Premier League 2017/18

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

Jair Ventura

Sterling is a very good dribbler, got great pace and fantastic, smart movement. Now he's also starting to get better in front of goal and you have what it takes to become a World Class winger.

What I hated about Sterling and thought why he'd never make it was his lack of movement and bad footballing IQ, not to forget his horrible, shit finishing.

He's pretty much improved on everything this season. More than I could ever imagine.

And I thought Sterling was an average, overhyped British player who would never become a great player.

Great pace and movement? Certainly, but he is not a good dribbler as he's dispossessed as often as he completes dribbles. He's especially weak in 1v1's because he lacks creativity and close control. He has average touch, cannot cross despite being a right footed RW and is an average passer at best. If anything, he is the beneficiary of a talented team and an awesome manager but he himself remains an average, overhyped British player. This will reveal itself in the WC.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sterling is a top player, but he is not world class.

He got World Class potential if he keep growing as he's been.

Great pace and movement? Certainly, but he is not a good dribbler as he's dispossessed as often as he completes dribbles. He's especially weak in 1v1's because he lacks creativity and close control. He has average touch, cannot cross despite being a right footed RW and is an average passer at best. If anything, he is the beneficiary of a talented team and an awesome manager but he himself remains an average, overhyped British player. This will reveal itself in the WC.

His first touch generally been quite good this season.

England sucked even when they had Gerrard, Beckham, Lampard and Scholes with Ferdinand and Gary Neville in defence. They just crap their pants in every tournament regardless of the players they have.

JamDav1982

Nah you just hate him because he is British would be a lot quicker and easier to say.

Fact you rate along with some no mark at PSG says it all.

So so bitter.

serghei

He'd have to 1) improve his passing (atm he is an off the ball player mostly), 2) prove himself in Champions League against some of the best teams in the game, 3) have less dramatic ups and downs.

So far, he's doing well in the 3rd area as he's maintaining a high level throughout the season so far.

Jair Ventura

No, he doesn't. He has 1 or 2 WC attributes, at best, and that isn't enough to become a WC player. I can think of a handful of RW, let alone wingers in general, of his age group that I'd rather have if I'm trying to build a WC team.

His first touch generally been quite good this season.

England sucked even when they had Gerrard, Beckham, Lampard and Scholes with Ferdinand and Gary Neville in defence. They just crap their pants in every tournament regardless of the players they have.

He also has as many unsuccessful touches per match as he does dribbles. You don't want him on the ball, you want him running and finishing chances. He is a glorified poacher.

JamDav1982

He'd have to 1) improve his passing (atm he is an off the ball player mostly), 2) prove himself in Champions League against some of the best teams in the game, 3) have less dramatic ups and downs.

So far, he's doing well in the 3rd area as he's maintaining a high level throughout the season so far.

He is creating something like the 4th most chances in that City team.

If he keeps this current level up over a few years he is world class.

JamDav1982

No, he doesn't. He has 1 or 2 WC attributes, at best, and that isn't enough to become a WC player. I can think of a handful of RW, let alone wingers in general, of his age group that I'd rather have if I'm trying to build a WC team.

He also has as many unsuccessful touches per match as he does dribbles. You don't want him on the ball, you want him running and finishing chances. He is a glorified poacher.

Haha so bitter.

You got it wrong. Admit it and move on.

Jenks

Great pace and movement? Certainly, but he is not a good dribbler as he's dispossessed as often as he completes dribbles. He's especially weak in 1v1's because he lacks creativity and close control. He has average touch, cannot cross despite being a right footed RW and is an average passer at best. If anything, he is the beneficiary of a talented team and an awesome manager but he himself remains an average, overhyped British player.

Why is an average player top scorer for City? Why is he first choice over all of their wide players? Why not one of their world class players instead? He will be over-hyped yes, that is just the nature of being a British player in England, but that doesn't mean he's average. If he was called Sterlinho nobody would be questioning whether he was a good player or not.

Andresito

Staff member
Damn, Hazard is so good, our defenders will have so much trouble with him.

UzvWJZMW.jpg

Home of Barca Fans