Champions League 2017/18

FinBarcelonafan

PSG problem is that they are way too attack-heavy both in tactics as well as quality of players. To be very simple, alot of issues Madrid had, were solved, when Casemiro was put into first lineup. Emery should have spent fortune trying to get some solid midfielders instead of attackers.
You need a defensive minded midfielder in modern football, who can cover defense if FBs are very attackminded, as they are for PSG, both Yuri and Alves were constantly bombarding forward. PSG lined up 3 midfielders, who are all imho better offensively. Even from bench, there is noone to take, Motta is already 35 and even more injured, Lass was brought from some Arab league lol, cannot expect him to be top level anymore. Dont know much about Lo Celso, but his inexperience in top European football was visible today. He was like Rabiot a few seasons ago, clearly talented, but just full of dumb mistakes.
Madrid did not play well, but they have very experienced team and they just took advantage of mistakes PSG offered. Dont think either team will win CL this season though, English teams look very solid this season, so do we, Bayern with Jupp can still pull one miracle run as well.

Well said. Whenver I saw lineup of Modric, Casemiro, Kroos, Isco, I thought PSG was toast, because the ywould have total control of midfield. PSG had no weapons to counter attack their ball control. Zidane knew what he was doing not starting Bale. Great tactic.

gatsu

It's really simple if we get knocked out before meeting the capital scums. You can already write this CL for madrid and a sixth BO for Penaldo. Experience is the most important factor in CL. Barça and real are unmatched in that department.

Think Madrid could get Mourinho'd by Utd.

Still don't fully trust anyone other than us against them in the CL knockouts these days. Would definitely give Bayern, City, Utd and Tottenham a chance though. Maybe Liverpool.

Last edited:

stb_1

Liverpool actually have great chance vs Real.. They are awesome vs teams who attack and crap vs small teams who just defend. They'd just sit back and try and counter Real, like Spurs did.

FC B

:lol: QSG. Of course they go 1-0 up and then bottle it. Not sure why I expected anything else. Silly me.

Give us Madrid in the next round. Don't trust anyone else against them at this point. Maybe Bayern. Even in City I see bottle potential.

Barca may be the only one that can knock Mierda off CL, maybe even with the refs around them as usualy.

I'd really wouldn't trust City or Bayern to do it, even Barca can get pretty bad out of a double against them.

El Gato

Villarato!
Well said. Whenver I saw lineup of Modric, Casemiro, Kroos, Isco, I thought PSG was toast, because the ywould have total control of midfield. PSG had no weapons to counter attack their ball control. Zidane knew what he was doing not starting Bale. Great tactic.

Huh? Ball control? You mean Neymar getting constant looks in the first half that he fucked up by not passing most of the time and Madrid looking dead up until a goal against the run of play is control of the game? Duuuude.

People need to calm the fuck down over here. This tie isn't over.

FC B

Real are not the best team and Messi does not do everything himself.

In some ways too much is given up to Messi and it can make Barca too one dimensional against the better sides.

Real wasn't the best team in previous two years yet they got their hands on two CLs, such is football, especially nowadays.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This argument was used to exhaustion, and is simply false. The reason why this "the shirt is more powerful than the money bla bla" is just false talk which holds sentimental value and appeals to romanticists. Proof ? Everything about PSG is comparable to chealsea, and guess who won in 2012 ? Chealsea.

PSG lost in this leg because they made mistakes. Are they eliminated? No. At least save this shit until they are eliminated. There is no Aristocrats or peasants. This is a bloodsport, and the best equipped is usually the winner. Aristocracy was not enough for Real Madrid to eliminate Alcorcon.

PSG can not be compared to Chelsea, how can they?

Yes they are eliminated, you want to bet?

FinBarcelonafan

Huh? Ball control? You mean Neymar getting constant looks in the first half that he fucked up by not passing most of the time and Madrid looking dead up until a goal against the run of play is control of the game? Duuuude.

It was 3-1 not 2-1. It's over. How often teams come back from this? Not often.

The thing that is in our favor is that we probably have the best defense in the competition. Even off-form we're barely conceding.

Feel like we're going to rely too much on defense the way PSG relied too much on their attack though. Atm we are very lackluster offensively.

It's over. QSG may be able to bottle this kind of lead, but you won't.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

chelsea, despite being an oil club, immediately began contending for CL after roman's takeover. They were unlucky not to win in 08 due to terry's penalty slip and gave rijkaard's barca some of the toughest games in the 05-07 stretch.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We have already won against them this season.

I honestly think we're the only team that can handle Real Madrid.

We sure can beat them, especially over two legs. But I have to say the manner in which we beat them this season was not convincing enough for me (I like last season's game at Bernabeu much better).

Let's beat Chelsea first.

KingLeo10

The thing that is in our favor is that we probably have the best defense in the competition. Even off-form we're barely conceding.

Feel like we're going to rely too much on defense the way PSG relied too much on their attack though.

defense and more importantly midfield wins cup competitions. real at times overwhelmed PSG in the midfield, and did the same to juve.

Home of Barca Fans