Champions League 2017/18

The Premier League teams are so intelligent. Look at how muscular and physical Barcelona have been, but Chelsea are the team leading. Pure intelligence.

BarçaBarça

Reminder: Bayern playing great and therefore everyone blames Valverde that Barca aren't doing the same.
Difference: Facing club outside the world elite playing with 10 men, or a defensive powerhouse away.
If we had played Besiktas we would've won with the same score-line.

serghei

Chelsea doing better than expected, but you have to score your chances against Barcelona, it will come back to haunt them, Barca will win this.

Better than expected? I'd say they did exactly as expected. We're talking about a team with CL pedigree here. Finals, winner, many semifinals.

Reminder: Bayern playing great and therefore everyone blames Valverde that Barca aren't doing the same.
Difference: Facing club outside the world elite playing with 10 men, or a defensive powerhouse away.

Bayern would have put 5 past this Chelsea easily. If we were playing them instead of Chelsea, we'd be out.

Watch what Man City do to this "defensive powerhouse" next weekend and come back and tell me everything is fine.

Last edited:

Ritchie

It's the same with Ronaldo against Messi goals in knockouts over the years. How many Wolfsburg teams have Messi faced? It's hard teams every time and teams actually defend against Messi and try and stop him.

Bayern would beat Barca easily though now like in 2013. They have far better midfielders and more attackers of quality.

henias

Lol no. Just no. We ain't a defensive powerhouse and we look too vulnerable. We wouldnt win Besiktas the same score with our toothless attack. Never gonna happen.

Bayern would easily destroy this 442 flat Barca side.

blackrum

Bayern would have put 5 past this Chelsea easily. If we were playing them instead of Chelsea, we'd be out.

Watch what Man City do to this "defensive powerhouse" next weekend and come back and tell me everything is fine.

Just like they did against Wolfsburg and Schalke (at home)? I don't get how negative feelings about our recent performances translates to this Bayern glorification. Kneejerk is a powerful thing, I guess.

Just like they did against Wolfsburg and Schalke (at home)? I don't get how negative feelings about our recent performances translates to this Bayern glorification. Kneejerk is a powerful thing, I guess.

Unlike us, Bayern (and pretty much every other big team) are able to turn up when it counts. All we seem to be able to do these past few years is statpad in La Liga.

JerseyAddict

? I don't get how negative feelings about our recent performances translates to this Bayern glorification. Kneejerk is a powerful thing, I guess.

I agree It was Besiktas with 10 men on away game... they were sitting ducks form the moment Vida did his stupidity. ANd they fell apart when they got exhausted. it was not 4:0 scoreline on the HT. People on this forum are so negative about Barça and so glorifying about all others.

Don't you guys get it? We were playing against an ITALIAN COACH. They're impossible to beat, or even score against, as Juve clearly showed last year when they beat Madrid in the final without conceding a single shot. UEFA might as well give Roma the title right now. At the very least eliminate everyone other than Juve, Chelsea and Roma. Ok and Tottenham because Pochettino is of Italian descent.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Maybe we would be out of we played Bayern, who knows? But Bayerns game against Besiktas doesn't prove shit, because we would win very comfortably there as well. And even more comfortably if they were playing with 10 men like the did almost all match against Bayern.

Lol no. Just no. We ain't a defensive powerhouse and we look too vulnerable. We wouldnt win Besiktas the same score with our toothless attack. Never gonna happen.

Bayern would easily destroy this 442 flat Barca side.

I meant that Chelsea is a defensive powerhouse compared to Besiktas, and therefore "Bayern are great as always, while we are stuck with a clueless coach" is too easy, and quite wrong to say. I don't know if people don't realize: We would have a different game-plan against other teams, especially weaker sides in CL.

It's the same with Ronaldo against Messi goals in knockouts over the years. How many Wolfsburg teams have Messi faced? It's hard teams every time and teams actually defend against Messi and try and stop him.

Bayern would beat Barca easily though now like in 2013. They have far better midfielders and more attackers of quality.

Right, you have to take the opponents into account to get a fair comparison :thumbsup:
But I don't think Bayern would have an easy game against us, tbh.

BarçaBarça

Unlike us, Bayern (and pretty much every other big team) are able to turn up when it counts. All we seem to be able to do these past few years is statpad in La Liga.

Don't you guys get it? We were playing against an ITALIAN COACH. They're impossible to beat, or even score against, as Juve clearly showed last year when they beat Madrid in the final without conceding a single shot. UEFA might as well give Roma the title right now. At the very least eliminate everyone other than Juve, Chelsea and Roma. Ok and Tottenham because Pochettino is of Italian descent.

Oh, yeah - you are right. Like that time - just this season - where we beat a mighty Italian team with and mighty Italian coach convincingly 3-0?
And pretty much anyone else has got waaay easier match-ups than us (City, United, Liverpool, Bayern). But of course we should be expected to play just as dominating as them, and not only go through (which is more likely now than before our game), but do it convincingly and play God-like in the process, else Valverde has failed.

Home of Barca Fans