Premier League 2017/18

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

Morten

Maybe it gets results, but are United-fans really okay with getting dominated at OT? Liverpool with over 70 possession, i thought United was the biggest club in England.

Sorin

Tbf they dominated Liverpool in the first half. Could've been 3-0 easily while Pool had 65% possession.

As much as has been said about their defense, Liverpool's mid is also mediocre. Can, Milner, Ox is as dull as you can get. Only Lallana is somewhat different. Now they've subbed in Wijnaldum. Fuck me, those are some depressing options.

Morten

Tbf they dominated Liverpool in the first half. Could've been 3-0 easily while Pool had 65% possession.

As much as has been said about their defense, Liverpool's mid is also mediocre. Can, Milner, Ox is as dull as you can get. Only Lallana is somewhat different. Now they've subbed in Wijnaldum. Fuck me, those are some depressing options.

They didnt dominate Pool, but they took their chances well.
Anyways, they have the players to attack, but whenever Mou gets a goal against a semi-decent side, he just instructs them to fall back, they have no interest in playing football once ahead.

JamDav1982

Maybe it gets results, but are United-fans really okay with getting dominated at OT? Liverpool with over 70 possession, i thought United was the biggest club in England.

Of course they will be ok with it in a one of result like this.

Just as you will be happy any time Real win in same way. As have against likes of Bayern in past or Barca.

Morten

Of course they will be ok with it in a one of result like this.

Just as you will be happy any time Real win in same way. As have against likes of Bayern in past or Barca.

You cant play possession against Peps Bayern or Barca, no team can. Liverpool is an entirely different discussion.

BenRobbins

They have had one chance where they should of scored thats it.

Just pointless possession and long shots with a flukey own goal.

As i said in the week liverpool aren't good away and can be beaten at Anfield and they should not be feared in CL.

Sorin

They didnt dominate Pool, but they took their chances well.
Anyways, they have the players to attack, but whenever Mou gets a goal against a semi-decent side, he just instructs them to fall back, they have no interest in playing football once ahead.

What? Pool had possession but they didn't have one clear chance. Hell, they didn't have one promising action towards United's goal. That's exactly what United wanted.

Domination means what they did to them in the second half but too little too late.

JamDav1982

You cant play possession against Peps Bayern or Barca, no team can. Liverpool is an entirely different discussion.

No it isnt and is about playing the right way to win which has been to sit deep and hit Liverpool on the break.

You wont complain when Real do it to others as I said.

utility73

Another classic Floppo. Just doesn't learn any new tricks against good defensive teams.
But I'd rather take Juve in CL again any day over Liverpool.

Morten

What? Pool had possession but they didn't have one clear chance. Hell, they didn't have one promising action towards United's goal. That's exactly what United wanted.

Domination means what they did to them in the second half but too little too late.

I never said United didnt deserve it, just that having 20-30% possession at home, against a side like Liverpool is kinda embarassing all the same.
Yes, they did create some good chances, they defended well, congrats.

JamDav1982

I never said United didnt deserve it, just that having 20-30% possession at home, against a side like Liverpool is kinda embarassing all the same.
Yes, they did create some good chances, they defended well, congrats.

It is embarrasing if you are losing or even drawing but protecting a lead against a team that commits so many men forward it isnt and all teams should be prepared to do that if needed to see out a win.

Morten

No it isnt and is about playing the right way to win which has been to sit deep and hit Liverpool on the break.

You wont complain when Real do it to others as I said.

Yes it is a different discussion, period.
Also, i would complain if we made it a habbit to play dire defensive football as United have done. Sometimes you got to do what you got to do to win, away against the Bayerns and Barcas of the world, not at home against a side like Pool. Congrats to United, they shut Liverpool down pretty much, deserved win.

Wallace

Mourinho arrived with a team devastated after Alex Ferguson. The team could not be competitive in any competition.

He is giving an aura of victory for the team, being always competitive in all the competitions he contests. Maybe it's a taste of game philosophy that appeals to some and not to others.

Givenchy

I think one of the main arguments against Mou is the amount of money spent vs how they actually play which is pretty cowardly at times.

Good win for United today though, pts are all that matters at the end of the day, screw possesion with nothing to show for it

JamDav1982

Mourinho arrived with a team devastated after Alex Ferguson. The team could not be competitive in any competition.

He is giving an aura of victory for the team, being always competitive in all the competitions he contests. Maybe it's a taste of game philosophy that appeals to some and not to others.

They had just won the FA Cup and finished in top four.

Were crap to watch under LVG but not unable to be competitive in any competition.

Home of Barca Fans