What formation should Valverde use?

What formation should Valverde use?

• Total voters

i_bleed_blaugrana

Also include general transfers that should be made for said system and general direction you think Valverde should take the team towards.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Answer is easy for me. We don't have dominating midfielders nor can Messi play on right wing.
Pragmatic thing would be to play 4-2-3-1.

Get a RB and, if we can, spend big on RW (Dembele) or just trust Aleix there.

Only one who would need adapting is Busquets. Use pre-season to train him in partnership with Roberto.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Answer is easy for me. We don't have dominating midfielders nor can Messi play on right wing.

Only one who would need adapting is Busquets. Use pre-season to train him in partnership with Roberto.

See for me, everything a 4-2-3-1 offers particularly offensively, you get in the Cryuff diamond. I really just don't like the idea of playing with 4 at the back unless we reinforce the right side (RB & RW). I mean maybe Deulofeu will shine on the right side but I think we need more.

I don't like the idea of Bob playing RB or a double-pivot with Busi. Roberto should be first rotation for Raki and he's simply better as a CM. We gain more tactically playing with 3-4-3 than with Bob out of position at RB.

Icarium

Lifestealer

Messi has to play on the right wing, our right side is already weak enough. If Messi completely shifts to middle it will be a shamble. We won't sign Dembele and Aleix is needed at RB position. I really don't want Deulofeu to start.

Xavinho

3-5-2 would be my preferred formation. Something like this:

300px-FC_Barcelona-Sampdoria_1992-05-20.svg.png

Here it is with some of our current players as an example (although obviously we could still sell or buy players to suit the system):

ter Stegen

Masche - Pique - Umtiti

Vidal -------- Busquets -------- Alba

S.Roberto ------- Iniesta

Messi --- Suarez​

I realise this won't happen though of course, not least of all because there's no place for Neymar.

khaled_a_d

Think this is more appropriate thread for this

Pique said that we are adapting with Messi in midfield
..........................................Ter Stegen................................
................Manolas..................Pique...................Umtiti
Semedo............Busquets..................Roberto....................Alba
...................................Messi
.......................Suarez.........................Neymar

I doubt we are going for 343 with Semdo signing and Marlon being promoted to 1st team. I think it is 4 in the back as normal.
343 could be used here and there but not plan A.
Either 433 with a new midfielder or 4231 with new winger. Or either with no more signings.

serghei

4-3-3 all the way. It's extremely versatile. And now, with a threat on RB, we can use Rakitic again with good effect, covering for Semedo, while Messi goes inside and Semedo takes up the flank to provide width or make run into space from midfield areas. Roberto would be very good at this RCM role also, considering his engine and the fact that he's already used to cover the right defensive side, having played as a RB for over one and a half year by now.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans