Champions League 2017/18

thefa

Banned
You guys think Kroos should be dropped from the starting 11 in the final in favor of Kovacic? he's been shocking lately, shades of his early Madrid form.

henias

I wonder if Real threepeating will motivate the squad to do better. Maybe. Maybe not. Leaning towards the latter tbh.

Problem here is Valverde not prioritising anything, using the same team in all 3 competitions heavily.

Squad cant do much when they are burnt in all fronts. Certainly Real's 3rd CL will make EV look alot worse and next season will be his deciding season whether he will leave or stay.

Lfc fan

100% agree! The problem is no one will remember that next year and the fact is that Real and Lpool are maybe the least deserved finalist in CL history.

Liverpool have scored the most goals in CL history,
Liverpool have the most clean sheets
Liverpools front 3 are the highest scoring in CL history,
Liverpool were undefeated in every single game until yesterday,
Liverpools player has the most assists in CL history,
We are the only team to score at Stadio Olympico in the CL...
We've broken so many records and especially after selling our best player and not replacing him.
We more than deserve to be in the final, even Romas goals were very lucky, a ball off milners face, 2 penalties that shouldn't have stood... Both teams had crap decisions from the ref

Last edited:

Raketa10

Stop being bitter. Liverpool deserve to be in the final. People moan about the decisions Roma did not get. What about the stupid decisions they DID get? They got 2 penalties that never were. Liverpool were denied a blatant penalty too. Roma should have had a red card. There are so many decisions that didn't go either way. Over the two legs, Liverpool were the better team and deserve to be in the final.

I am not being bitter, to many wrong decisions were made for a top class competition. I don’t rate this year CL at all. One team was hugely outplayed in 3 consecutive games and came there because of referees and unbelievable amount of luck and other team conceded 6 goals in semifinals. I repeat SIX?!?! This is a joke not an elite club competiton. No to mention that Bayern was robbed two years in a row!!!

That being said our disaster in Rome is even worse when you realize who is going to play in the final.

Last edited:

serghei

Who are you and what has happened with serghei?

Considering our record in La Liga and Copa, a CL win is mostly a treble. It's about time we win it again and it will happen soon I think. In 2015 it was the same. Had 3 failed CL campaigns in 2012, and especially 2013 and 2014. And in 2015 we had a response and cruised to the CL title.

Joan

Considering our record in La Liga and Copa, a CL win is mostly a treble. It's about time we win it again and it will happen soon I think. In 2015 it was the same. Had 3 failed CL campaigns in 2012, and especially 2013 and 2014. And in 2015 we had a response and cruised to the CL title.

I'd argue that the change was drastic. It was a completely different team. This one won't be, or?

Neymessi

I wonder if Real threepeating will motivate the squad to do better. Maybe. Maybe not. Leaning towards the latter tbh.

Motivation, defnitely, but there is only so far motivation can take you. A coach who knows something is important and we lack that.

It wasn't lack of motivation that made us lose out on CL.

madridDK

Liverpool have scored the most goals in CL history,
Liverpool have the most clean sheets
Liverpools front 3 are the highest scoring in CL history,
Liverpool were undefeated in every single game until yesterday,
Liverpools player has the most assists in CL history,
We are the only team to score at Stadio Olympico in the CL...
We've broken so many records and especially after selling our best player and not replacing him.
We more than deserve to be in the final, even Romas goals were very lucky, a ball off milners face, 2 penalties that shouldn't have stood... Both teams had crap decisions from the ref

And you have only played Europa League level teams. RM will be the first proper CL team you will play.

LosBlancos

Heads would’ve exploded if that were RM. Though I’ve actually read from some fans on Twitter that UEFA now has an “out” to favor RM. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans