La Liga 2017/18

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

Horatio

You're welcome
Real Madrid still has many promising young players. One bad season (which hasn't even finished since they are still in three competitions) and their future is in ruins all of sudden?

Was just about to respond what Jamdav said. Nobody can guarantee what their future holds. But it's just funny how the perception of the well being of the club Barcelona and Real have completely flipped over the span of a couple of months. Barca was getting trash-talked to the ground and Real praised into the heavens. Now look where we stand.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Was just about to respond what Jamdav said. Nobody can guarantee what their future holds. But it's just funny how the perception of the well being of the club Barcelona and Real have completely flipped over the span of a couple of months.

Indeed, everybody thought we were finished last summer. It goes to show first, there is no such thing as certainty in football and second, people, football fans in particular are very fickle.

RMU ReBorn

It's our best chance to break the Anoeta Jinx's in La Liga . Last season Eusebio schooled Lucho tactically . we were lucky to get out with a draw .

Trickykid

Indeed, everybody thought we were finished last summer. It goes to show first, there is no such thing as certainty in football and second, people, football fans in particular are very fickle.

Nah, some were actually fairly rational about it, and then we had the large doom and gloom brigade who's moaning was completely ridiculous. I bet you remember BBZ's rant after the second (as far as I recall) friendly of the season, right?

vlad

You're right in that we need a CL trophy soon with so much money being spent, but with the way this season started and the way things were seemingly going for us a Liga trophy is more than good enough for this year. Next year is the year I expect us to win the CL or at least come close.

Zidane got Madrid motivated again, but how much of his own tactics contributed to their CL wins? I'd say more luck + individual brilliance got them further than Zidane's tactics did.

Also not being able to get Madrid motivated isn't a good excuse for being 16 points behind in the table, that excuse only works to a certain extent.

Zidane just isn't a great manager, all credit to him for winning the trophies he did with Madrid while they were motivated and on form, but when things stopped clicking he had no answer. A good manager finds a way to overcome these things or at least minimize their impact to a certain extent.

I agree, heisnt great manager, but real had great managers before him who didnt win what he did with the team, and in top club instant success is priority, and zidane did just that and will be remembered as a one of the greatest coaches in real history, coach that won CL 2 times in a row, and in the end, he was perfect guy for madrid, but he will probably get fired soon, as any other coach before him.

RMU ReBorn

I agree, heisnt great manager, but real had great managers before him who didnt win what he did with the team, and in top club instant success is priority, and zidane did just that and will be remembered as a one of the greatest coaches in real history, coach that won CL 2 times in a row, and in the end, he was perfect guy for madrid, but he will probably get fired soon, as any other coach before him.
Which previous manager had the privilege of facing Roma , Wolfsburg and an underwhelming Man city . Zidane had devils luck right from his first season. Moment were we fucked up classico they gained the momentum and the impetus to win the Cl , all thanks to Lucho for bringing in Turan and fucking up the second half . struggled against 8th ranked Chinese club in Cwc. Again referring error helped them in the final . Ramos saved Zidane's ass again in Uefa cup final against sevilla . comming to second season , Real had to face the worst Barcelona side in the past 15 years with a clueless midfield . Still they didn't won either of the classico's and ended up winning the league by 3 points. (Not to forget Refereeing error fecked up Barca's 10 clear cut points which would have made the difference) . won cl by offside goals against Bayern. Vidal wrongly send off and casemiro getting away without a red in Munich . After that they got to face their official bitchs Atletico in Sf .

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Griezmann got subbed off in the 76th minute, from what I have seen in the second half he was very meh. But then again, Atletico as a whole hasn't been that great in the second half.

Neeraj

It's really unfortunate that the traditionally strong Spanish teams are weak this season. Else, the fight for fourth spot would have been golden to see, as a Barca supporter. Watching Madrid squirm to finish in CL...aah :harp:

Home of Barca Fans