Champions League 2017/18

serghei

Real Madrid will walk this. You have two inexperienced, average teams in Roma and Liverpool who have overachieved. And then you have an aging Bayern who have a slightly chance but will probably get beaten again. I don't think we'll see Real Madrid slip up again. The Juventus game was an aberration. Madrid have way more quality and experience than the other three teams.

Only Bayern are capable of beating them Liverpool and Roma would get beaten easily.

It's CL everything can happen. Madrid are considerably worse than last season.

T

TS88

I'm going with a Liverpool vs Bayern final with Liverpool winning it. I think Juup will draw up a successful gameplan to stifle Madrid and advance. Bayern have the balance in defence and attack to do it, I think they were the team Madrid wanted to avoid. This time a German coach will be in charge for a tie against Madrid and last time that happened, Bayern advanced past Madrid. They will get their revenge for last years shenanigans. Bayern will win the first game and probably draw the second one.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

I'm going with a Liverpool vs Bayern final with Liverpool winning it. I think Juup will draw up a successful gameplan to stifle Madrid and advance. Bayern have the balance in defence and attack to do it, I think they were the team Madrid wanted to avoid. This time a German coach will be in charge for a tie against Madrid and last time that happened, Bayern advanced past Madrid. They will get their revenge for last years shenanigans. Bayern will win the first game and probably draw the second one.

A team like Sevilla had numerous chances against Bayern. If Real get those opportunities they will finish them off in the first leg.

Givenchy

Madrid will creep past Bayern, dont think it'll be a huge win but no doubt the ref will give them a hand if need be.

Liverpool will struggle against Roma (they'd actually be better 2legs vs Bayern/Madrid as they raise their game for big games)

somehow we'll end up with a Roma-Madrid final. Roma will be the peoples choice but they'll fall short. all in all what a crazy season its been in the CL.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Ref Madrid has no pressure when they are facing the Germans but can't say the same about them! They have the additional one pushing them to get a revenge which is often gonna get people to lose their minds!!

The tie is Real's to lose by quite a margin

Yannik

Klopp is shit in finals. 1 win from 6.

Didn't he play 5 of them with the big underdog though? I think most coaches would have a similar record then. This Liverpool is the best team he ever coached though, so he might get something going this time. I wouldn't put too much weight into his final record, every game is an opportunity to break a streak.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Didn't he play 5 of them with the big underdog though? I think most coaches would have a similar record then. This Liverpool is the best team he ever coached though, so he might get something going this time. I wouldn't put too much weight into his final record, every game is an opportunity to break a streak.

Not better than peak Dortmund with pre-injury Gündogan, pre-fraudulent Götze, pre-injury Reus, Lewandowski, Hummels, Subotic etc.

Liverpool have a budget version of MSN upfront and a midfield and defense that no one would be surprised about if Real scored 6 past them. Klopp has Pep's number and that's it. That makes them look better than they actually are right now but they are behind Manchester United in the league table for a reason.

serghei

Not better than peak Dortmund with pre-injury Gündogan, pre-fraudulent Götze, pre-injury Reus, Lewandowski, Hummels, Subotic etc.

Liverpool have a budget version of MSN upfront and a midfield and defense that no one would be surprised about if Real scored 6 past them. Klopp has Pep's number and that's it. That makes them look better than they actually are right now but they are behind Manchester United in the league table for a reason.

CL is played on small margins. If he gets his team to believe in them, and gives 100% they can win the CL. Seen it before. Klopp is a great manager imo.

Yannik

I'd argue they are on level or above them, but the competition in CL is tougher this year than in 2013. Their defense is great at the moment; possibly better than Dortmunds in 203, midfield is the weaker spot, but Liverpool never really holds the ball there for long anyway. The offense is quite possibly the best trio football has at the moment. And then there's Klopp as a coach, and he knows how to play Madrid.

Morten

I like Klopp, and i like Liverpool, if we dont win advance to the final, i hope they go on to win it. Unlike other teams, their entire front trio is high up there on the top-scorer list, they have other attacking treats besides Salah, we only have Ronaldo.
That said, Klopps record in finals really isnt great.

Last edited:

Flavius

We play Real exactly after their tie vs Bayern. Would be so sweet (after such disappoint vs Roma) to play El Classico if they are dumped by Bayern.

Home of Barca Fans