Champions League 2017/18

FinBarcelonafan

I know we are all disappointed but who genuinely thought PSG had a chance eliminating the capital scums? We all saw this coming, didn't we? After all PSG is like a drunken bum who hit the lottery jackpot and now wants to join the club frequented by aristocrats. Goes to show PSG is still a long way from being a serious contender in Europe (haha, fuck you Qtatar) and how bad Ligue 1 is.

Despite the luck they haved had in the CL, I don't think Real Madrid will be that lucky this time around. The English teams are very strong this year, especially City. Bayern will go far if they fix their leaky defense.

Let's beat Chelsea.

It's funny. When the game started you could see PSG was going to struggle. Their defense is just piss poor and I don't think 3-3-4 is way to go vs Real, especially when they play with more defensive Isco. You're just going to give them too many chances on counter, which they love.

FinBarcelonafan

Real Madrid are not going to survive the second leg just rest assured. They are loosing 100%. I'm just hoping they loose by a suficient margin is all.

Shocking performance by their attacking trio and the worst i ve ever seen Verrati play, yet the match was even save the final result. Parc Des princes is a bad place to visit historically, and Les parisiens are ferocious supporters. Add the personnel Emre has and some spirit and you will see an Avalanche of attacks which i doubt real Madrid would survive. I say 4-1.

I say this and i'm usually pessimistic. Those celebrations the madridiots are having are premature.

2-1 and maybe I would believe this. They need to win 2-0 and I just don't see it with this defense. They need a miraclew.

Raketa10

Who could possible beat them? Bayern, BCN, ManC, ManU (I actually think their style of football goes well vs Real), is there soemone else? I don't think Liverpool would fair well vs them. Maybe Tottenham..

MUN, Bayern, Tottenham, Lpool, City and of course Barca. All of those teams can beat them.

Last edited:

Total-Football

I know we are all disappointed but who genuinely thought PSG had a chance eliminating the capital scums? We all saw this coming, didn't we? After all PSG is like a drunken bum who hit the lottery jackpot and now wants to join the club frequented by aristocrats. Goes to show PSG is still a long way from being a serious contender in Europe (haha, fuck you Qtatar) and how bad Ligue 1 is.

Let's beat Chelsea.

This argument was used to exhaustion, and is simply false. The reason why this "the shirt is more powerful than the money bla bla" is just false talk which holds sentimental value and appeals to romanticists. Proof ? Everything about PSG is comparable to chealsea, and guess who won in 2012 ? Chealsea.

PSG lost in this leg because they made mistakes. Are they eliminated? No. At least save this shit until they are eliminated. There is no Aristocrats or peasants. This is a bloodsport, and the best equipped is usually the winner. Aristocracy was not enough for Real Madrid to eliminate Alcorcon.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I for one don't think Manchester United will beat this Real Madrid. We, City, Bayern and Liverpool/Spurs-on-a-good-day can.

Horatio

You're welcome
Have to say Real looked really poor attacking from middle. Have little creativity. The crossing one and long shot merchants galore.

LeeRomeno

PSG problem is that they are way too attack-heavy both in tactics as well as quality of players. To be very simple, alot of issues Madrid had, were solved, when Casemiro was put into first lineup. Emery should have spent fortune trying to get some solid midfielders instead of attackers.
You need a defensive minded midfielder in modern football, who can cover defense if FBs are very attackminded, as they are for PSG, both Yuri and Alves were constantly bombarding forward. PSG lined up 3 midfielders, who are all imho better offensively. Even from bench, there is noone to take, Motta is already 35 and even more injured, Lass was brought from some Arab league lol, cannot expect him to be top level anymore. Dont know much about Lo Celso, but his inexperience in top European football was visible today. He was like Rabiot a few seasons ago, clearly talented, but just full of dumb mistakes.
Madrid did not play well, but they have very experienced team and they just took advantage of mistakes PSG offered. Dont think either team will win CL this season though, English teams look very solid this season, so do we, Bayern with Jupp can still pull one miracle run as well.

Total-Football

Scary when watch the front players of Liverpool or City pressing and energy they have in midfield.

Barca have Suarez who defends a bit and Messi who does even less and a slow midfield.

Other teams look harder working and more pace about them and more variety.

If Barca play slow passing to Messi who trots towards ball and is faced with ten men Barca wont go far. Need more work rate, movement off the ball and variety.

Barely any point buying likes of Dembele or Coutinho if going to make them into system players for Messi and to an extent Suarez.

i don't agree with all of your stuff but that is one good input, i quote for re-appearance value.

FinBarcelonafan

Trust me, in this UCL campaign only Barca and maybe Bayern ( if they are in good form) can knock out Real Madrid.

City will choke.
If Liverpool will score 3, Real will score 5.
United - lol ?

Mourinho knows how to beat teams with defense. I think ManU looks like a team who could bring them down, seriously. They could do it. ManU plays boring game and I think one or two goals for ManU would be enough to finish Real.

Home of Barca Fans