La Liga 2017/18

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

FCBfan22

Where are the people who were celebrating the league? I said that Atletico is dangerous.

Must win game on Sunday.

FCBfan22

I bet that yesterday wasn't the last time we saw Lawhorez refereeing Barca this season. Watch Tebas & the other clowns appoint him to 2 of the remaining 12 gamesof Barca, with Asshole Asshole taking another two of those.

Morten

Good, but i think people are forgetting that many of the decisions on the pitch are open to interpretation, not always directly wrong or correct.
It will be good for calling offsides, but looking at, say, a penalty foul in replay often leaves you none the wiser.

serghei

Good, but i think people are forgetting that many of the decisions on the pitch are open to interpretation, not always directly wrong or correct.
It will be good for calling offsides, but looking at, say, a penalty foul in replay often leaves you none the wiser.

Can't hurt. Most of the wrong decisions taken are clearly wrong. Few decisions are 50-50 stuff. I mean, it's clearly not a penalty vs Las Palmas, and it's clearly a hand ball for that keeper (yellow or red can be debated). VAR would've helped a lot to at least fix some decisions, even if for some it doesn't help that much.

Morten

Can't hurt. Most of the wrong decisions taken are clearly wrong. Few decisions are 50-50 stuff. I mean, it's clearly not a penalty vs Las Palmas, and it's clearly a hand ball for that keeper (yellow or red can be debated). VAR would've helped a lot to at least fix some decisions, even if for some it doesn't help that much.

Actually, many decisions are 50-50 stuff, or at least questionable.
But yes, it wont hurt getting calls that are clearly wrong correct.

serghei

Actually, many decisions are 50-50 stuff, or at least questionable.
But yes, it wont hurt getting calls that are clearly wrong correct.

Don't think that, most are pretty clear imo, and most down to refs not seeing the play clearly (don't want to think about conspiracies). For instance, all big decisions that went against us this season are clear. Goal vs Valencia, goal vs Celta, penalty and 2nd yellow for Gabi vs Atletico, not a penalty vs Las Palmas and freekick and yellow at least for the keeper.

Cule4life

The Culest
I'm shocked that VAR is coming with that cunt Tebas at the helm. But if any league needs VAR its La liga. One of the worst refereeing among the top leagues.

El Gato

Villarato!
VAR in itself is nothing but a tool. Operators aren't that great in La Liga, but then there are some rotten apples in other leagues too. I think fundamentally there are protocol issues in La Liga, which will not be resolved by VAR implementation. Basically I fear VAR to be used much more like it was in Spurs-Rochdale game a few days ago where the ref checked his earpiece to see if the goal was legal EVERY. TIME. Ridiculous.
La Liga referees should probably be far more leaning to do justice and check things too many times than necessary just because of the amount of scrutiny they are under. Spaniards won't take well to that.

RFEF really needs to meet with representatives from other leagues to change their ref training. I don't watch that much Bundesliga or Serie A, but you don't hear of too many problems resulting from VAR, or refereeing in general. But then again I don't pay that much attention to these leagues.

Basically I have zero trust in VAR to improve the league next season. If anything it'll be a test of patience for the viewers. It'll be useful for offsides and so, but fouls will still be super contentious and interruptions to the flow of the game will infuriate the masses initially.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans