Our Neymar replacement

Who should substitute Neymar?

• Total voters

Faceless

No more faces at night
Greizmann, Dembele or Mbappe.

and Dembele is probs the most realistic out of any of them. But too bad we can't get him just yet though..

Zincubus

Banned
This should be multi selection seeing we are getting £220 million to add to our cash war chest .

Coutinho AND Dybala for me .

Plus re - sign Ibra for free and get his last two years , he'd bring all that experience and he'd be great as a substitute in the 60th minute ..

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I thought about this and now I think we all should really lower down our expectations.

Why?

The situation the clubs of our supposed targets are in. I'm not even going to bother thinking about Paulinho and Di Maria as they're simply donkeys and would be bad business for any top club in the World right now.

Let's start with Griezmann.

Griezmann was on his way out already earlier this summer. Close to a Man Utd move, but in the end he chose to stay for a salary increase due to Atletico's situation. Their transfer ban until January 2018.

He got a 100m buyout, and you can never say never, however, I seriously doubt Griezmann will backstab Atletico right now after committing to stay with them another season. Next year he'll have top teams throwing money at him again, and while I think he'll definitely prefer to stay in the climate he is rather than opting for rain and grey weather, I don't think it's realistic right now. He seem to be a genuine guy who wouldn't do a Cuntmar at this moment.

Next it's Dybala

I have doubts about where he would play, but let's disregard that for now.

Juventus have been in two CL finals in three years. That's very strong, although they've come up short both times. Their management and board have promised their fans they will improve their team, which is why they rejected some crazy bids for Alex Sandro.

Dybala just recently said he would consider an offer if Juventus are okay with it, and while 140m might sound enticing, they have sold Vidal, Pogba and now Bonucci in three consecutive summers, and are under a lot of pressure from their own fans and press. They want them to improve and go for that CL title, be an actual big team rather than losing key players all the time.

Being under so much pressure from their own, having a player who is okay with staying, and not needing money, it doesn't sound realistic this either.

Coutinho

This is more about Klopp being hell bent on keeping him. He's tried to sign his two targets, seemingly his only targets, the entire summer. Virgil van Dijk and Naby Keita. The latter is definitely staying at RB Leipzig, while the former may still come late in the window, although for an exorbitant price.

Losing Coutinho might be the end of Klopp at Liverpool. He might threaten to resign and Liverpool might not get a better replacement. Right now, players would want to join Liverpool partly because of Klopp. Without him, or a manager with a good reputation like him, Liverpool might fade away in obscurity again.

They too, don't need the money. They want to become proper PL and CL contenders again. Especially when it comes to the league which they are desperate to win. They might sell Coutinho, but next year rather than now.

The problem with all these players comes down to one thing in the end.

Time.

We're essentially in August with these teams being a couple of weeks away from their season kicking off.

No ambitious team would sell a key player this late in the window when there is very little chance of them being able to sign a competent replacement. No chance.

What's the use of money for these teams when they don't need it, and cannot use it to cover their losses?

Neycunt and Rat Sr. are fucking us over big time.

The only realistic targets are players who play in teams that might be okay with selling them because of having some players to slot into their role. BVB arguably have that in Emre Mor and Pulisic if Dembele leaves, although it would take an enticing offer for them to consider it.

Monaco have a great relationship with Mbappe and might be willing to let him go right now if he asks for it. The only reason he hasn't moved to PSG or Real Madrid yet seem to come down to PSG not going to allow him to leave in three years, and it was reported by Le Parisien that Mbappe want to play for either Barca or Real Madrid by the time he turns 21.

And Real Madrid not being able to give him a starting spot unless they sell away a member of BBC.

Barca would be able to offer him a starting role right now, but the issue remains over his fee. Media frenzy suggest it'll be over 150m, however there's little to suggest Madrid and City ever made an offer to Monaco after they warned clubs of doing so.

Our three targets right now seem very difficult to pull off due to the situation their clubs are in, and with the little time we and they have, and the players we might be able to sign, could cost a lot, and might not even be in our sights.

It's funny how we could have had Bernardo Silva who's similar to Coutinho, at a price of 50m earlier this summer, but this club, management, board were obviously too obsessed with Verratti, and star names. Some of us fans probably fell into the trap too of believing it could happen, when it actually never was possible.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I wouldn't mind Dybala overall; he's fairly polished, young and is Messi's heir to Argentina. Makes a lot of sense. My ehh about him on the left tho is due to him being left footed, same with Dembele, and it won't be easy for them to finish and cut in on the left. However, Messi has been central and it looks like the false 9 with him again. So a front three of Luis-Messi-Dybala wouldn't be bad at all. Sorta like Pep's but with Suarez in Villa/Henry's role.

He's too young now but honestly, we should keep an eye on Justin Kluivert tho to be our long-term LW. I fancy him to be a world beater in about 2-3 years.

Also, I see absolutely no reason in getting Coutinho if Neymar leaves. He's a great player but we need either a Verratti or Thiago more. He's too expensive and we could get a couple players for him. It would only make sense for both him and Paulinho if Neymar stays. Otherwise, we should move on.

Last edited:

Sorin

Mbappe and Coutinho this year. Dembele next year.

We need a scorer on that left flank to run behind the defences into Messi's passes. Mbappe fits the bill. Eventually he'll take Suarez's place in 2 or 3 years.

Coutinho for the Iniesta role. Can't think of someone else with similar attributes. Ok, there's Isco but that's not happening.

Dembele for that width on the right but that's next year.

Antimadridista1

I choose Dembele because it is the most realistic one but the truth is that Hazard is the best (and most impossible) replacement out there.

Richard.H

This should be multi selection seeing we are getting £220 million to add to our cash war chest .

Coutinho AND Dybala for me .

Plus re - sign Ibra for free and get his last two years , he'd bring all that experience and he'd be great as a substitute in the 60th minute ..

FIFA-17-600213.jpg

ManusXavi

Andrija Zivkovic (Serbia)
Club Benfica
Position: Winger
Release Clause: 52.5 Million pounds
I watched Andrija play for the U-20 World Cup winners Serbia. A small nippy speedy fella.
He was a standout player along with Andre Silva (Portugal) who has just been signed by AC Milan for 34 Million Euros

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Andrija Zivkovic (Serbia)
Club Benfica
Position: Winger
Release Clause: 52.5 Million pounds
I watched Andrija play for the U-20 World Cup winners Serbia. A small nippy speedy fella.
He was a standout player along with Andre Silva (Portugal) who has just been signed by AC Milan for 34 Million Euros

Isn't he left-footed? And also primarily playing on the right wing.

Home of Barca Fans