Champions League 2017/18

stb_1

PSG vs Real is fascinating. Conventional wisdom is never bet against the Spanish. so maybe 52% edge to Real.

Barcelona will beat Chelsea by 2-3 goals on aggregate. Juventus I think will beat spurs by a 3 goal margin too.

Neymessi

Last year BM was a lot worse, they played with 3 finished player in Ribery, Alonso and Lahm, then Real only managed to eliminate them with referee help though they played with 10 men.

Kurzawa is the only weakness PSG has. Best attacking trio+one of the best midfields PSG has. Something Barca doesn't have.

Barca with Valverde defends better yet not tested againist a top team. honestly, PSG is a lot stronger than Barca and Barca has zero chance vs PSG. On the other hand, Real is more balanced than Barca and has something extra, which is referee help.

Kurzuwa isn't that bad. Alves and their keeper is a bigger problem for them.

Trio? Barca had a better trio and we won cl only once in 3 years. And verratti has been hugely okayish for his standards this season.

Jair Ventura

Alves is the best RB in the world imo. One bad showing against Bayern doesn’t change that, he was never going to be able to deal with Coman’s Pace.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Last year BM was a lot worse, they played with 3 finished player in Ribery, Alonso and Lahm, then Real only managed to eliminate them with referee help though they played with 10 men.

Kurzawa is the only weakness PSG has. Best attacking trio+one of the best midfields PSG has. Something Barca doesn't have.

Barca with Valverde defends better yet not tested againist a top team. honestly, PSG is a lot stronger than Barca and Barca has zero chance vs PSG. On the other hand, Real is more balanced than Barca and has something extra, which is referee help.

Juve is not a top team now?

barcafan161

It isnt about having who and who in your squad or whether u won back to back ucls. The key factor is Madrid's poor form this season, especially that of their front 3. It's the same thing with Barcelona after we won the treble, players out of form and the front 3 losing their effectiveness.

No team can keep winning UCLs, no matter how good u were in a particular season, you have to keep your momentum and tactics updated which is incredibly hard.

You cant write off PSG as well. They just recently suffered two losses but they still won the rest. It doesnt mean just bcos they lost 2 times, they are all of a sudden a small team. People say they faced a Bayern in "crisis", if people put it that way, we havent even faced a real attacking threat yet and the only good win was against a Juventus who's missing their players.

I get the hate for PSG but realistically u cant write off PSG's attack. Once they get the momentum back, that's when they look dangerous again.
I think a lot of what matters is this draw isn't until February. a lot can happen from now until feb. teams can be in great form by then madrid included.

vlad

Alves is the best RB in the world imo. One bad showing against Bayern doesn’t change that, he was never going to be able to deal with Coman’s Pace.

Wow, take it easy, d. Alves cant be best RB in the world, not anymore

Edit: that psg hype train :D nasser will sell club first because they will not win CL

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Alves is nowhere near the best RB in the world ffs.

Dont think he was in last season at Barca either really. His legs had gone a bit.

Alves on the brink of retirement is the best RB in the world?

You're even more deluded than I thought, even Sergi Roberto a midfielder converted to RB is much better.

Jair Ventura

Wow, take it easy, d. Alves cant be best RB in the world, not anymore

Edit: that psg hype train :D nasser will sell club first because they will not win CL

Why can't he? He's playing the best. Also played at a top 3 level amongst RB's last season.

edit: Ousmane, you don't know anything about football, stop pretending like you do. Stick to the NFL or whatever sport you follow.

Why can't he? He's playing the best. Also played at a top 3 level amongst RB's last season.

edit: Ousmane, you don't know anything about football, stop pretending like you do. Stick to the NFL or whatever sport you follow.

You seem pretty obsessed with me by the looks of things; you've even got my name in your signature. I live in your head rent free.

Anyways, I can't take the opinions of anyone that says Neymar is the best player in the world and Alves is the best RB in the world seriously.

Once you get rid of your hard-on for Brazilian and PSG players you might be able to judge footballers accurately for once.

Jair Ventura

Yea, Alves didn't survive in Serie A or the UCL last season in the 2300 minutes he put in for Juve. Didn't play well against a Barcelona team his own eliminated from European competitions.... :lol:

You seem pretty obsessed with me by the looks of things; you've even got my name in your signature. I live in your head rent free.

Anyways, I can't take the opinions of anyone that says Neymar is the best player in the world and Alves is the best RB in the world seriously.

Once you get rid of your hard-on for Brazilian and PSG players you might be able to judge footballers accurately for once.

I just think it's funny that you pretend to be a Barca supporter when in reality you're an American that doesn't even follow the sport. :busquets:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans