Premier League 2017/18

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

khaled_a_d

this is such a reactionary statement, City literally just lost the first game of the season. Every manager has his kryptonite, for Pep it is Klopp. But City faired fantastically against many other good teams in the PL and it's already ridiculous that we have mid january and they lost their first game of the season.

literally ? No

JamDav1982

Anyone who says De Bruyne hasn't been outstanding tonight haven't seen the game :lol:

He carried that team by himself and almost led them to a 4-4 draw. Sure he lost the ball a few times, but created a fair bit of chances and dangerous actions and drove them forward.

KDB never carried City himself in that game.

He was hit or miss.

FCBfan22

Why do you think So? I would be concerned watching Liverpool attack vs Roberto etc.

Because the ball wouldn't reach Salah or Mane. If Valverde played Rakitić, Paulinho and Busi, they would destroy Liverpool's play. Meanwhile, Messi would score from all angles, because their keepers are shit. Not to mention that we are a better team in the air than them currently (except for Gomes :lol: ).

utility73

Stegen would have done a much better job this game than Ederson has no question.

The MATS of this seaon definitely .. but I can remember a lot of games in past seasons with MATS playing like Ederson today.

Anyway way credits to Ederson that he still had the balls to dribble outside the box after conceeding 4 goals already :)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ederson fucked up tonight, but still had an outstanding season. He'll learn from that just like MAtS did.

utility73

Great offensive match by Liverpool, City never got any control of the match. But Pep‘s teams have always vulnerable to such play. Also nearly all City players looked very tired and lethargic today. They were always taking a split second to long for their decisions, playing bad passes even when not pressed, looked very static, etc.. On the other hand Liverpool once more showed their weaknesses, their extremely incompetent back line and those godawful goalkeeping. They need at least one world class GK plus 1-2 additional competent defenders before they will have a real good chance at winning anyhting of importance in the long run.

MessiTHEgoat

Anyone who says De Bruyne hasn't been outstanding tonight haven't seen the game :lol:

He carried that team by himself and almost led them to a 4-4 draw. Sure he lost the ball a few times, but created a fair bit of chances and dangerous actions and drove them forward.

again, I don't think anybody said he's bad, he's one of the best players in the prem definitely,

but the way people hyped him up. they said he's close to messi's level or even in the same tier, a player who can change the game out of nothing.

have seen hazard this season and what he has done to chelsea is outrageous. his perfomance against liverpool (w/ coutinho) at anfield was much much better.

de bryne has better teammates, play in a better system, his crossing ability is mindblowing. but he isn't nearly as good as some poeple hype him out to be.

he isn't even near neymar let alone messi.

in numbers:

32 passes (88.9% accuracy)
20 duels
9 dribbles completed
8 crosses
6 key passes
3 free-kicks won
1 assist

Yannik

don't really see the fuzz around Ederson. He seems like a good keeper and his ability on the ball seems to be of great for a Pep team, but as a keeper generally he just doesn't blow me away. He reminds me a bit of Ter Stegen in his first year at Barca. Saves a couple of good shots that are savable, but not the unsavables. Doesn't do too many mistakes, but still does them. I think he's decent, but not worldclass.

Home of Barca Fans