Spanish SuperCopa: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona (5-1)

Hektor

Paulinho can't even trap a pass at times. And you want him to play DM? Nah.

I strongly believe that Paulinho is our salvation. I also believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny :santa:

You have to change your signature, because the N is gone, the S is hurt and the M is all alone and always surrounded by 4 defenders.

Last edited:

Hektor

I've changed it. It was a damn good signature. Time to move on.

I was in heaven with the NMS while it lasted. Damn Bartomeu! €222 mils release clause and Ronaldo is € 1,000 mils? This board is the one that lost Neymar and Dani Alves. They should resign now, before we lose Messi. They are dedicated idiots.

I usually do not get upset or insult people, but this board is too much; they are trying my patience. They should go to North Korea or maybe Qatar.

Hektor

I'm thinking of good places our present glorious board should move to. I made up my mind. They should move to Siberia, now. Please go! :wave:

I'm done for the day and going to bed to drown my sorrows:jack:

Petulant Whiner

But tell me sir, do you believe in our lord and savior, Nicklas Bendtner?

Am I crazy for thinking Bedtner will actually contribute to this team from the bench?

The guy is a serviceable player when he is focused.

He was a Lord when a lord meant you had to actually have some redeeming qualities that lure people into thinking you are good on occasions.

Science Kid

Does still somebody think that zidane's real is winning because of pure luck? They have a system, perfect players, they can keep the ball, they can play on counters, they are best at set-pieces, theirs left back, marcelo is a match winner, ramos also, guys from defence, let alone midfield and attack, probably the most complete team ever, and after 3 cl in 4 years, they dont look like they will slow down.

And about barca, hard times are ahead, whoever thinks bringing dembele, coutinho, dembele, dybala or pogba will change this is deluded, dont get me wrong, top team need to have top players, but for example now, if barca bring dembele and cou, things will stay the same, we will probably see couple of individual goals from them, like from neymar, but team will not start play great football again

Edit: changing board is a first step to recovery
2014: Lost to BVB 2:0 and were extremely lucky to go through even though BVB played with it's second team. Won the final by equalizing in the 93'.

2016: Lost to Wolfsburg 2:0, beat them 3:0, barely made it through, 0:0 and 1:0 vs City, and won the final on penalties while their goal was offside.

2017: Beat Bayern 1:2 after Vidal missed a penalty at 1:0. Lost to Bayern 1:2 in the rematch and then the refs took center stage allowing 2 offside goals and a ridiculous red card to Vidal.

They have taken advantage of the fact that there are no European forces. English teams are in disarray, freakin Leicester won the title last year, Juve are a fools gold and everyone else in Italy sucks, Bayern destroyed BVB and they themselves have aged while not doing a good job with replacements. Not to mention our way past it's prime team.

It might not be pure luck, but no team ever has had the fortitude of Real in the last 4 years.

serghei

2014: Lost to BVB 2:0 and were extremely lucky to go through even though BVB played with it's second team. Won the final by equalizing in the 93'.

2016: Lost to Wolfsburg 2:0, beat them 3:0, barely made it through, 0:0 and 1:0 vs City, and won the final on penalties while their goal was offside.

2017: Beat Bayern 1:2 after Vidal missed a penalty at 1:0. Lost to Bayern 1:2 in the rematch and then the refs took center stage allowing 2 offside goals and a ridiculous red card to Vidal.

They have taken advantage of the fact that there are no European forces. English teams are in disarray, freakin Leicester won the title last year, Juve are a fools gold and everyone else in Italy sucks, Bayern destroyed BVB and they themselves have aged while not doing a good job with replacements. Not to mention our way past it's prime team.

It might not be pure luck, but no team ever has had the fortitude of Real in the last 4 years.

They were lucky to win the CL 3 times in the last 4 years. True. Nothing lucky about them now.

CL + La Liga is basically confirmation that you are the best team in the world. Madrid are the best team in the world. They weren't in 2014 and 2016. But they are now.

Birdy

They were lucky to win the CL 3 times in the last 4 years. True. Nothing lucky about them now.

CL + La Liga is basically confirmation that you are the best team in the world. Madrid are the best team in the world. They weren't in 2014 and 2016. But they are now.

It's unfair and misrepresentative of football in general to have right now Zidane as the only manager who have won back to back CL titles post-1990 and this current Real Madrid as the team that has won back to back CL titles post-1990, while at the same time Barcelona between 08 and 12, maybe the best modern side since the collapse of some classical teams, didn't win at least 3 CLs in a row..

Zidane is not a bad coach, but he got extremely lucky to win a CL in 2016 he didn't deserve by miles, when his team was maybe top-8 only in Europe.
Of course he worked things out, he improved his team a lot and last year he deserved 100% LaLiga and possibly CL as well (better than all other teams with a slight asterisk in the case of Bayern, where Real was not clearly better in the tie).
Maybe they are right now the best team in Europe (and the world consequently, because when something stands in Europe that is the case for the world), but we are talking about an one-year team (because you have to exclude the first half year of Zidane where he got extremely lucky to win 1CL, and consequently 2 more titles because of that).
Let's see if they can maintain the same efficiency for another 2-3 years, like Barca did in the past, and then we can say if Zidane deserves a place in the Hall of Fame of managers and this Real Madrid in the best teams ever. I strongly doubt that..

Gnidrologist

Didn't read this thread or anything else after supercopa match and i suspect there's a big meltdown right now, but i will probably say the unpopular thing - overall i liked how we played. Lot better and compact , lot more like the Pep's era. I think there was both a lot of luck for Madrid and also they simply are really fucking good at this point so loosing this tie, especially given that the low gravity of this trophy isn't a big deal imo. Need to give where credit is due - Zidane has made playing and even somewhat exciting team out of RM. I think they play even better without Ronaldo. They have a system unlike in previous years. But i also liked how Barca played even though there were problems with defense (especially) and lack of luck. The fluidity and quick passing, i actually enjoyed our performacne despite the heavy loss. Don't know what this makes of me.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(we lost our first match against shitty Racing under Pep, remember?)

Home of Barca Fans