Champions League 2017/18

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
English clubs improving is due to good coaching. Pep, Conte, Pochettino, Klopp and Mourinho have changed the league and the way tactics are rated and of course they have demanded the right players for their ideas so quality of individual players has risen too.
After a long drought Premier League is on the rise, that is for sure. Finally using their financial advantages compared to other leagues.

Morten

English clubs improving is due to good coaching. Pep, Conte, Pochettino, Klopp and Mourinho have changed the league and the way tactics are rated and of course they have demanded the right players for their ideas so quality of individual players has risen too.
After a long drought Premier League is on the rise, that is for sure. Finally using their financial advantages compared to other leagues.

We need to invest big next year to keep up, otherwise it wont be long until we trail the english sides + PSG.
Barca better start to do that too, or they will be left behind as well.

Messi983

Atletico need to pick it up or there's a chance they won't even make it out of the group stages.

At least Chelsea equalized at the end which is better for them than Roma win. Atleti will still probably need to win all remaining games to qualify.

I hoped Atletico and Roma would advance from this group but don't think there are even mathematical possibilities for that to happen now unless Chelsea drop points against Qarabag.

Pamela

Banned
the english teams are improving but its early days, the hype right now is ridiculous. Spurs will probably bottle it in the next round, Liverpool are crap, Chelsea don't look that great to me. United are a threat imo, boring as fuck to watch but with Mourinho they have an outside chance, City look the best of the PL teams going forward but that defence leaves alot to be desired.

vs any of those teams I'd still have Madrid, Barca, Bayern, PSG ahead and possibly Atleti/Juve could give them a game.
l'd not call Barca among that teams.

Neymessi

We hear this every year but epl teams flop hard always in the CL.

barcafan161

And thats an achievement?

They also gave the worst semi final performance in recent times.

Didn’t say it was but still made a deep run

They were as least competitive against Real Madrid even if they didn’t go after them enough. I’m sure that won’t be that approach again

Neymessi

Didn’t say it was but still made a deep run

They were as least competitive against Real Madrid even if they didn’t go after them enough. I’m sure that won’t be that approach again

They have 5 supposedly big clubs and most of them don't go past r16. City reached semis 2 years ago and chelsea reached one 4 years ago. Compare that to la liga top teams and they aren't anywhere near our record and then people say epl is the best league.

Since the last many years people always predict that this time epl teams will run riot in CL but its the same end always. Don't think it will be different this time.

barcafan161

They have 5 supposedly big clubs and most of them don't go past r16. City reached semis 2 years ago and chelsea reached one 4 years ago. Compare that to la liga top teams and they aren't anywhere near our record and then people say epl is the best league.

Since the last many years people always predict that this time epl teams will run riot in CL but its the same end always. Don't think it will be different this time.

Im sorry but nobody has predicted the English teams to go deep in recent seasons. It's only this year where people think it could happen. City, united and chelsea are the teams most likely to have a deep run.

People view the PL as the best not due to how good the top teams are but the league as a whole. Obviously most consider real and ourselves as bigger better teams but overall as a league they think on average the premier league teams are better. Although I do think people underrate la liga bottom half teams.

Neymessi

Im sorry but nobody has predicted the English teams to go deep in recent seasons. It's only this year where people think it could happen. City, united and chelsea are the teams most likely to have a deep run.

People view the PL as the best not due to how good the top teams are but the league as a whole. Obviously most consider real and ourselves as bigger better teams but overall as a league they think on average the premier league teams are better. Although I do think people underrate la liga bottom half teams.

Many have predicted it every season. Fans and experts alike.

Most people consider epl better because of how competitive it is but imo quality of teams should always be the first priority to judge.

Home of Barca Fans