La Liga 2017/18

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

raskolnikov

If we will end up with 90+ points that means Real can only drop 12 points from the next 26 matches. If for example they win 21 of those, draw 3, lose 2 they will end up at 90 points.
We on the other hand can drop 21 points and still end up at 91 points.
If for example we win 18, get atleast 3 draws out of 8 matches and we would still end up over Real.

If you look at our fixtures (13 home, 13 away) we should take 7/13 for sure, with the potential tough ones being Valencia, villarreal, Sociedad, Atletico, bilbao and Madrid. I think its likely we would win 3 of those 6.
Regarding away games its tougher of course. We face 6 out of the current top 8 on the road. Of the other 7 there are malaga, Espanyol, las palmas (weaker this season) and celta.

Stoichkov1

I'm not worried about defeats, I'm worried that we can get too many draws and lose the title. We look like a typical defensive team that can't create jack shit even against mid-table squads and doesn't concede goals. I think we'll draw 0-0 at Mestalla and Anoeta, hopefully against Madrid too, even if I can see us losing at the Bernabeu, and we'll win against Villareal.

Horatio

You're welcome
We haven't lost for 17 consecutive games now. Only 2 of those ended up in a draw. Let that sink in...

Horatio

You're welcome
I'm not worried about defeats, I'm worried that we can get too many draws and lose the title. We look like a typical defensive team that can't create jack shit even against mid-table squads and doesn't concede goals. I think we'll draw 0-0 at Mestalla and Anoeta, hopefully against Madrid too, even if I can see us losing at the Bernabeu, and we'll win against Villareal.

We have the most number of ahead goals though...

We have also scored in every league game so far.

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
It is not luck. Our game might not be eye pleasing but he have been good enough to beat almost every opponent so far. Against Leganes it was an even game but our finishing was better so came out on top. Barca is better than their opponents, that is why we win games.

Alik

It is not luck. Our game might not be eye pleasing but he have been good enough to beat almost every opponent so far. Against Leganes it was an even game but our finishing was better so came out on top. Barca is better than their opponents, that is why we win games.

We scored rebounds. Not really much better finishing.

Windhook

I'm convinced Valverde is up to something. No bullshit football from this guy so far. Remember the away games against Malaga and PSG last season? Once we lost the ball in midfield it was over, we played too high defensive line. Clinical finishing and bye bye Lucho.

Messi983

Eibar with 5-0 win over Betis, their first win in more than 2 months and they've scored just a goal less in one game than they did in previous 11 games together.

Betis level has dropped significantly over the last month, they've also conceded 25 goals already, tied for second worst in the league.

Messi983

That's a problem for both teams from Sevilla. I guess their passionate fans are really giving a lift to their teams in home games.

But Betis has won their only away game so far at Bernabeu so they can play away too, they are just not consistent and of course you can't always play to outscore the opponent so they'll need to improve defense if they want to challenge for top 6 spot. At least that was their goal before the season though I don't believe their squad is among the best 6 in the league but differences between midtable clus are small so with some teams expected to challenge for European spots struggling (especially Bilbao but also Celta) and others (Villarreal, Sociedad, Sevilla) having busy schedules playing in Europe this season that could be a chance for Betis.

raskolnikov

Real struggling big time vs Malaga. Sure 3 points are 3 points but if they keep it up like this they will drop more points in their next 5 fixtures. Athletic (a), sevilla (h), barca (h), celta (a), Villarreal (h). Its a determining period in their la liga campaign.

Home of Barca Fans