La Liga 2017/18

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

Trickykid

Why laugh? They'll win CL which is all they're interested in.

Because it's always fun when Los Merengues lose, of course. You should try it someday - the laughing I mean. Perhaps it'll even alleviate some of your excessive emotional hurt whenever your buddies at school bust your balls about Cronaldo being better than Messi?

Morten

Meh, its been a couple of months since i really cared about the league, but we really should make sure we finish in 3rd.

Messi983

End of February and Girona have absolutely no worries about relegation (in fact, they are closer to CL spots than relegation zone) so they can just enjoy the rest of the season. Amazing job by Machin and his players. There are other good coaches like Mendilibar and Bordalas in midtable teams who are overperforming (and we absolutely shouldn't overlooked what Abelardo is doing since taking over at Alaves) but Machin has already won coach of the year award in my eyes no matter what happens in the last 3 months.

Will be an interesting battle for the last Europa League place. Girona, Betis, Celta, Eibar, Getafe and maybe even Bilbao can all finish 7th. And well, Villarreal and Sevilla are also far away from having a guaranteed top 6 but I think they have more quality than other teams so they should stay 5th and 6th.

In general, I like how La Liga has become much more competitive than it was 4 or 5 years ago and it should become even better with clubs getting financially more stable because of the new TV rights deal.

Horatio

You're welcome
In general, I like how La Liga has become much more competitive than it was 4 or 5 years ago and it should become even better with clubs getting financially more stable because of the new TV rights deal.

I said this months ago, but no...Barca had regressed.

End of February and Girona have absolutely no worries about relegation (in fact, they are closer to CL spots than relegation zone) so they can just enjoy the rest of the season. Amazing job by Machin and his players. There are other good coaches like Mendilibar and Bordalas in midtable teams who are overperforming (and we absolutely shouldn't overlooked what Abelardo is doing since taking over at Alaves) but Machin has already won coach of the year award in my eyes no matter what happens in the last 3 months.

Will be an interesting battle for the last Europa League place. Girona, Betis, Celta, Eibar, Getafe and maybe even Bilbao can all finish 7th. And well, Villarreal and Sevilla are also far away from having a guaranteed top 6 but I think they have more quality than other teams so they should stay 5th and 6th.

Think 14-16 was the peak of La Liga tbh. Very competitive at the top, 3 teams could win it. Came down to the last 2-3 matches in all 3 years. We won by 1 point when Leicester won the PL by 10 :lol: Think the league has regressed since then.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans