Jorge Cuenca

messi1995

Born in Madrid, Cuenca joined AD Alcorcón's youth setup in 2015. He made his senior debut with the reserves on 12 February 2017, starting in a 1–0 Tercera División home win against FC Villanueva del Pardillo.

Cuenca played his first professional match on 10 March 2017, starting in a 0–0 away draw against Elche CF for the Segunda División championship. At the age of 17 years and 114 days, he became the youngest player to debut for the club.

Is he good? Hopefully he will be better than Vallejo.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just turned 18.

img_ppunti_20171116-113940_imagenes_md_propias_ppunti_171116barb202-kidF-U43293148025368-980x554@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

MD is hailing him as revelation of the B team.
Even mentioning him as an option for first team.

Messi983

And we also stole him away from RM where his brother is playing. Would be great if he'd make it to the first team.

ldsix

[tw]972159511887863809[/tw]

Cuenca looked very good. I dare to say he could be first team material.

Messi983

Unlucky today for U19 against France. He hit a post and then two minutes later scored an own goal right when Spain was leading 0-1 and totally dominating.

After that own goal they have fallen apart and France is now up 3-1.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Unlucky today for U19 against France. He hit a post and then two minutes later scored an own goal right when Spain was leading 0-1 and totally dominating.

After that own goal they have fallen apart and France is now up 3-1.

Ugh. Stuff like that can put a big dent to someone's progress. Hope he takes it in the chin.

tacticvarium

While Cuenca sits on the bench most of the time for our B team in Segunda, Matthijs de Ligt who is the same age as him starts shining on the international stage.
It's sad but I guess that's the difference between world-class potential and a player who might end up like Sergi Gómez.
Hope the B team remains in Segunda and Cuenca becomes a starter at least.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

What do you think of him after a season?

Read that club counted on him.

I think he should be our 4th CB next season, if we indeed want to sell Vermaelen and loan Mina. With the minutes that Mascherano and Mina got during this season, he shouldn't exceed the 5 games for the 1st team in La Liga limit. Unless we are fucked by injuries.

Joan

I think he should be our 4th CB next season, if we indeed want to sell Vermaelen and loan Mina. With the minutes that Mascherano and Mina got during this season, he shouldn't exceed the 5 games for the 1st team in La Liga limit. Unless we are fucked by injuries.
I think Mina won't be here next season. So, we'd have:
Pique (right footed)
Umtiti (left footed)
Vermaelen (left) ?
Lenglet (left) ?
Cuenca (left) ?

Too many questions. If he could play on the right...

I like what I've seen so far from him. Need more time to learn more about his game, his positioning. Doesn't seem the fastest lad around but quick enough, physically solid and great on the ball. I'd say he might make it.

Jallo

I think Mina won't be here next season. So, we'd have:
Pique (right footed)
Umtiti (left footed)
Vermaelen (left) ?
Lenglet (left) ?
Cuenca (left) ?

Too many questions. If he could play on the right...

I like what I've seen so far from him. Need more time to learn more about his game, his positioning. Doesn't seem the fastest lad around but quick enough, physically solid and great on the ball. I'd say he might make it.
I don’t know about physically strong, every time I watch him he looks like Bartra with the defensive errors. Physically is pretty weak, I am hoping he can bulk up during the summer.

Joan

I don’t know about physically strong, every time I watch him he looks like Bartra with the defensive errors. Physically is pretty weak, I am hoping he can bulk up during the summer.

Might be true. I was referring to his decent height. Nearly 190 cms.

I probably need to see more of him.

Home of Barca Fans