Should Barca sell Neymar to PSG for the rumored transfer fee?

Should Barca sell Neymar to PSG for the rumored transfer fee?

• Yes

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • No

Votes: 33 63.5%

• Total voters

khaled_a_d

1-The rumor is based on PSG paying buyout clause, the club isn't in a position to say yes or no.
2-If PSG wanted less than buyout, the club won't sell anyway. So in other words I don't think it is much of discussion here.
3-PSG has yet to broke 70M for any player, IIRC they had a warning for FFP few years ago, they don't have unlimited resources as they claim.
4-Figo has transferred to RM in 2000 for over 56M, this number is yet to be doubled till now with Pogba 105M is the world record. to expect that number to be doubled in one year :lol:
5-PSG are just playing PR here, they were played by Barca as a smaller club (which they are) and they need to get their reputation as elite one at least in front of their fans

To sum it up, this is probably a baseless rumor as it get, it is PSG version of T.Silva deal to Barca. A pr rumor to save their face, I doubt it will even effect Barca board

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
1-The rumor is based on PSG paying buyout clause, the club isn't in a position to say yes or no.
2-If PSG wanted less than buyout, the club won't sell anyway. So in other words I don't think it is much of discussion here.
3-PSG has yet to broke 70M for any player, IIRC they had a warning for FFP few years ago, they don't have unlimited resources as they claim.
4-Figo has transferred to RM in 2000 for over 56M, this number is yet to be doubled till now with Pogba 105M is the world record. to expect that number to be doubled in one year :lol:
5-PSG are just playing PR here, they were played by Barca as a smaller club (which they are) and they need to get their reputation as elite one at least in front of their fans

To sum it up, this is probably a baseless rumor as it get, it is PSG version of T.Silva deal to Barca. A pr rumor to save their face, I doubt it will even effect Barca board

Good analysis Khaled, I think PSG is probably just trying to find ways to play us and get back to us, most likely being annoyed by our pursuit of Verratti.

Neymessi

Browsing the neymar thread it feels like this poll would have a landslide yes but its the complete opposite.

Arkk

Yes.

He's a great player and it would be sad to see the MSN tridet dismantled but at the same time i never warmed to him as i always felt he'd leave us at some point and now is probably a good time for him considering how shit our board are.

While the wages and money are obviously a huge factor i think he personally wants to step out of Messi's shadow and lets be honest hes never doing that at Barca. the goat will probably be going until atleast 33+ and neymar will be 28-29 by then with Mbappe and Dembele coming for his ass.

I'm not convinced he'll be leaving though, i can actually see Barto throwing more money at his father and signing his buddies Paulinho and some other brazilian crap.

JerseyAddict

It is not up to Barça... and IF he is greedy enough to leave to f* PSG for pennies and nickels and 0 relevant trophies... then just leave...

And this Messi shadow shit etc... I didn't see someone holding him back when he stole the show and wrecked that same PSG in La Remontada. Just, wait, he needs to do that more than 1-2 times per year.

dakt

If he wants to leave then please, leave, but I would like to see him play under Valverde. If no considerable results would come up after a season under Valverde and the price would still hang high, I would hesitate selling him.
So my answer is no, not this summer.

bismp

Even if Ney goes for 220 M,there is no guarantee that we are going to replace him and strengthen the team,especially with this shit board.

No matter how much people want to hate on Ney,he is far more proven than both Dembele and Mbappe.Ney hasn't been exactly stellar during his 4 year career at us,but he has been good overall. I don't get how people believe that Dembele and Mbappe are the second coming of Henry or something.

Besides,our most urgent need is to fix the midfield mess.

Birdy

I don't know if there is a different legal framework in Spain comparing to England, but as i can recall, Liverpool refused to sell Suarez to Arsenal back in 2013 when they met his buy-out clause.
Of course this raises a whole lot of other issues as well, relating to the image of the club and how it respects the contract it signs with its players.

And a good question is (irrespective of the football value of Neymar and whether he is replaceable) why his release clause is only 220m?
220 is a very peculiar figure. Not too low, but not too high either. It is right there within this fuzzy spectrum of the 'possible'.
Given that this new contract was signed recently, and not in 2014 when inflation in football prices was lower, why did not the club set a buy-out clause of 500m or 1b, which would have been sky-high enough to deter any predators? Did they covertly 'invite' such moves for Neymar as long as the price was enough?

khaled_a_d

I don't know if there is a different legal framework in Spain comparing to England, but as i can recall, Liverpool refused to sell Suarez to Arsenal back in 2013 when they met his buy-out clause.
Of course this raises a whole lot of other issues as well, relating to the image of the club and how it respects the contract it signs with its players.

And a good question is (irrespective of the football value of Neymar and whether he is replaceable) why his release clause is only 220m?
220 is a very peculiar figure. Not too low, but not too high either. It is right there within this fuzzy spectrum of the 'possible'.
Given that this new contract was signed recently, and not in 2014 when inflation in football prices was lower, why did not the club set a buy-out clause of 500m or 1b, which would have been sky-high enough to deter any predators? Did they covertly 'invite' such moves for Neymar as long as the price was enough?

Buyouts in Spain is mandatory, and there is a maximum money that can be put in it (complex equation with salary,length of year etc) and the fact that since it has to be there, it makes it up for negotiation.

God Serena

Even if Ney goes for 220 M,there is no guarantee that we are going to replace him and strengthen the team,especially with this shit board.

No matter how much people want to hate on Ney,he is far more proven than both Dembele and Mbappe.Ney hasn't been exactly stellar during his 4 year career at us,but he has been good overall. I don't get how people believe that Dembele and Mbappe are the second coming of Henry or something.

Besides,our most urgent need is to fix the midfield mess.

With 220m we'd be able to fully replace Neymar's goal tally (20 goals is not hard to replace lol) and also afford the board's Paulinho obsession.

Arkk

With 220m we'd be able to fully replace Neymar's goal tally (20 goals is not hard to replace lol) and also afford the board's Paulinho obsession.

rumour is Paulinho would be signed to keep Neymar happy so if Neymar is gone i guess we'll forget about him.

Home of Barca Fans