Champions League 2017/18

vlad

You forget Juve

How can anyone put some other team infront of juve when ut comes to choking in CL? 7 lost finals is unbeatble, psg according to their results so far in CL, quarters were their best result so far, cant take them serious. About atletico, getting to final was already achievment for them, they choked in their second one.

Ritchie

If Real win 4 CL titles in 5 years (and probably go and win it again next year with their big signings) then this decade goes down as Real Madrid's and Ronaldo's and a big failure for Barca and Messi.

In 2011 Barca won CL and Barca had the best club side possibly of all time, the best player of all time at an astounding level for the entire decade, yet Real Madrid end the decade with more CL titles. It'll be a disgrace for Barca.

viper76

But TBH if Chelsea eliminates us, we will be the biggest laughing stock in europe for a long time.

I think Chelsea will eliminates us, We have been shit on away games the last 2 season on cl and this season on the group stage we were poor .

I dont understand why some people here think we will trash Chelsea .

I think Chelsea will eliminates us, We have been shit on away games the last 2 season on cl and this season on the group stage we were poor .

I dont understand why some people here think we will trash Chelsea .

If Chelsea eliminates us there needs to be wholesale changes and the current team needs to be gutted because they will have proven they can no longer get the job done in the CL.

These things should happen if Chelsea eliminate us:

1. Valverde should be sacked
2. Suarez needs to be moved on
3. Iniesta needs to be phased out
4. Rakitic needs to be replaced
5. Roberto banned from playing RB

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There definitely need to be changes.

There should be no excuses this season. This team need to at least make the semis.

No one can with a straight face tell me two QF exits, and a R16 exit this season would be acceptable. This squad is just so much better than that. Not to forget Juve humiliated us last season too.

Barcilliant

If Chelsea eliminates us there needs to be wholesale changes and the current team needs to be gutted because they will have proven they can no longer get the job done in the CL.

Agree. We have just no won enough cls. Going out to Chelsea is a possibility and if we do then we need to rethink our whole philosophy plus introduce wholesale player changes.

Stoichkov1

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL if Valverde wins the league he won't be sacked for sure.

The board didn't want to sack Tata Martino in 2014 or Luis Enrique last year, do you seriously think they're gonna sack Valverde if he wins the league and CDR with 10 points over real madrid?

Messi983

This fan base gets more pathetic with each passing day :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Agreed.

I think people would react totally different if Atletico would won at least one of their finals (which they more than deserved) and Juve would won last season but because Madrid has won back to back titles and 3 out of the last 4 everyone is going crazy.

I think this version of Barca will peak next year. I’m ok with not winning the CL this year but we need to do much better than the past 2 years (not to mention 13 and 14 meaning every year post-pep except 15). Demonstrate that we can legitimately contend for the CL. Do that and Valverde should absolutely stay. If we lose to Chelsea he should be fired.

As for the player changes mentioned, they pretty much need to happen anyway.

Last edited:

Stoichkov1

I think this version of Barca will peak next year. I’m ok with not winning the CL this year but we need to do much better than the past 2 years (not to mention 13 and 14 meaning every year post-pep except 15). Demonstrate that we can legitimately contend for the CL. Do that and Valverde should absolutely stay. If we lose to Chelsea he should be fired.

Nope he shouldn't.

Even Florentino wouldn't sack a manager who wins the domestic double.

Nope he shouldn't.

Even Florentino wouldn't sack a manager who wins the domestic double.

Changes need to be made if we're that pathetic in the CL. I don't care if we win La Liga by 30 points. And I certainly don't give a shit about CDR. Let Sevilla and Valencia fight for it if it means we have better chances in the CL.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans