User Tag List

View Poll Results: Break the bank or not?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Break the bank

24 63.16%
  • Don't use the resources, Verratti or death!

14 36.84%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Break the bank or keep the money?

Hi, its me..
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a pretty good read;

After losing Neymar to PSG, Barca's best move might be to do nothing

The problem is PL teams over here dont really need the money, everyone has a decent amount to spend already. Klopp isnt gonna budge on Coutinho it seems, unless we put forward some crazy offer (like 130m or something)

I dont know much about Dortmunds finances but apparently they want around 100m? while Dembele looks very talented, thats crazy money when you could *potentially* get griezmann for the same price next summer.

I hope they dont spend for the sake of it and then we end up with our 4/5th choices for each position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Griezmann isn't the best fit imo, because who has the same operating space as Messi, probably their heatmaps look very similar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More and more times passes, and the money involved taking Coutinho and/or Dembele is BS.
    Take a raincheck, buy Inigo and Seri and call it a day.

Put the money into developing those prospects ourselfs, and take some risks on 19y/20y old guys which are still below 15/20M price tag.
    We should have bought Dembele ourself last year for 20M and loan him out for a year, would have saved us >80M in this market.
    Buying 5 prospects at around that age, one of them will blossom maybe even 2. Other 3 can be sold for equal amount in the end.

Time for being and buying smart. Hard to say, but Real is doing a great job in that regard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gasgas View Post
    I thought it was the general consensus in this forum that our problems last season were:
    Lack of RB and bad tactics.

AFAIK all these have been solved so Barca fans should be happy I guess

We have succeeded
    Where were you during the "midfield is completely absent" seminar? :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi View Post
    Where were you during the "midfield is completely absent" seminar? :-)
    I remember it was said that the midfield was absent because of Lucho's tactics, not the lack of modric, verratti etc
    Romans 1:19-20
    Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember it was said that the midfield was absent because of Lucho's tactics, not the lack of modric, verratti etc
    It was/is both that people argue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    It was/is both that people argue.
    Nah bro

I insisted on how we lack WC midfielders and everybody was on me about how Lucho's tactic is the cause of poor midfield not signings
    Romans 1:19-20
    Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah bro

I insisted on how we lack WC midfielders and everybody was on me about how Lucho's tactic is the cause of poor midfield not signings
    It has been both arguments clearly all along.

No idea what yo have been reading.