Champions League 2017/18

serghei

In Madrid's last 4 CL campaigns, every single top team on the planet has faced them (and failed) but Barca were never good enough to even get to the stage to play them.

That's brutal reality.

I have to say it's been over a decade since I did not look forward to a new season, but I am already exhausted at the thought of next season with these primadonnas and our coward of a manager.

What's worse is going to media narrative that "With Coutinho and Griezmann, Barca are going to be among the favourites for the CL title". Such a farce. This club is becoming deluded.

What do you mean? We weren't paired with Madrid in the QF. We could have very well faced them if we were drawn against them. UEFA probably dreams of an El Clasico final, but we can't get there. :lol: That's why we never draw them in the quarters.

JamDav1982

In Madrid's last 4 CL campaigns, every single top team on the planet has faced them (and failed) but Barca were never good enough to even get to the stage to play them.

That's brutal reality.

I have to say it's been over a decade since I did not look forward to a new season, but I am already exhausted at the thought of next season with these primadonnas and our coward of a manager.

What's worse is going to media narrative that "With Coutinho and Griezmann, Barca are going to be among the favourites for the CL title". Such a farce. This club is becoming deluded.

Barca will be amongst the favourites.

The players performance and some coaching fuck ups is the reason for Barca going out early.

The quality of the squad is more than good enough to win the CL.

Can get better again but the squad has been better than likes of Atletico, Juve and Roma who have knocked Barca out.

serghei

Barca will be amongst the favourites.

The players performance and some coaching fuck ups is the reason for Barca going out early.

The quality of the squad is more than good enough to win the CL.

Can get better again but the squad has been better than likes of Atletico, Juve and Roma who have knocked Barca out.

I agree. It's mostly a matter of lack of intensity and poor tactics. The issue is that it's lasting for years now.

Sterlingfan2000

BkzyezPIAAEZnHQ.jpg

this picture feels so natural I often forget it's photoshopped

I still don't understand why we have this block on away games. I really think it's the grass and pitch lenght

Altomonte

it's quite simple: Zidane plans for CL matches by resting key players. Valverde plays tough La Liga matches 3 days before CL Away matches and then wonders why our players look tired.
We got away with being tired against Chelsea (we were lucky!) but no longer against Roma.
It's simply a matter of planning and respecting basic Physiology.

JamDav1982

it's quite simple: Zidane plans for CL matches by resting key players. Valverde plays tough La Liga matches 3 days before CL Away matches and then wonders why our players look tired.
We got away with being tired against Chelsea (we were lucky!) but no longer against Roma.
It's simply a matter of planning and respecting basic Physiology.

Zidane could do that as Real were out the picture in the league long ago.

The tiredness idea is overplayed.

Did Messi not have two weeks without a game while 'injured' for Argentina then benched v Sevilla?

FC B

(Pretending that Salah's injury was an accident, and nothing to do with Ramos' maliciousness,) the final was an epitomy of what we saw through the whole season, and in general of how this version of RM have managed to pave their way to glory:

- Injuries spreading on the opponent's best players like the runes carved into gravestones by the forbidden arts' foretold.
- Goals are being handed to them like in a youth academy's elementary training sessions.
- Wonder-goals that materialize one in a 1000 times, all concurring together when they need them.
- Getting all key moments of luck in a game, that could normally go either way, in their favor.
- When the referees are needed, they will happily give a helping hand

With NOT EVEN the slightest sense of playing better than a team with 10 times worse squad!!

Think whatever you want. This is NOT a great side!! It will not even near the greatest sides of history of this game. It maybe the luckiest side of all times.
This RM side is the living proof that football is the sport in which success does not reflect quality!!

Agreed. But they are quality, undoubtedly, but no where near a triple consecutive CL winner, not even for a double winner.

madridDK

Well I'm a Liverpool fan and I'm devastated! I really felt we would have won at Mo not been injured, and the manner of his injury really has made me so angry. Ramos knew what he was doing and nothing anyone says will convince me otherwise. Ramos is absolute scum, he takes out our star player (and may rob him off the world cup) he elbows Karius, and tried to get Mane (our next best player) sent off by pretending he hit him in the face, rolling around, holding his face, crying, the usual nonsense from scummy players like this. We were on top until Mo went off. We simply cannot replace a player of that quality and Madrid got confidence from this, and we couldn't really get any momentum once he went off. Of course Karius was an absolute disaster, the worst goal keeping mistake I've ever seen for the Benzema goal, and the 2nd mistake was also terrible. Hopefully we'll get rid off him in the summer and get a competent 'keeper.

Congratulation on the second position. Considering all things you guys should be happy with second place. No one thought you guys will make the final.

As for the match: I heard Liverpool fans sing about how they are a proper team and not one man team like RM. Well.Well.Well. Now the song has changed and everything went south because you lost Salah? Not a team now? The claims that Ramos injured him deliberatly is redicoulus. Ramos is a winner. He took Salah down because we would be in a bad position if he let Salah go. He did nt mean to injure him. Of course he do everything he can to win? He headbuttet Karius? Look how Van djik puches him with both hands just before the incident! Mane was lucky he was not sent off. Why would you try to hit someone in the face in a final?

Also Real lost Carvajal - one of the best right backs in the world, but it hardly made a difference for us, because we have quality players on the bench. You guys put in Lalana for Salah hahaha. That's like going from ferrari to donkey cart. Fact is if anyone in Liverpool defense was injured you guys would cry as well.

What about the goalkeeper? Is it Ramos fault he give free goals to RM?

Liverpool is an average team with 3 brilliant players up front. Rest are Europa League level.

As I said, no need to be sad. Look at your manager and learn from him. He was singing and celebrating wining the silver medal. It's a great archievement for a club like Liverpool.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Congratulation on the second position. Considering all things you guys should be happy with second place. No one thought you guys will make the final.

As for the match: I heard Liverpool fans sing about how they are a proper team and not one man team like RM. Well.Well.Well. Now the song has changed and everything went south because you lost Salah? Not a team now? The claims that Ramos injured him deliberatly is redicoulus. Ramos is a winner. Of course he do everything he can to win? He headbuttet Karius? Look how Van djik puches him with both hands just before the incident! Mane was lucky he was not sent off. Why would you try to hit someone in the face in a final?

Also Real lost Carvajal - one of the best right backs in the world, but it hardly made a difference for us, because we have quality players on the bench. You guys put in Lalana for Salah hahaha. That's like going from ferrari to donkey cart. Fact is if anyone in Liverpool defense was injured you guys would cry as well.

Liverpool is an average team with 3 brilliant players up front. Rest are Europa League level.

As I said, no need to be sad. Look at your manager and learn from him. He was singing and celebrating wining the silver medal. It's a great archievement for a club like Liverpool.

You come across as a right fud.

Givenchy

As for the match: I heard Liverpool fans sing about how they are a proper team and not one man team like RM. Well.Well.Well. Now the song has changed and everything went south because you lost Salah? Not a team now? The claims that Ramos injured him deliberatly is redicoulus. Ramos is a winner. He took Salah down because we would be in a bad position if he let Salah go. He did nt mean to injure him. Of course he do everything he can to win? He headbuttet Karius? Look how Van djik puches him with both hands just before the incident! Mane was lucky he was not sent off. Why would you try to hit someone in the face in a final?

fuck off back to a Real Madrid forum. we have decent Madridistas here, you are anything but decent

Home of Barca Fans