Champions League 2017/18

Ursegor

World Champion
Naah, too harsh. They were inches away from scoring. They responded well to these 2 goals Juve scored, but didn't do nearly enough. They need a franchise guy who didn't grow with them really really urgently to get them over that hurdle. If they were to buy a quality proven DM or winger it'd be less of a problem for them to actually respond like a CL team.

Arsenal around 2010 was the same. They beat prime Barca at home and were a Bendtner toe poke away from advancing. This Spurs team reminds me a lot of those Arsenal sides from around a decade ago. Finishing 4th, playing nice tippy tappy football but ultimately winning nothing and bottling when it matters, crowned by the usual R16 exit.

serghei

Naah, too harsh. They were inches away from scoring. They responded well to these 2 goals Juve scored, but didn't do nearly enough. They need a franchise guy who didn't grow with them really really urgently to get them over that hurdle. If they were to buy a quality proven DM or winger it'd be less of a problem for them to actually respond like a CL team.

Arsenal were inches away from almost doing it a few times as well. Remember when they lost 0-4 vs Milan and won 3-0 in the return leg and missed some huge chances to make it 4? Arsenal were the masters of 'almost'. Just like Spurs were today.

BarcaOG

Banned
english sides exposed this week! liverpool drawing at home, spurs and city losing at home. really strange results

El Gato

Villarato!
Arsenal around 2010 was the same. They beat prime Barca at home and were a Bendtner toe poke away from advancing. This Spurs team reminds me a lot of those Arsenal sides from around a decade ago. Finishing 4th, playing nice tippy tappy football but ultimately winning nothing and bottling when it matters, crowned by the usual R16 exit.

Well yes, but Bentdner, Walcott and other fucking talentless players who featured aren't comparable with talent to what these Spurs have. I agree in that they have failed to follow through on every front time and time again, but I think they're a moment away from glory. It's like a great striker being on a goal drought with them - once it happens, they'll indeed be a top team. ATM they aren't because they don't have the pedigree to lean on. Once even one of them is there, they'll have years of success. Of course if Pochettino et al actually stay at the club.

serghei

I hope we take care of Chelsea. Ties are looking good. Curious to see who draws the lucky ticket of Shakhtar or Roma. There's no easy-ish opponent for the big boys except who wins that tie.

This Cahmpions league is getting very exciting.
Liverpool, Barca ( if we go through), Madrid, Juve, Bayern.

Too bad Madrid have the advantage since they have a large bench and only play one tournament while the rest of teams are playing 2 or 3 fronts.
I swear Madrid and their CL trophies are overrated when u take into account most of them were won while only playing for the CL.

Home of Barca Fans