Barca fans who claim everything will be ok are destroying us

FiReFTW

This team is dead. Real Madrid will dominate football again even this year and, because of this, Cristiano Ronaldo will overcome Messi in Balon d'ors despite Leo still being the best player on the planet.
One simple suggestion: enjoy as much as you can these last moments of still-in-his-prime Messi playing for Barça, because nightmares years are waiting for us once he will go.

The saddest part is, with a player like Messi who comes once in a lifetime if ever, if you make smart buys and build a good team and then as time goes on and players get older and decline or transfered elserwhere you fill those holes, you have a team that is incredible.
Just look how we performed in that one season 3 years ago, winning CL, but lets be honest, the team already had quite a few holes that needed to be filled to be stronger, and yet we still managed to win the CL, all because of a once in a lifetime player like Messi.
But sadly we are wasting away his talent and this incredible oppurtunity.

Im willing to bet if Messi had a strong team around him with a strong bench, we would have won at the very least 3 CL's of the past 6, instead of 1 we won now, perhaps even more, its quite likely we would have dominated the football world like no team in a long time... instead, now its Real Madrid that is doing just that.

When will we have a player like Messi again in our team? Why are we not capitalizing on this? It just boggles my mind...

SeloBarca

There are alot of high profile people on this forum, including mods, that said over and over everything will be ok and that we needed no midfield signings "becouse we play different"
That Denis Suarez is a great signing, and now did the same with Deulofeu.
The same people shunned me saying it would happen 3-4 years ago, and some even got banned.

Last edited:

RevoTeller

The saddest part is, with a player like Messi who comes once in a lifetime if ever, if you make smart buys and build a good team and then as time goes on and players get older and decline or transfered elserwhere you fill those holes, you have a team that is incredible.
Just look how we performed in that one season 3 years ago, winning CL, but lets be honest, the team already had quite a few holes that needed to be filled to be stronger, and yet we still managed to win the CL, all because of a once in a lifetime player like Messi.
But sadly we are wasting away his talent and this incredible oppurtunity.

Im willing to bet if Messi had a strong team around him with a strong bench, we would have won at the very least 3 CL's of the past 6, instead of 1 we won now, perhaps even more, its quite likely we would have dominated the football world like no team in a long time... instead, now its Real Madrid that is doing just that.

When will we have a player like Messi again in our team? Why are we not capitalizing on this? It just boggles my mind...

Sadly I agree, they ruined Barça legacy allowing Real to win like this in the last years and they also wasted 5 years of prime Messi in a disgraceful way.
And the worst part is that it is just the beginning of the real disaster which is yet to come in the future years.

slk123

this board will probably be gone at some point soon, but I'm pretty sure all that spite of barca fanbase wont go anywhere. somehow I feel current board and fanbase actually deserve each other.

wish ppl would realise that the time when we dominated everybody was unique for a reason instead of being butthurt that it didn't last forever.

there's no saviour in sight anyway and barca doesn't have a history of having competent management either. so chances are perception of the next board, coach and players will be still as bad as long as people think that being barca fan is only about barca winning trophies.

this board will probably be gone at some point soon, but I'm pretty sure all that spite of barca fanbase wont go anywhere. somehow I feel current board and fanbase actually deserve each other.

wish ppl would realise that the time when we dominated everybody was unique for a reason instead of being butthurt that it didn't last forever.

there's no saviour in sight anyway and barca doesn't have a history of having competent management either. so chances are perception of the next board, coach and players will be still as bad as long as people think that being barca fan is only about barca winning trophies.

Good job, you've got the moral high ground !

ronniecro

all of a sudden i see many messages of support for paulino welcoming and wishing him all the best,even comments how he actually has something to offer and how this transfer will turn out good,i'd say there's no difference between them and the ones who claim everything will be ok

SeloBarca

Whats even worse is that even if the board leaves, the new one will have a shitmountain to work through.
Reestablish the name thats been dragged in the mud.
Rejuvenate the team on pretty much every position, the board wasted the last years of Messi and Iniesta already and Suarez is not getting younger.
Rejuvenate LaMasia again, not to bring in players to A-team but its been way to sloppy since Laporta/Cruyff era.

I would like someone with experiance, like Laporta, and some big name former players like Xavi and Puyol to manage new signings.
Xavi has always said he would like to come back to Barcelona one day and Puyol already started his managereducation once. And Puyol posted that "one day we'll be back" tweet with Xavi and Laporta at the wedding.
#algundiatornarem

Alik

Whats even worse is that even if the board leaves, the new one will have a shitmountain to work through.
Reestablish the name thats been dragged in the mud.
Rejuvenate the team on pretty much every position, the board wasted the last years of Messi and Iniesta already and Suarez is not getting younger.
Rejuvenate LaMasia again, not to bring in players to A-team but its been way to sloppy since Laporta/Cruyff era.

I would like someone with experiance, like Laporta, and some big name former players like Xavi and Puyol to manage new signings.
Xavi has always said he would like to come back to Barcelona one day and Puyol already started his managereducation once. And Puyol posted that "one day we'll be back" tweet with Xavi and Laporta at the wedding.
#algundiatornarem

Biggest challenge would be a competent board being elected following the fall of Bartomeu. There's a high possibility of his successors being just as incompetent or almost so.

SeloBarca

Yea its like Fifa, you get rid of the biggest rat, but the other rats are still there, voting in another of their rat buddies.

Thats why i dont want someone unexperianced, it would be way to much for someone like that to handle.

AND we have to wait another year for any real changes since the season will already have begun.

FiReFTW

1 year later nothing changed.

Team is still crap, we did not get rid of the dead weight of the likes of Pique, Rakitic etc... we did not fill our weak spots with any world class players, and only bought mediocre players....

Theres no way in hell we are winning CL this season, not even REMOTELY possible, and its unlikely we win La Liga aswell, tho that is at least more likely considering its fairly weak, and both madrids are also struggling lately.

What a joke, this incompetent board basically destroyed Messi's whole career as a footballer, he could have won 6-7 CL's easily, and Barca could be sitting close to 10 CL's while Real would be far off from the current tally, if they actually kept upgrading the squad and filling weaknesses, instead of actually WEAKENING the squad and buying dead weight players lol... so sad... but what can you do.

Mark my words, we are not winning CL nor La Liga this year, quote me after the season is done, but with a squad like this, a mediocre squad, we won't, there are at least 4 or 5 teams in europe with FAR superior and complete squads. We basically have no world class players apart from Messi, Coutinho and Busquets.. and a pretty good keeper in Ter Stegen.

Andrew M

1 year later nothing changed.

Team is still crap, we did not get rid of the dead weight of the likes of Pique, Rakitic etc... we did not fill our weak spots with any world class players, and only bought mediocre players....

Theres no way in hell we are winning CL this season, not even REMOTELY possible, and its unlikely we win La Liga aswell, tho that is at least more likely considering its fairly weak, and both madrids are also struggling lately.

What a joke, this incompetent board basically destroyed Messi's whole career as a footballer, he could have won 6-7 CL's easily, and Barca could be sitting close to 10 CL's while Real would be far off from the current tally, if they actually kept upgrading the squad and filling weaknesses, instead of actually WEAKENING the squad and buying dead weight players lol... so sad... but what can you do.

Mark my words, we are not winning CL nor La Liga this year, quote me after the season is done, but with a squad like this, a mediocre squad, we won't, there are at least 4 or 5 teams in europe with FAR superior and complete squads. We basically have no world class players apart from Messi, Coutinho and Busquets.. and a pretty good keeper in Ter Stegen.

Feel better now?

Zidane82

I've said this in the Valverde thread but it applies to this thread as well !!

Valverde has had the polar opposite effect on his players to Klopp who has improved virtually every player in Liverpool's squad .. plus they're playing football we can only dream of seeing again !!

Home of Barca Fans