Champions League 2017/18

Albo

Have you ever had a civil conversation in your life?

I post on here because I'm a Barca fan, unlike yourself who's deprived of attention in real life which has lead you to use this forum as a substitute medium to receive the one thing you desire so greatly. Maybe if your parents had payed more attention to you when you were a child you wouldn't go on online forums actively looking to start fights.

Jeez, the guy is annoying alright and his lack of knowledge about history is deeply troubling but stop with the armchair psychology and personal attacks.

Centauri B

Just rewatched the 11/12 highlights against Chelsea and reminded myself of one of our club's biggest choke-jobs in its entire history.

Genuinely appalling stuff.

aaron101

Just rewatched the 11/12 highlights against Chelsea and reminded myself of one of our club's biggest choke-jobs in its entire history.

Genuinely appalling stuff.

By the looks of our attack and midfield, we might just see a replay or even worse than that 11/12 tie. Conte will likely put a 3-5-2 formation and will set up a bus in front of us. Morata and Hazard are deadly on the counter. Morata is so good in headers. They will rely on set-pieces.

LeeRomeno

Was looking at who still remain in the respected squads and was surprised to see almost half of our starting lineup (well maybe not Masch, who is now bencher) is still alive and kicking (Messi, Pique, Busi, Iniesta, Masch), while Chelsea only have Cahill in their roster. And if I look at 2009 matchup, 4 of them were in squad already back then :) Almost all Chelsea players, except for Cech, from that memorable matchup have retired or play in C-class leagues (a few young benchers are still around) We have really aged well :)

Stoichkov1

Jair Ventura are you the guy on reddit who 3 days ago kept spamming posts about Mbappé running almost as fast as Bolt with the ball at his feet?

Everyone was laughing at you if you didn't notice.

Centauri B

Man with a bit more luck we could've won 4 consecutive CLs in the Pep era.

Two are great, don't get me wrong, but that team could have and probably should have won more.

I still have nightmares over both semi-final losses during that period. Both were quite unlucky and against obviously inferior sides.

Also, during the seasons 13/14, 15/16 and 16/17 we could have won at least one more. I could never in the life of me imagine that Atletico could have kicked us out of two CL knock-out stages. Moreover, last season, how lucky were Juventus to get that 3-0 in Turin, we had more clear goal-scoring chances than they did.

Windhook

People forget that the third Inter goal, scored by Diego Milito, in the first leg of the 1/2 finals was the mother of all offsides. The outcry lasted just a couple of days, because "Hey Chelsea didn't get a zillion of penalties the previous year 1/2 final against Barcelona".

vlad

Man with a bit more luck we could've won 4 consecutive CLs in the Pep era.

Two are great, don't get me wrong, but that team could have and probably should have won more.

I dont agree, as pep barca was really dominant they had weakness for teams that can defend, how lucky was barca to get past chelsea 2009? Then unlucky vs inter, 2011 was full dominant, 2012 they fucked up vs chelsea, whole team chocked pretty bad, so i think barca was not close to defend CL title, let alone win 4 in a row, as much they were good they were not perfect, they had their vulnerabilitys

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
I'm just waiting for a cockney blue to bring up the away leg in 2009 in the semi and I'll bring up Eric Abidal red ;)

Adversus

I dont agree, as pep barca was really dominant they had weakness for teams that can defend, how lucky was barca to get past chelsea 2009? Then unlucky vs inter, 2011 was full dominant, 2012 they fucked up vs chelsea, whole team chocked pretty bad, so i think barca was not close to defend CL title, let alone win 4 in a row, as much they were good they were not perfect, they had their vulnerabilitys

At the time I thought they were the best team ever but this man City team maybe better for the reason you gave.

I think Pep has solved that defensive weakness with his tactics even if the players aren't as good.

vlad

At the time I thought they were the best team ever but this man City team maybe better for the reason you gave.

I think Pep has solved that defensive weakness with his tactics even if the players aren't as good.

Its gonna be interesting watch city this season in CL, but can they win it? For my opinion they are bad with finishing their chances, that could cost them

Home of Barca Fans