User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will win the league?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arsenal

    4 5.00%
  • Chelsea

    1 1.25%
  • Liverpool

    1 1.25%
  • Manchester City

    53 66.25%
  • Manchester United

    15 18.75%
  • Tottenham

    6 7.50%
  • Other

    0 0%
Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 903

Thread: Premier League 2017/18

  1. #676
    Senior Member
    Jair Ventura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Rio De Janeiro
    Posts
    2,178
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Sterling is a very good dribbler, got great pace and fantastic, smart movement. Now he's also starting to get better in front of goal and you have what it takes to become a World Class winger.

    What I hated about Sterling and thought why he'd never make it was his lack of movement and bad footballing IQ, not to forget his horrible, shit finishing.

    He's pretty much improved on everything this season. More than I could ever imagine.

    And I thought Sterling was an average, overhyped British player who would never become a great player.
    Great pace and movement? Certainly, but he is not a good dribbler as he's dispossessed as often as he completes dribbles. He's especially weak in 1v1's because he lacks creativity and close control. He has average touch, cannot cross despite being a right footed RW and is an average passer at best. If anything, he is the beneficiary of a talented team and an awesome manager but he himself remains an average, overhyped British player. This will reveal itself in the WC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ousmane Dembélé View Post
    "Sure, you got me I'm a fake supporter."

    "I can't stand Madrid, but I'd rather see them go through than the Qataris."

  2. #677
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    10,275
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sterling is a top player, but he is not world class.

  3. #678
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,956
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Sterling is a top player, but he is not world class.
    He got World Class potential if he keep growing as he's been.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jair Ventura View Post
    Great pace and movement? Certainly, but he is not a good dribbler as he's dispossessed as often as he completes dribbles. He's especially weak in 1v1's because he lacks creativity and close control. He has average touch, cannot cross despite being a right footed RW and is an average passer at best. If anything, he is the beneficiary of a talented team and an awesome manager but he himself remains an average, overhyped British player. This will reveal itself in the WC.
    His first touch generally been quite good this season.

    England sucked even when they had Gerrard, Beckham, Lampard and Scholes with Ferdinand and Gary Neville in defence. They just crap their pants in every tournament regardless of the players they have.
    Just get a better midfield

  4. #679
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,276
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jair Ventura View Post
    Great pace and movement? Certainly, but he is not a good dribbler as he's dispossessed as often as he completes dribbles. He's especially weak in 1v1's because he lacks creativity and close control. He has average touch, cannot cross despite being a right footed RW and is an average passer at best. If anything, he is the beneficiary of a talented team and an awesome manager but he himself remains an average, overhyped British player. This will reveal itself in the WC.
    Nah you just hate him because he is British would be a lot quicker and easier to say.

    Fact you rate along with some no mark at PSG says it all.

    So so bitter.

  5. #680
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    10,275
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    He got World Class potential if he keep growing as he's been.
    He'd have to 1) improve his passing (atm he is an off the ball player mostly), 2) prove himself in Champions League against some of the best teams in the game, 3) have less dramatic ups and downs.

    So far, he's doing well in the 3rd area as he's maintaining a high level throughout the season so far.

  6. #681
    Senior Member
    Jair Ventura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Rio De Janeiro
    Posts
    2,178
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    He got World Class potential if he keep growing as he's been.
    No, he doesn't. He has 1 or 2 WC attributes, at best, and that isn't enough to become a WC player. I can think of a handful of RW, let alone wingers in general, of his age group that I'd rather have if I'm trying to build a WC team.

    His first touch generally been quite good this season.

    England sucked even when they had Gerrard, Beckham, Lampard and Scholes with Ferdinand and Gary Neville in defence. They just crap their pants in every tournament regardless of the players they have.
    He also has as many unsuccessful touches per match as he does dribbles. You don't want him on the ball, you want him running and finishing chances. He is a glorified poacher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ousmane Dembélé View Post
    "Sure, you got me I'm a fake supporter."

    "I can't stand Madrid, but I'd rather see them go through than the Qataris."

  7. #682
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,276
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    He'd have to 1) improve his passing (atm he is an off the ball player mostly), 2) prove himself in Champions League against some of the best teams in the game, 3) have less dramatic ups and downs.

    So far, he's doing well in the 3rd area as he's maintaining a high level throughout the season so far.
    He is creating something like the 4th most chances in that City team.

    If he keeps this current level up over a few years he is world class.

  8. #683
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,276
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jair Ventura View Post
    No, he doesn't. He has 1 or 2 WC attributes, at best, and that isn't enough to become a WC player. I can think of a handful of RW, let alone wingers in general, of his age group that I'd rather have if I'm trying to build a WC team.



    He also has as many unsuccessful touches per match as he does dribbles. You don't want him on the ball, you want him running and finishing chances. He is a glorified poacher.
    Haha so bitter.

    You got it wrong. Admit it and move on.

  9. #684
    Senior Member
    Jenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,463
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jair Ventura View Post
    Great pace and movement? Certainly, but he is not a good dribbler as he's dispossessed as often as he completes dribbles. He's especially weak in 1v1's because he lacks creativity and close control. He has average touch, cannot cross despite being a right footed RW and is an average passer at best. If anything, he is the beneficiary of a talented team and an awesome manager but he himself remains an average, overhyped British player.
    Why is an average player top scorer for City? Why is he first choice over all of their wide players? Why not one of their world class players instead? He will be over-hyped yes, that is just the nature of being a British player in England, but that doesn't mean he's average. If he was called Sterlinho nobody would be questioning whether he was a good player or not.

  10. #685
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6,148
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morata with the miss of the season.
    Puyol #5

  11. #686
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    26,864
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curtois saving Chelsea against Arsenal.

  12. #687
    Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Cesc-Alexis hug

  13. #688
    Danger Ahead
    Ghostmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,296
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, Hazard is so good, our defenders will have so much trouble with him.

  14. #689
    Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmaster View Post
    Damn, Hazard is so good, our defenders will have so much trouble with him.

  15. #690
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6,148
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal goal.

    Chelsea’s defense getting sliced open now.
    Puyol #5