Lucas Torreira

Gilberto

Uruguai, suddenly, has 3 great young midfielrs that know how to treat the ball. Let´s hope they play in the WC. Uruguay used to be great defense, no midfield plus Cavani and Suarez.

Yeah, seems like Uruguay are getting an increasingly well-rounded squad (with quite a bit of depth as well). Impressive for a country with such a small population.

Catta

It seems Arsenal is willing to pay his release clause of 25 mil. Why we are not interested is beyond me, would be a cheaper and better alternative to Arthur, Torreira also has an Italian passport, and has European experience.

M

MessiCam

It seems Arsenal is willing to pay his release clause of 25 mil. Why we are not interested is beyond me, would be a cheaper and better alternative to Arthur, Torreira also has an Italian passport, and has European experience.

Because he is an out and out DM and doesn’t have the playmaking abilities of Arthur.

M

MessiCam

No he is not. Torreira is a CM in the mold of Verratti. If anything Arthur is a DM, he always plays really deep.

Torreira is a DM. Always has been and always will be... Man has played maybe a handful of games as a CM.

It's not even worth debating this because it's glaringly obvious.

gregorrin10

So this guy has a 25 million release clause?? Trigger it now???

He's gone. To Arsenal, Sampdoria's president confirmed it weeks ago. Just the waiting for the official confirmation by Arsenal, kind of like our situation with Arthur. Maybe we can get him in a few years, considering our history with buying from them.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Potentially one of their better signings for a while. Needed someone like him, I think.

Porque

Remember there was a time when we were rumoured to be interested in El Torrito?

This guy had an incredible game today for Arsenal. Has become their most important signing this season after Unai Emery.

Falcao

Best signing in the Premier League last summer, he’s quality. Uruguay are set in midfield with him and Bentancur.

Home of Barca Fans