Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1035

Thread: Spanish SuperCopa: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona (5-1)

  1. #1021
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Still better than everyone else.

    Who do you want to replace him at DM? Paulinho?
    Well, under the circumstances, yes. Busquets needs to take a lessor role now. Gomes is not the answer at any position, Masch is needed mainly on the back line, Rak and S. Roberto do not seem up to the DM position on defense. Yes, give Paulinho a shot at DM. He won't be like vintage Busquets, but all that matters is whether he is better than right now Busquets.

  2. #1022
    SiempreBlaugrana
    KingMessi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    13,271
    Paulinho can't even trap a pass at times. And you want him to play DM? Nah.

    QUE D10S NOS PROTEJA

  3. #1023
    Senior Member
    Hektor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    3,293
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMessi View Post
    Paulinho can't even trap a pass at times. And you want him to play DM? Nah.
    I strongly believe that Paulinho is our salvation. I also believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny

    You have to change your signature, because the N is gone, the S is hurt and the M is all alone and always surrounded by 4 defenders.
    Last edited by Hektor; Yesterday at 04:39 AM.

  4. #1024
    SiempreBlaugrana
    KingMessi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    13,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Hektor View Post
    I strongly believe that Paulinho is our salvation. I also believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Eater Bunny
    But tell me sir, do you believe in our lord and savior, Nicklas Bendtner?

    QUE D10S NOS PROTEJA

  5. #1025
    Senior Member
    Hektor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    3,293
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMessi View Post
    But tell me sir, do you believe in our lord and savior, Nicklas Bendtner?
    I had to look Nicklas Bendtner up. I know nothing about the player. I do not follow the Premier League.

  6. #1026
    SiempreBlaugrana
    KingMessi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    13,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Hektor View Post
    You have to change your signature, because the N is gone, the S is hurt and the M is all alone and always surrounded by 4 defenders.
    I've changed it. It was a damn good signature. Time to move on.

    QUE D10S NOS PROTEJA

  7. #1027
    Senior Member
    Hektor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    3,293
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMessi View Post
    I've changed it. It was a damn good signature. Time to move on.
    I was in heaven with the NMS while it lasted. Damn Bartomeu! €222 mils release clause and Ronaldo is € 1,000 mils? This board is the one that lost Neymar and Dani Alves. They should resign now, before we lose Messi. They are dedicated idiots.

    I usually do not get upset or insult people, but this board is too much; they are trying my patience. They should go to North Korea or maybe Qatar.

  8. #1028
    Senior Member
    Hektor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    3,293
    I'm thinking of good places our present glorious board should move to. I made up my mind. They should move to Siberia, now. Please go!

    I'm done for the day and going to bed to drown my sorrows

  9. #1029
    Triple Treble!!!
    Cule4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Hektor View Post
    I'm thinking of good places our present glorious board should move to. I made up my mind. They should move to Siberia, now. Please go!
    Nah they should go to Belize
    How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love B-Dog

  10. #1030
    New signing
    Petulant Whiner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMessi View Post
    But tell me sir, do you believe in our lord and savior, Nicklas Bendtner?
    Am I crazy for thinking Bedtner will actually contribute to this team from the bench?

    The guy is a serviceable player when he is focused.

    He was a Lord when a lord meant you had to actually have some redeeming qualities that lure people into thinking you are good on occasions.

  11. #1031
    Member
    Science Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    Does still somebody think that zidane's real is winning because of pure luck? They have a system, perfect players, they can keep the ball, they can play on counters, they are best at set-pieces, theirs left back, marcelo is a match winner, ramos also, guys from defence, let alone midfield and attack, probably the most complete team ever, and after 3 cl in 4 years, they dont look like they will slow down.

    And about barca, hard times are ahead, whoever thinks bringing dembele, coutinho, dembele, dybala or pogba will change this is deluded, dont get me wrong, top team need to have top players, but for example now, if barca bring dembele and cou, things will stay the same, we will probably see couple of individual goals from them, like from neymar, but team will not start play great football again


    Edit: changing board is a first step to recovery
    2014: Lost to BVB 2:0 and were extremely lucky to go through even though BVB played with it's second team. Won the final by equalizing in the 93'.

    2016: Lost to Wolfsburg 2:0, beat them 3:0, barely made it through, 0:0 and 1:0 vs City, and won the final on penalties while their goal was offside.

    2017: Beat Bayern 1:2 after Vidal missed a penalty at 1:0. Lost to Bayern 1:2 in the rematch and then the refs took center stage allowing 2 offside goals and a ridiculous red card to Vidal.

    They have taken advantage of the fact that there are no European forces. English teams are in disarray, freakin Leicester won the title last year, Juve are a fools gold and everyone else in Italy sucks, Bayern destroyed BVB and they themselves have aged while not doing a good job with replacements. Not to mention our way past it's prime team.

    It might not be pure luck, but no team ever has had the fortitude of Real in the last 4 years.

  12. #1032
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    9,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Science Kid View Post
    2014: Lost to BVB 2:0 and were extremely lucky to go through even though BVB played with it's second team. Won the final by equalizing in the 93'.

    2016: Lost to Wolfsburg 2:0, beat them 3:0, barely made it through, 0:0 and 1:0 vs City, and won the final on penalties while their goal was offside.

    2017: Beat Bayern 1:2 after Vidal missed a penalty at 1:0. Lost to Bayern 1:2 in the rematch and then the refs took center stage allowing 2 offside goals and a ridiculous red card to Vidal.

    They have taken advantage of the fact that there are no European forces. English teams are in disarray, freakin Leicester won the title last year, Juve are a fools gold and everyone else in Italy sucks, Bayern destroyed BVB and they themselves have aged while not doing a good job with replacements. Not to mention our way past it's prime team.

    It might not be pure luck, but no team ever has had the fortitude of Real in the last 4 years.
    They were lucky to win the CL 3 times in the last 4 years. True. Nothing lucky about them now.

    CL + La Liga is basically confirmation that you are the best team in the world. Madrid are the best team in the world. They weren't in 2014 and 2016. But they are now.

  13. #1033
    Senior Member
    ryuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,357
    We will soon become a second fiddle team if this fiasco continue till 202x
    All Hail Tito - The Destroyer

  14. #1034
    Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    They were lucky to win the CL 3 times in the last 4 years. True. Nothing lucky about them now.

    CL + La Liga is basically confirmation that you are the best team in the world. Madrid are the best team in the world. They weren't in 2014 and 2016. But they are now.
    It's unfair and misrepresentative of football in general to have right now Zidane as the only manager who have won back to back CL titles post-1990 and this current Real Madrid as the team that has won back to back CL titles post-1990, while at the same time Barcelona between 08 and 12, maybe the best modern side since the collapse of some classical teams, didn't win at least 3 CLs in a row..

    Zidane is not a bad coach, but he got extremely lucky to win a CL in 2016 he didn't deserve by miles, when his team was maybe top-8 only in Europe.
    Of course he worked things out, he improved his team a lot and last year he deserved 100% LaLiga and possibly CL as well (better than all other teams with a slight asterisk in the case of Bayern, where Real was not clearly better in the tie).
    Maybe they are right now the best team in Europe (and the world consequently, because when something stands in Europe that is the case for the world), but we are talking about an one-year team (because you have to exclude the first half year of Zidane where he got extremely lucky to win 1CL, and consequently 2 more titles because of that).
    Let's see if they can maintain the same efficiency for another 2-3 years, like Barca did in the past, and then we can say if Zidane deserves a place in the Hall of Fame of managers and this Real Madrid in the best teams ever. I strongly doubt that..
    Xavi's Cups

  15. #1035
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    486
    Didn't read this thread or anything else after supercopa match and i suspect there's a big meltdown right now, but i will probably say the unpopular thing - overall i liked how we played. Lot better and compact , lot more like the Pep's era. I think there was both a lot of luck for Madrid and also they simply are really fucking good at this point so loosing this tie, especially given that the low gravity of this trophy isn't a big deal imo. Need to give where credit is due - Zidane has made playing and even somewhat exciting team out of RM. I think they play even better without Ronaldo. They have a system unlike in previous years. But i also liked how Barca played even though there were problems with defense (especially) and lack of luck. The fluidity and quick passing, i actually enjoyed our performacne despite the heavy loss. Don't know what this makes of me.\_(ツ)_/
    (we lost our first match against shitty Racing under Pep, remember?)