La Liga 2017/18

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

barcafan161

Madrid playing like shit doesn't make us good all of a sudden. We're really grinding out results here with a squad as thin as paper. This team is nothing to write home about.

We still have the best points at this stage as anybody in Europe with Man City..that includes winning every game in the CL.

if this team isn't good enough who is to win the CL?

We still have the best points at this stage as anybody in Europe with Man City..that includes winning every game in the CL.

if this team isn't good enough who is to win the CL?

I'm just as happy as you or any other fan out there that we're getting results, but our squad is massively over performing right now and is getting all the breaks and bounces going their way right now. I am confident we can win the league as long as we can stay defensively sound and Messi continues to perform; this team is still good enough to win in La Liga on most nights, but the CL is a whole different ball game altogether. Pit this squad against Europe's elites and we will crumble, the midfield is not remotely good enough and if Messi gets marked out of the game like he usually is in big CL matches we don't have any other reliable attacking threat. Dembele is still very raw and unproven for us.

Winning consistently against mid-tier to bottom feeders will win you the league, which I am fully confident we can do.

To win the CL however, you must be able to beat the best of the best in a knockout format, which I think we have no chance in.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We squandered something like a 10 point-lead two seasons ago and barely won the league by just 1 point, right?

Neeraj

8 points this early on is actually not something that works in our favor. Leaves plenty of time for us to mess up, and Madrid to turn things around. I can see Madrid going on a winning streak sooner or later, and we will have our dip as well. We are in a good position, but league is still wide open.

Trickykid

8 points this early on is actually not something that works in our favor. Leaves plenty of time for us to mess up, and Madrid to turn things around. I can see Madrid going on a winning streak sooner or later, and we will have our dip as well. We are in a good position, but league is still wide open.

Yeah, if only it was us trailing Los Merengues by 8... Alas, we're in this dire situation now, so we just have to make the best of it :(

Neeraj

Yeah, if only it was us trailing Los Merengues by 8... Alas, we're in this dire situation now, so we just have to make the best of it :(

Obviously I was talking about having a lead this early on versus having this lead much later on in the season; but I often forget there are idiots on the forum who don't understand much. My mistake.

Trickykid

Obviously I was talking about having a lead this early on versus having this lead much later on in the season; but I often forget there are idiots on the forum who don't understand much. My mistake.

Oh piss off you utter fuckwit. :lol:
Leading by 8 at any point of the season is fucking fantastic no matter how you spin it.

Neeraj

Oh piss off you utter fuckwit. :lol:
Leading by 8 at any point of the season is fucking fantastic no matter how you spin it.

You thick-skulled retard, the point isn't that an 8 point lead is bad, it's that it's not the title yet, because an early lead gives more time for things to change.

It's a relatively simple point, but it's clear from your post that you are incapable of understanding things. Quote this post and spew your bullshit all you want, I'm not interested in conversing with morons like you.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
8 points lead is great since it gives us a chance even if we end up collapsing later.

Neeraj

Yeah, a lot of liga teams over the past few years haven't been able to sustain their performance over a season; the squad depth hurts them. Villareal, Sevilla, Bilbao..have all tailed off quite suddenly in the second half of recent seasons.

Home of Barca Fans