La Liga 2017/18

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

Stoichkov1

Far from impossible. And overachieving is not at all what he aimed for ever since the Liga title. He wants to permanently end the duopoly, but he's not as flexible with his ideas it seems. Clearly he wants to be there until and maybe even after Messi decline commences to build and capitalise on that if Barca don't find the successor. On one hand it's a shame it's not working out, on the other I feel little pity with how much of a prick team they are most times. It's like watching Keane or Gattuso get one over you.

I would say that the correct word in this case is monopoly since Barca won 6 of the last 9 league titles.

serghei

Far from impossible. And overachieving is not at all what he aimed for ever since the Liga title. He wants to permanently end the duopoly, but he's not as flexible with his ideas it seems. Clearly he wants to be there until and maybe even after Messi decline commences to build and capitalise on that if Barca don't find the successor. On one hand it's a shame it's not working out, on the other I feel little pity with how much of a prick team they are most times. It's like watching Keane or Gattuso get one over you.

I don't see how they can end the duopoly in a consistent way. They score far too few goals to make a serious title challenge, they can win many games in a row with 1-0, but then have games in which they end up 0-0 or 1-1 or 0-1 against inferior teams. And that's happened quite often. They play roughly the same way against all teams, they don't have this offensive way of playing against small teams and go defensive only against the big boys. Sort of a one trick pony this AM team.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Eibar and Betis winning, I like it.

Sevilla and Villarreal lost some allure for me this season.

El Gato

Villarato!
I don't see how they can end the duopoly in a consistent way. They score far too few goals to make a serious title challenge, they can win many games in a row with 1-0, but then have games in which they end up 0-0 or 1-1 or 0-1 against inferior teams. And that's happened quite often. They play roughly the same way against all teams, they don't have this offensive way of playing against small teams and go defensive only against the big boys. Sort of a one trick pony this AM team.

Still, it seems to be Simeone's ambition and he's not done enough to get sacked at all. So this'll be the state of things until he decides he even wants to bother with Premier League (he seems completely ambivalent towards going there) or Inter.

Catta

You all seem to forget that Atleti was transfer banned unlike Real. They couldn't even get rid of the deadwood, thats why they had to play with their older players. They started cleaning this winter, with Augusto, Jota and Vietto leaving, and there will surely be much more in the summer. They already got Rodri from Villarreal for next season so midfield will be sorted, and with potentially Griezmann, Carrasco, Gaitan, Gameiro, Torres all leaving, there will be much more additions in the forward line. In defense they need 2 new fullbacks to replace Filipe and Juanfran.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
With Arsenal having signed Aubameyang, Atletico could have a chance at signing Lacazette. They wanted him initially, but he didn't wait a season to join them.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Abelardo :worthy:

Loved him at Barca and would be great to see him make it big as manager. Who knows, one day...

Home of Barca Fans