La Liga 2017/18

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
2 La Liga titles in 9 years and they'd lead us to believe that they're the best team of all-time, LMAO! UCL doesn't mean shit if you don't win the league along with it, otherwise they have no right to be calling themselves the best team in the world. LMAO!

The only remarkable thing they've done is win the champions league, but apart from that there's been no dominance. No comparison to what we've accomplished. Last season was a good one sure, but they'd have to continue like that winning several more la liga titles add some copa del rey too, win the Clasicos get all those accolades in. I don't see it happening.

Madrid have given us a huge gift by dropping so many points so early. We need to take advantage of it. They're no longer in control of whether or not they win the league, which is a good thing.

Their form will pick back up soon enough. I'd still say their squad is the best in the world on paper. Also don't expect them to do this badly in the CL; form tends to go out the window in big games.

Think the points they dropped against Levante and Betis will bite them in the ass though. Like our loss against Alaves last season. These home games are supposed to be an easy 3 points every time. They're points you can't afford to drop.

Last edited:

xXKonan

The game vs Betis would be one of those games where Zidane would sub in Morata and he would score some jammy ass goal that would win them the game if Ramos couldn't get the chance to score a set piece header.

But Morata being sold this summer Zidane lost a valuable sub off the bench.

FinBarcelonafan

The game vs Betis would be one of those games where Zidane would sub in Morata and he would score some jammy ass goal that would win them the game if Ramos couldn't get the chance to score a set piece header.

This seems to be the difference this season. We might actually have better bench than them. At least so far we got contribution from bench players, D. Suarez, Paulinho.. Of course very small sample size, but that's what we have needed for a long time!! Last year they had amazing bench, Morata, James etc.

Although without Dembele our roster is quite thin, though.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Paulinho is winning us matches and RM are dropping points at home, oh man, this season is weird.

Real Betis now have 9 points and are higher in the table than RM :lol:

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
First time Real Madrid have lost a match at home against someone other than Barcelona or Atleti in over ten years.
False. I remember they lost to Gijon 1-0 at home in Mourinho 's first season as it broke his home winning streak as a manager.

vinni

Good morning!

I never thought i would wake up to this result :)

I hope it continues like this. It would be nice to have a buffer between Real Madrid while we get our new players up to speed. I felt that was a big problem the last season. We where allways under pressure. It makes it hard to play new players when you allways need to grab points. At the same time that might be a sure way to blow our lead... It cant be easy managing these teams.

Anyway, I cant wait to the next Barca game :barcaflag:

Messi983

[tw]910624880839860225[/tw]

:lol:

Liga title? They won one liga title. What treble? Thrashing us every Clasico? Wtf are you talking about.

I think you need this... :)

70a47a2b99292f505955c7ff56ddd98c--sarcasm-detector-random-facts.jpg

False. I remember they lost to Gijon 1-0 at home in Mourinho 's first season as it broke his home winning streak as a manager.

True, but few weeks later (still in April 2011) they also lost 2-3 against Zaragoza. That was their last home league loss against a team other than Barça or AM. It was the same day that we traditionally lost our game at Anoeta.:)

El Flaco

To be fair, it's not really a guarantee that Morata would've made the difference last night.

I mean, people used to say that Cristiano would've scored vs Valencia & Levante because Cristiano "doesn't miss chances" unlike Benzema & Bale.

Well, the Portuguese himself fucked up a great chance and took useless shots from many hard angles.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Remember Catalan press mocking when we also ran away early in 2015/2016 and then barely salvaged the lead. Need to stay focused as tough matches are yet to come and we are without Dembele and have no use of number of players in the squad (Turan, Gomes, Paco..) and playing with broken midfield and only Messi scoring.

I am very happy with this unexpected turn of events but we learned many times you can't judge a season in winter nevermind September.

Messi983

Reading Betis forum now and their fans are talking the only player who didn't touch the ball in action leading to their goal was Ceballos. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans