Barca fans who claim everything will be ok are destroying us

BBZ8800

Mark my words, we are not winning CL nor La Liga this year, quote me after the season is done, but with a squad like this, a mediocre squad, we won't, there are at least 4 or 5 teams in europe with FAR superior and complete squads. We basically have no world class players apart from Messi, Coutinho and Busquets.. and a pretty good keeper in Ter Stegen.

Majority of your post is true.
Especially how our squad is mediocre.

On the other hand, I have no idea why are you still mentioning Busquets as a world class player.

I've said this in the Valverde thread but it applies to this thread as well !!

Valverde has had the polar opposite effect on his players to Klopp who has improved virtually every player in Liverpool's squad .. plus they're playing football we can only dream of seeing again !!

Liverpool's core players are aged 23, 26 and similar.
Our core players are grannies.

Even a magician couldn't make our grannies to play (much) better.
We are the oldest big team in the world.
Something like AC Milan with their grannies 10-15 years ago.

How can you play Liverpool's football with lots of pressing and running with our players?
Be realistic.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Going forward it's hard to argue a starting spot for Pique, Busquets, Rakitic and Suarez.

I've got no doubt Lucho would have benched at least a couple of those players. Pep likely would have sold Pique and Suarez already if they weren't playing to the level he demands.

Having a manager that lacks imagination and cojones is an issue, but so are some of our players. Yes some of them are Barcelona legends, but that doesn't mean they should be given a free pass until they're completely washed up.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Going forward it's hard to argue a starting spot for Pique, Busquets, Rakitic and Suarez.

I've got no doubt Lucho would have benched at least a couple of those players. Pep likely would have sold Pique and Suarez already if they weren't playing to the level he demands.

Having a manager that lacks imagination and cojones is an issue, but so are some of our players. Yes some of them are Barcelona legends, but that doesn't mean they should be given a free pass until they're completely washed up.
Lucho actually tried to bench Rakitic with Gomes at one point during the first half of the 2016/17 season. Iniesta got injured for a good amount of time, and I'm pretty convinced that Rakitic's agent was leaking rumors to MD/Sport around that time to try and pressure Lucho into playing him as a starter again. And even Lucho, said "I don't think Rakitic is willing to jump off a cliff for me" during a Press conference as well.

What happened was Iniesta came back, Gomes crap and Rakitic got his spot back.

henias

I'm okay with fans trying to be slightly optimistic, but what really gets under people's skins is those holier than thou, strawman arguments intending to guilt trip, at how some honest realistic opinions are somehow entitled pricks while they themselves provide nothing substantial in their dissension. All these defeats the purpose of having a forum in the first place. You can already see some in this thread, which I dont wanna mention who.

There's obvious issues with the squad and management that has gone worse the past season, and it all starts from the board and then the manager. Fans dedicate their time and money to watch a shitshow every week and then act all surprised when shit hits the fan. The club seemed to have to learn every thing the hard way and theres really no excuse for a club of this magnitude and level. Fans have to be act like fans but there has to be certain limit if the management think fans are blind sheeps that can be fooled.

No one showed any decency or shame to step down, manager included, and they thought they can deceive everyone when they are clearly out of depth, knowledge and competence.

This is just wasting the fan's time, the players' prime, young players zeal, all of their efforts and investment into this club. Even the best player in the world who's trying to lay down his legacy in his final years has to endure with this shit. No one can be okay with this.

khaled_a_d

I'm okay with fans trying to be slightly optimistic, but what really gets under people's skins is those holier than thou, strawman arguments intending to guilt trip, at how some honest realistic opinions are somehow entitled pricks while they themselves provide nothing substantial in their dissension. All these defeats the purpose of having a forum in the first place. You can already see some in this thread, which I dont wanna mention who.

What you are saying is respectable,but problem with it is that it can go both ways.
Almost everything you said can be said with little modification on your opinion for example (or any one opinion really), a big part of it will be based on you -or me-thinking his opinion is actually the legit one.

I mean you are describing your side of having realistic opinion for example, for me-as I said one year ago- there is nothing realistic when someone blame the fans for what is happening, the only fans that matter in the future of this club are the socios and most of the voters from them are older people who have been supporting the club for decades and spending more time and money on the club than any of us. So I really don't feel I can be judgemental on those (may on those who don't show up though)

And at the end, fans shouldn't really annoyed with each other anyway, you don't like someone opinion you can ignore it and don't take it on your nerves

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Most fans, especially us overseas fans being optimistic or an ostrich etc. has little bearing on the club, we have almost zero weight on the club. It is those socis and fans in Barcelona and elsewhere in Catalonia who have no problems with the status quo will prompt the board and club management to believe everything is fine. They need to come out and demand change.

MTL_Barca

Majority of your post is true.
Especially how our squad is mediocre.

On the other hand, I have no idea why are you still mentioning Busquets as a world class player.

Liverpool's core players are aged 23, 26 and similar.
Our core players are grannies.

Even a magician couldn't make our grannies to play (much) better.
We are the oldest big team in the world.
Something like AC Milan with their grannies 10-15 years ago.

How can you play Liverpool's football with lots of pressing and running with our players?
Be realistic.

Well it would be a start to a) focus on the young players instead of ignoring them and b) not asking for more old players. Reports said Valverde wanted 30yo Willian. If he got him he would probably play him instead of Dembele now, making the team even older. Vidal was another addition making the squad older even after miraculously getting rid of Paulinho.

But of course the squad is more a topic for Barto and his puppets. Same as the coach, i mean nobody can blame Valverde for taking the job if anything people should be angry at the ones who offered it.

We are doing good financially but besides that they pretty much made everything worse. But we all knew that, yet people voted for him again and what we currently see is the result. Thats what Barto made out of Barca. Its honestly just sad.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Most fans, especially us overseas fans being optimistic or an ostrich etc. has little bearing on the club, we have almost zero weight on the club. It is those socis and fans in Barcelona and elsewhere in Catalonia who have no problems with the status quo will prompt the board and club management to believe everything is fine. They need to come out and demand change.

But things are not that bad. Commercially we are performing well, we won a double last year. My point is that there is not enough reason to force the board out. They were voted in fairly and so we must accept that and wait until the next election

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
But things are not that bad. Commercially we are performing well, we won a double last year. My point is that there is not enough reason to force the board out. They were voted in fairly and so we must accept that and wait until the next election

The change I am talking about does not necessarily equal to forcing the current board out. Honestly I am not sure whether the next group of people will be better or more competent. I am talking about having a clearer and better vision for our future, planning early for a post-Messi Barca, doing something about the declining squad (we are getting worse and worse) and hiring competent managers and sporting people to handle the sporting aspect of our club (from sporting directors to scouts to La Masia folks etc.).

Certainly it is easy for me to say and certainly it is easier said than done but still, if our big-wigs don't sense a sense of crisis than we are not far away from a real crisis.

Last year we got lucky so many times. Mostly Real Madrid fumbled so hard and handed us the league. Most of us know we didn't play well most of the time, despite being able to squeeze out many wins. We can't keep going down this path any more.

Our commercial success came with our success on the pitch. If we can't deliver, our money will drain too.

Last edited:

Morten

Dont worry, you will win the league this season and also next no matter how boring you will play, we need new players to compete.

FinBarcelonafan

Dont worry, you will win the league this season and also next no matter how boring you will play, we need new players to compete.

We need new players as well(old roster..). You have way better talent pool for the next 5 years. We don't have almost any talent coming up. Real gets all the best talent from Spain, you will be fine.

BBZ8800

Well it would be a start to a) focus on the young players instead of ignoring them and b) not asking for more old players. Reports said Valverde wanted 30yo Willian. If he got him he would probably play him instead of Dembele now, making the team even older. Vidal was another addition making the squad older even after miraculously getting rid of Paulinho.

But of course the squad is more a topic for Barto and his puppets. Same as the coach, i mean nobody can blame Valverde for taking the job if anything people should be angry at the ones who offered it.

We are doing good financially but besides that they pretty much made everything worse. But we all knew that, yet people voted for him again and what we currently see is the result. Thats what Barto made out of Barca. Its honestly just sad.

About young players, we need YOUNG and GOOD players, not only young players.

So:
1. good, but old players are having problems in terms of pace, stamina and motivation
2. young and good players are awesome, except in terms of experience
3. young but not good players are not the answer at all. That is Europa league level of quality. Usually even worse.
In fact, usually, a good but old player is way more useful than a young and average player.

Regarding our young players, we don't know whether they are YOUNG and GOOD.
For now, all we know is that they are young.

The other thing is that fans are hoping and dreaming that Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Alena, Puig will turn to be both YOUNG and GOOD.
I have wrote a lot of times, that is statistically almost impossible.
If two of them will turn out to be Barca's potential, that will be a success.

So, guys who are dreaming about all 5 of them making it here will probably need to tune down their expectations and dreams a lot.

How will we see whether youngsters are good?
1. through training grounds
2. and matches, of course

The change I am talking about does not necessarily equal to forcing the current board out. Honestly I am not sure whether the next group of people will be better or more competent. I am talking about having a clearer and better vision for our future, planning early for a post-Messi Barca, doing something about the declining squad (we are getting worse and worse) and hiring competent managers and sporting people to handle the sporting aspect of our club (from sporting directors to scouts to La Masia folks etc.).

Certainly it is easy for me to say and certainly it is easier said than done but still, if our big-wigs don't sense a sense of crisis than we are not far away from a real crisis.

Last year we got lucky so many times. Mostly Real Madrid fumbled so hard and handed us the league. Most of us know we didn't play well most of the time, despite being able to squeeze out many wins. We can't keep going down this path any more.

Our commercial success came with our success on the pitch. If we can't deliver, our money will drain too.

1. about a manager, they probably thought that EV will be a good Barca's DNA choice, who will successfully continue to play our style with players whom we have
2. about board's clear vision for the future and for the era after Messi, imo, they tried.
They bought Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Lenglet, Denis, Gomes, Umtiti, Digne, Paco, and gave chances to Deulofeu, Munir, Alena, Puig.
On paper, that is 13 young players over the last 28 Months.
In reality, a problem is that majority of these players have already turned into flops, and the others will turn out to be flops during this season.

So, the board really tried to rejuvenate the squad.
The problem is: the players on whom they placed their bets (picks from director Robert) were usually bad picks.

So, the board and directors surely did try.
But bought the wrong young players.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

So:
1. good, but old players are having problems in terms of pace, stamina and motivation
3. young but not good players are not the answer at all. That is Europa league level of quality. Usually even worse.
In fact, usually, a good but old player is way more useful than a young and average player.

The other thing is that fans are hoping and dreaming that Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Alena, Puig will turn to be both YOUNG and GOOD.

So, guys who are dreaming about all 5 of them making it here will probably need to tune down their expectations and dreams a lot.

1. about a manager, they probably thought that EV will be a good Barca's DNA choice, who will successfully continue to play our style with players whom we have
2. about board's clear vision for the future and for the era after Messi, imo, they tried.
They bought Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Lenglet, Denis, Gomes, Umtiti, Digne, Paco, and gave chances to Deulofeu, Munir, Alena, Puig.
In reality, a problem is that majority of these players have already turned into flops, and the others will turn out to be flops during this season.

The problem is: the players on whom they placed their bets (picks from director Robert) were usually bad picks.

So they should buy the right young players? Like who?

serghei

So:

Young world class players is almost an oxymoron. If you're young then you are still learning. Except if you're some ridiculous talent like Messi, who starts at 18 years old world class level and ends up all time great in his peak.

You sign young players, but then you have to develop them. If you can't do that, you won't do shit. You either buy world class 26-27 years old players (which can cost you up to 150m a piece lol), or you buy talented players for 50-70m and you develop them. DEVELOP them, as in not leaving them on the bench or not in the squad 6 matches out of 7.

The right direction is this.

Get the right manager.
Sign the right players.
Start changing the core of the team.
Ta-da... next Barca.

If you screw it up from step no1 then it's like trying to win a 10.000m race with a broken leg. The most important single piece in a team is the manager. If you hit a home rune like we did with Pep, or Madrid did to Zidane, you're set. If not, and you get it wrong, you struggle, until you correct the mistake and fight the right man for the job. It is what it is.

What's shitty is that Madrid can correct an error in 1 season, while Barca take 3 years.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans