Barca pre-season 2017/2018

FinBarcelonafan

D.Suarez is looking better this season(based on all friendly games). It seems like he has more confidence.

Messi was amazing yesterday as usual. He could have had couple more goals, couple more assists quite easily. At least Suarez got that one goal to get some pressure off, he is getting chances, but poor finishing.

I've been very impressed by Cillessen. Could he actually challenge Steigen for the #1 spot? It's not bad problem to have. I know we got into trouble last time with Steigen and Bravo, but you need competition in team, If you don't have any, something like Arda Turan will happen. It's good to have someone pushing you to train harder to keep your spot. Not everyone is like Messi/Suarez who have that inner drive to compete every game and season.

Deulofeu gave good performance, but most of the time just passing to Messi is the good play and that's what he was doing. As long as he keeps his game simple and don't think too much of his abilities, I think he will do better. At least with Barcelona he has to look up to guys like Messi/Suarez/Busquets/Iniesta/Pique etc. so it's unlikely he becomes too cocky, which is good.

We played pretty good defense or Brazilian team was just weak. Goalkeepers had pretty much nothing to do. Not much to say about our defenders. Vidal was OKAY, nothing special from him.

Rakitic looks better this season IMO. I think he has started the friendly games very well. Maybe he is bouncing back a little? Could be key to our midfield..

We still need more quality to midfield though, especially someone who can create things. We will rely on Messi to create everything, BUT I have to admit we looked more like a team than last 2 years! Even Busquets took a shot from 25m and scored goal! Neymar leaving is putting more pressure on others to show up and produce something, which is good.

Last edited:
Few questions:
-Why didnt Gomes and Arda play? Could that mean they are living? Or are they injured like Vermealen and Rafinha?
-samper, marlon, alena all have numbers higher than 25. Could that mean that they will all operate between B and first team? As far as i know first team members can only have numbers from 1-25.

raki

Few questions:
-Why didnt Gomes and Arda play? Could that mean they are living? Or are they injured like Vermealen and Rafinha?
-samper, marlon, alena all have numbers higher than 25. Could that mean that they will all operate between B and first team? As far as i know first team members can only have numbers from 1-25.

Gomes injured. Valverde does not count Arda.
He was lazy in pre season. Not admissable.

Wick

If you live in Barcelona and can attend games you are by definition not bandwagon.

So how does the size of the crowd have any indication of that?

You can still be bandwagon if you live in Barcelona. Location has nothing to do with it. If you show up when we're winning but stays home when we're losing you're a bangwagoner.

Home of Barca Fans