 - Liverpool 0
West Brom 2 - Liverpool 2

Some glorious Liverpool results this season.

The entire hype is based around Klopp having Pep's number and pasting 2 Europa League teams in the CL at Anfield.

I'm really sorry, Real Madrid fans can already celebrate their threepeat.

Bullshit man, anything can happen in a Final. Throw out stats because Football will surprise. Lastly, I remember a Champions League Final in Istanbul 13 years ago.

CanadianBlaugrana

You're naive if you think Loserpool has a chance against madrid in a CL final :lol: Madrid will run circles around them. They would be humiliated like never before. I'm expecting a manita from madrid.. Liverpool are no match to madrid in CL. I can bet my house on madrid in the final..

Those who have knowledge, don’t predict.
Those who predict, don’t have knowledge

ronniecro

liverpool stands no chance in final against madrid who are chasing their 3rd cl in a row. You could put Pep's barca against them and they would still win the final

JohnS

You're naive if you think Loserpool has a chance against madrid in a CL final :lol: Madrid will run circles around them. They would be humiliated like never before. I'm expecting a manita from madrid.. Liverpool are no match to madrid in CL. I can bet my house on madrid in the final..

Where do you live? I'll check the internet to see if there is a Salvation Army hostel nearby:p

TrueCule

Nothing is decided yet. The trend in this season for Real is that they win away and lose at home. They lost points against Levante, Bilbao, Betis, Villareal at home in La Liga too. They also lost a three goal lead against Juventus at home and needed a boost from the referee in order to advance to the semis. If they lost such a lead against Juve I believe that Bayern can turn this tie around. If Bayern continue playing like they did in the first leg, they will win for sure. Like Kimmich said in the post game interview, Bayern should have won 7-2 acording to the opportunities they had. This year's Real are the worst in the last 3 seasons. Bayern is a better team and I think that they will show this in the return leg. Bayern will finish what Juve started.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Real are a different beast when playing CL - We just cannot take their a poor run @ home in the league as a governing pattern in the CL!

serghei

liverpool stands no chance in final against madrid who are chasing their 3rd cl in a row. You could put Pep's barca against them and they would still win the final

:lol:

Pep's Barca would murder this Madrid. Only Marcelo, Ramos, and Ronaldo would get in that team.

This Madrid can't even dominate current Barca in h2h. What do you think it would've happened in the times or peak Xavi, peak Iniesta, peak Messi, peak Alves, peak Pique, peak Puyol etc.?

FC B

Cakir probably. Him and Brych seem to be the highest rated refs atm.

Brych seems as the best out there but isn't he a german? I don't like Cakir too much, can't forget the sending off of Nani vs. Mierda. Kassai isn't available?:lol:

serghei

Brych seems as the best out there but isn't he a german? I don't like Cakir too much, can't forget the sending off of Nani vs. Mierda. Kassai isn't available?:lol:

Brych is german so, he's out. It's gonna be Skomina or Cakir imo.

Home of Barca Fans