Champions League 2017/18

serghei

I actually feel relatively confident about Liverpool's chances. The game will be so open which gives Liverpool a good chance.

Madrid don't have a style of play. I've seen them play everything. I've even seen them getting dominated in possession by Atletico in 2016. It's difficult to say how they would play. They can attack but they can also defend deep and play counter. Have many weapons they can use. Liverpool's chance is that maybe they will be clinical on the night, because Madrid have proven that they can concede goals, and not few.

I expect Liverpool to outrun and outfight Madrid, but if Madrid's players are in a great night, individually they can make the difference, especially since Liverpool's GK and defense don't have experience at this level. Everything is possible. Liverpool can have great nights in Europe. Madrid's record in finals is second to none though. Gonna be an interesting final.

Last edited:

messid10s

Madrid don't have a style of play. I've seen them play everything. I've even seen them getting dominated in possession by Atletico in 2016. It's difficult to say how they would play. They can attack but they can also defend deep and play counter. Have many weapons they can use. Liverpool's chance is that maybe they will be clinical on the night, because Madrid have proven that they can concede goals, and not few.

A teams best chance against Liverpool is to play with a low block and not allow space for their forwards in behind and then wait for Liverpool's defence to screw up. I can't see Madrid being so defensive in a Champions League final if it was a tie at Anfield maybe but in a final no way the occasion would get to them if nothing else.

Joan

Anyone can keep hating the dominance these days. Giving football a top midfield trio, a top goalscorer and one of the most epic goals in the history of the competition is more than enough.

Madrid are a modern day equivalent of Boston Celtics from the 80s. Not impossible to beat, not always prettiest to watch and still “One shall never underestimate the heart of a champion”

Yes, it's enough to be considered one of the best (if not the best) CL sides ever.

In general? No. Pep's Barcelona, Sacchi's Milan will always be a level above. IMO.

I don't keep hating, just stating my opinion.

El Gato

Villarato!
It's still just one game. Doesn't excuse 7 months of poor showings. Not for me at least.

You're being a proper football justice warrior.

France was garbage in 2006 until 1/8s. From then on 95% of neutrals wanted them to win. Goes to show how 3 or 4 good games are more important than previous 6 years of shithousery.

Givenchy

It's still just one game. Doesn't excuse 7 months of poor showings. Not for me at least.

I see the game as a big test for how far can top management can take you with a normal good team, not elite in any way. Liverpool on paper have nothing to beat Madrid with, maybe 1-2 players would get into Madrid's team. It's a case of them overachieving with an incredible manager at the helm.

Liverpools front 3 are the best in Europe as a collective but agree that the rest of the team on paper are average at best

serghei

You're being a proper football justice warrior.

France was garbage in 2006 until 1/8s. From then on 95% of neutrals wanted them to win. Goes to show how 3 or 4 good games are more important than previous 6 years of shithousery.

NT football is like that, true. But club football also has domestic leagues which count a lot, especially the leagues that have very strong teams in them like La Liga and Premier League. I watch a lot more football from Premier League and La Liga than I watch from CL, because the volume of games is bigger. And quality games at that. The derby games in La Liga and Premier League involve just as many great teams as the CL.

Quality wise, it's no difference between Atletico - Barca, Madrid - Atletico, Barca - Madrid, Liverpool - City, City - United, United - Chelsea and the CL ties. Most of these games have been played in CL as well. Some of them in the quarters, semifinals, or final.

CL doesn't have bigger games than the top domestic leagues. It has a different format and a lot of marketing behind it. With National Teams it's different because a league format is not possible.

Last edited:

hardyboy

These sort of games are won by controling the midfield. Loserpool has a weak midfield. They will be clueless throughout the game..

Catta

The ideal scenario, it's the 88th min, the game is still scoreless, Marcelo dives, and the ref calls for a penalty. Cristiano scores it and takes of his shirt, after doing absolutely nothing the whole game. Everyone thinks it's already over, but then in the spirit of United from 99, Liverpool do the impossible and score two goals in the last 2 min of stoppage time. The second comes after a Ramos slip. Game Over.

Morten

These sort of games are won by controling the midfield. Loserpool has a weak midfield. They will be clueless throughout the game..

As said before, you dont need much of a midfield if you just plan to play throughballs all day, which, unless we sit deep, could work well for Liverpool.

Icarium

Lifestealer
My prediction 3-0 for real. Ronaldo with a brace. He will remove his shirt again at the last after scoring the final goal. It is basically written. This real Madrid is experienced in CL like no other team in the modern game. They can handle the pressure like it is just another Liga match. Sucks to see real win but hopefully next year we will be better and stop real CL run.

Morten

My prediction 3-0 for real. Ronaldo with a brace. He will remove his shirt again at the last after scoring the final goal. It is basically written. This real Madrid is experienced in CL like no other team in the modern game. They can handle the pressure like it is just another Liga match. Sucks to see real win but hopefully next year we will be better and stop real CL run.

Hopefully not, they better not think of it as a la liga game at all, cause then they will choke it.

FinBarcelonafan

I think it be similar to Atletico vs Marseille. Good 20 min from Liverpool then one massive mistake from their defense and Real will end up winning 3-0.

Home of Barca Fans