User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CL | Round 6: FC Barcelona - Sporting Lisabon 2-0

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CL | Round 6: FC Barcelona - Sporting Lisabon 2-0

Champions League group stage Round 6

-

Tuesday, December 5, 20:45

--------

As Barca already secured the first place in the group we are bound to see some B players here. Alena, Arnaiz will finally be tested as those matches vs. Murcia weren't much of a challenge.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always had my doubts about Valverde, but if he doesn't start either one of Arnaiz or Alena he's officially a fraud in my mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henias View Post
    Is it me or is every new game and thread discussion just seems useless and boring now bcos I know for a fact who is Valverde going to play again? To be honest, his tactics have been getting draws and close wins for most parts but we never did seem convincingly dominant for once. It's got to a point where we seem to just pray for a win or Messi dong something. In so many years of watching Barca, I'm hardly expectant of anything anymore.
    Yup, Valverde will run this team into the ground and it will result in a major collapse in the 2nd half of the season just like in 2015/16 when we had a small squad due to the transfer ban.

People complained about Lucho's rotations, but I'd much rather have a coach that over rotates than one that doesn't rotate at all. Not to mention our squad is old as dirt, most of our players can't play 2 times a week regularly, still stay fit and keep performing at a high level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it me or is every new game and thread discussion just seems useless and boring now bcos I know for a fact who is Valverde going to play again? To be honest, his tactics have been getting draws and close wins for most parts but we never did seem convincingly dominant for once. It's got to a point where we seem to just pray for a win or Messi doing something. In so many years of watching Barca, I'm hardly expectant of anything anymore.
    Last edited by henias; 4th December 2017 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ousmane Dembélé View Post
    Yup, Valverde will run this team into the ground and it will result in a major collapse in the 2nd half of the season just like in 2015/16 when we had a small squad due to the transfer ban.

People complained about Lucho's rotations, but I'd much rather have a coach that over rotates than one that doesn't rotate at all. Not to mention our squad is old as dirt, most of our players can't play 2 times a week regularly, still stay fit and keep performing at a high level.
    I still prefer Lucho. Lucho had suffered a terrible squad depth which isn't his fault to be honest, just when u thought the new season has new additions to strengthen the team Valverde actually made us experience Deja Vu and we are back to square one and are actually defending and playing cautious against the likes of Celta Vigo at home...

I dont care so much abt results at the start tbh, resting ur players is key and so is allowing more minutes for potential players on our squad while we wait for the winter transfer bcos there is always a risk where we are unable to get the players we want or the signing proves to be terrible again. We cannot always rely on the same players.

Anyway I just hope he could at least rest key players against Sporting and just experiment different players. If not we would be burnt out by late season, no doubt about it.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The squad depth or quality was Lucho's fault as he requested and got most of his signings.
    Just get a better midfield

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Costas needs to start in this game. With Masche and Sam injured, Pique getting cards/making stupid decisions and Vermaelen's injury record, he needs to start in a less important game, before being thrown into an important Liga match.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ---------------Jasper
    Semedo--Vermaelen--Digne--Cucu
    ---------------Oriol
    --------Alena-------Denis
    Deulofeu------------------Arnaiz
    ---------------Paco

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    ---------------Jasper
    Semedo--Vermaelen--Digne--Cucu
    ---------------Oriol
    --------Alena-------Denis
    Deulofeu------------------Arnaiz
    ---------------Paco
    I think Messi's gonna start. Remember last year when we won our group with a match to spare and the entire starting XI except Messi was rested against Borussia Monchengladbach?

He should rest, but will pressure Valverde into starting him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arnaiz and Costas can't play in CL.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Which B team players are registered?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    Which B team players are registered?
    Ortola, Palencia, Morer, Cucu, Tarin, Alena, Sarsanedas, O. Busquets, Carles Perez and Abel Ruiz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Another fail by the board.

SiempreBlaugrana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBfan22 View Post
    Another fail by the board.
    You can't register all the B team players.

QUE D10S NOS PROTEJA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMessi View Post
    You can't register all the B team players.
    Fail in the sense of not registering the 2 players from the B team that Valverde thinks are the best to step up into the first.