Champions League 2017/18

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Coutinho smart goal for Liverpool. Coming g from left side made me imagine him doing it in Barca shirt.

FCBfan22

Ben Yedder scores 2. Both because of stupid defending by Maribor, Jean-Claude Billong in particular, who is one of the worst CB's I have seen in a long time.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Totally wrong tactics by Bosz in my opinion. Under him BVB is hellbent on holding possession, that is OK in most Bului games but when you are playing against Real Madrid you should consider tweaking and adapting, they haven't done much with the ball and have not been able to cut through RM's defense in the slow possession play with their weaker footwork and stuff, inadvertently allowing Ronaldo and Bale to rest just waiting to start the counter once RM has the ball. I still believe this BVB side is more lethal with counters than possession play and they should have sat deeper, closing out space in the back and let Real Madrid has the ball more in order to play more counters. Totally the opposite.

And why is Pulisic benched??? Yarmolenko is great and stuff but there is no speed and penetration on the right flank that Pulisic would have provided.

JamDav1982

Totally wrong tactics by Bosz in my opinion. Under him BVB is hellbent on holding possession, that is OK in most Bului games but when you are playing against Real Madrid you should consider tweaking and adapting, they haven't done much with the ball and have not been able to cut through RM's defense in the slow possession play with their weaker footwork and stuff, inadvertently allowing Ronaldo and Bale to rest just waiting to start the counter once RM has the ball. I still believe this BVB side is more lethal with counters than possession play and they should have sat deeper, closing out space in the back and let Real Madrid has the ball more in order to play more counters. Totally the opposite.

And why is Pulisic benched??? Yarmolenko is great and stuff but there is no speed and penetration on the right flank that Pulisic would have provided.

They sit deep and concede folk go nuts about not trying to get out of box.

Either way it is hard to defend and seen Real beat a lot of top teams through constant balls into the area.

Home of Barca Fans