JVoW4D5X.jpg

Full Name: Lucas Sebastián Torreira Di Pascua

DOB: 11th February 1996

POB: Fray Bentos, Uruguay

Height: 1.67m

Position: Defensive Midfielder/Centre Midfielder

Current Team: Sampdoria

I think @xavi_the_Boss mentioned him recently too

He seem like an interesting player we perhaps keep an eye on for the future. Been compared to Verratti and Arturo Vidal, and seem to have had a great season, breakthrough in 2016/17.

[tw]877832256114630656[/tw]

xavi_the_Boss

Seems like he is the next big thing on Barca twitter right now.:blush:

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lucas Torreira: "When we played Barcelona, Suárez didn't know I was Uruguayan. I didn't want to say. After the game, I asked for a photo." <a href="https://t.co/GtO38zS7n9">pic.twitter.com/GtO38zS7n9</a></p>— Squawka News (@SquawkaNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/SquawkaNews/status/886316690056728577">15. Juli 2017</a></blockquote>[/tw]

Yannik

I've said that to many: He has a 12m release clause and noone picks him up. He has all the necessary requirements to make it, just needs a platform and a breakthrough.

Trickykid

First I've seen of him, despite a friend of mine who's a huge Juve - and Serie A in general - fan was raving about how good this kid was a few months ago. Looks very interesting.

Last edited:

gasgas

So many short talented players these days
Verratti, Kante, Seri, this guy

There was a time i thought the shortest football players (who matter) were at worst 170 cm

khaled_a_d

Maradona was shorter than that.

Not sure why you'd think that.

And even recently Pedro (167), Roberto Carlos (168). I mean football favorites taller player more than most people thinks but there is always room for short guys

Yannik

And even recently Pedro (167), Roberto Carlos (168). I mean football favorites taller player more than most people thinks but there is always room for short guys

not necessarily, smaller guys always had an advantage by having a better balance, a lower center of gravity and usually faster acceleration. Smaller feet also allow a better first touch. Especially for wingers these are great attributes. Football is very generous to dwarfs which is probably one of the thousand reasons why the sport is so popular

khaled_a_d

not necessarily, smaller guys always had an advantage by having a better balance, a lower center of gravity and usually faster acceleration. Smaller feet also allow a better first touch. Especially for wingers these are great attributes. Football is very generous to dwarfs which is probably one of the thousand reasons why the sport is so popular

I wrote a long post with lots of statistics like BBZ, but to save everyone time the average male height worldwide is believed to be 170cm (some say even shorter),how many teams averages same height in the world? even in shorter countries it is usually has average height bigger than that. That is what I meant by favoring taller players as there is usually more taller players in teams than shorter ones. But otherwise I agree with what you said

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I've said that to many: He has a 12m release clause and noone picks him up. He has all the necessary requirements to make it, just needs a platform and a breakthrough.

For that much you could sign and loan him out again for a season. If he is that big of a talent.

Don't know much about him, but if he's what people are describing him as then such deals are worth the punt instead of waiting for them to move on to a bigger team.

He apparently got a Spanish passport too.

Last edited:

Albo

I wrote a long post with lots of statistics like BBZ, but to save everyone time the average male height worldwide is believed to be 170cm (some say even shorter),how many teams averages same height in the world? even in shorter countries it is usually has average height bigger than that. That is what I meant by favoring taller players as there is usually more taller players in teams than shorter ones. But otherwise I agree with what you said

Average male height may very well be 170cm worldwide but that doesn't mean players average height must be 170cm. Most of the players nowadays at high level are of European descent/European and Europeans tend to be a bit taller than other people around the world. If you really want to know if height plays an advantage you need to compare each individual country's average height to the average height of that country's players.

Last edited:

gasgas

Maradona was shorter than that.

Not sure why you'd think that.
I didn't watch football during maradona era, I was probably not even born.

Anyways when I started watxhing football and reading player stats, the shortest players I came across were 170 cm.

So these 160 cm players are a new thing for me.

They may not be to others

fergus90

I watched a lot of this guy last season, he's impressive. Physically a carbon copy of Verratti and their first focal point in possession.

Home of Barca Fans