African Football

khaled_a_d

I am rooting for Morocco but I can't say I've much faith in them in making it, Arab teams has this habit of chocking the big opportunities tbf
There could be 3 teams qualifying after the end of tomorrow, big couple of days ahead of us

Total-Football

we 3 0 ed aubameyang and co and now we have a "barrage" against ivory coast in the final game away.. a draw means morocco in the world cup, a win is their only salvation. i think we are more deserving being the only team in the world "probably?!" who has not conceded a goal in the eliminatories.

khaled_a_d

Good day for the Northern Africans, Morocco and Tunisia with great wins and only need a point from last game, Tunisia is 95% there and Morocco seem to have a good chance now
Ghana and Uganda with 0-0 was perfect for Egypt, a win tomorrow against one of the worst teams in Africa, playing in our home against a crazy crowd and we are in the world cup for first time since 1990 (and first time ever not in Italy)
Nigeria with a deserved qualification too

Total-Football

I have zero doubt in egypt doing well in the world cup, as well as nigeria and morocco (provided we get there).

But tunisia, as usual, are going to participate there and nothing more.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I have zero doubt in egypt doing well in the world cup, as well as nigeria and morocco (provided we get there).

But tunisia, as usual, are going to participate there and nothing more.

I see that Morocco-Tunisia rivalry is strong.

Have a friend who's Tunisian who I always call for Moroccan which triggers him.

khaled_a_d

Morocco,Nigeria & Senegal are probably the most entertaining teams in Africa, Ivory Cost has never done anything worth noting in WC, I hope to see all three teams going through
Egypt could be a surprise, but we could also suffer from humiliation, provided we didn't defeat ourselves in next 2 games

Total-Football

I see that Morocco-Tunisia rivalry is strong.

Have a friend who's Tunisian who I always call for Moroccan which triggers him.

there is (both national team and club Wise). but i was speaking objectively they played multiple world cups and have done nothing Worth remembering. by nothing i don't even mean advancing to Knock out stages just good wins etc.. the words tunisia and world cup bring 1 thing to my memory and that is the paul schooles strike in 98 lol By maybe . Anyway it's true, it's far fetched because there is an end to every curse.

Total-Football

Morocco,Nigeria & Senegal are probably the most entertaining teams in Africa, Ivory Cost has never done anything worth noting in WC, I hope to see all three teams going through
Egypt could be a surprise, but we could also suffer from humiliation, provided we didn't defeat ourselves in next 2 games

many good players in the egyptian national teams .. I believe they are going to be the algeria of 2018. Egypt plays with passion, won many african cups with sheer passion and determination versus teams with world class players (let's not forget that the whole national team used to be a hybrid of al ahly-zamalek and almost no players from europe). Now that they have class players i think they are going to do great. the match tomorrow is just Entertainment.

khaled_a_d

many good players in the egyptian national teams .. I believe they are going to be the algeria of 2018. Egypt plays with passion, won many african cups with sheer passion and determination versus teams with world class players (let's not forget that the whole national team used to be a hybrid of al ahly-zamalek and almost no players from europe). Now that they have class players i think they are going to do great.

The team doesn't have too many class players as you think
Salah is great and you may consider Nenny class, but what else? Ramadan, Kahraba and Trezeguet are all natural LW, we can only use one or maximum two
Elnenny is good player for Arsenal, but for NT he is far behing the likes of Hosni, A.Hassan & H.Ramzi who occupied that position for two decades and are all time great in that position in both ACN and Egypt
Many here actually agree that it is a bad generation but benefited a lot from the fact that they were forced to go to Europe early with financial crisis, they have an experience that no other generation had, and a class player like Salah but in terms of overall talent we aren't that good.

the match tomorrow is just Entertainment.

On paper that is true, but I am 30 years old guy who has never seen our NT in the WC (wasn't even 3 during last one) for various reasons and in various ways.
History just say too much about our chances, although on pitch everything look like we should take a well deserved qualification this time

khaled_a_d

We did it, we did it, can't believe it :w000t::w000t:
We were that close from a draw against the worst team in the group, but they gifted us a late penalty (stupid tackle) in last minute to make it.
Salah you are freaking legend. Should at least finish top 2 in African player of the year. :worthy:

congrats dj khaled ! you da best :lol:

Thanks man, hope you join us next month

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
...Salah you are freaking legend. Should at least finish top 2 in African player of the year. :worthy:

Yeah, why not? Auba, Mané and Salah are the three biggest names from Africa right now I guess. Kalidou Koulibaly, Aboubakar and some stars from The Ivory Coast come to mind too but they would be behind in my ranking.

Edit: Okay, I totally forgot guys like Keita, Ghoulam, Moses etc.

Last edited:

Messi983

We did it, we did it, can't believe it :w000t::w000t:
We were that close from a draw against the worst team in the group, but they gifted us a late penalty (stupid tackle) in last minute to make it.
Salah you are freaking legend. Should at least finish top 2 in African player of the year. :worthy:

Congrats. :)

khaled_a_d

What happened with Cameroon NT... They used to be a remarkable force in African football.

Still a force, just won African cup earlier this year over Egypt
But it was tough group, we are talking about 3 teams who qualified to 2014 WC in same group, 2 of them were the only African team that qualified to second round, also two of the teams in the group won the African cup in the last 3 tournaments (before the draw)
If Cameroon was in another group they would have a much better chance to make it

Congrats. :)

Thanks mate

Home of Barca Fans