User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will win the league?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arsenal

    3 4.55%
  • Chelsea

    1 1.52%
  • Liverpool

    1 1.52%
  • Manchester City

    40 60.61%
  • Manchester United

    15 22.73%
  • Tottenham

    6 9.09%
  • Other

    0 0%
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 322

Thread: Premier League 2017/18

  1. #16
    Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chequebook Pep.

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    LeeRomeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    634
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ManU, as Mou always wins his second season, just to destroy it on 3rd and leave club.

  3. #18
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,134
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  4. #19
    Blue Blooded Aussie
    antonnn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,003
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, there's been a bit of a fuss made about Chelsea this week, and how they have 5 players out on loan in the Premier League who cannot play against them but can against their rivals, meaning Chelsea play 10 matches this season against teams who cannot field their strongest side. What do you guys think? I see where they are coming from, at the same time they won't be getting minutes and we don't want to sell these kids cause they are quality and a loan to a PL side is ideal, rather than Italy or Spain, but 5 does sound like taking the piss a bit lol.

    Maybe a limit to how many loans you can make to PL teams should be in place, 3 seems a good number.

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    Jenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,426
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or just allow players to play against their parent clubs. That's what happens in many other leagues, it happens in the Champions League too.

  6. #21
    Dr. Raed St. Claire
    Raed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,776
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antonnn View Post
    So, there's been a bit of a fuss made about Chelsea this week, and how they have 5 players out on loan in the Premier League who cannot play against them but can against their rivals, meaning Chelsea play 10 matches this season against teams who cannot field their strongest side. What do you guys think? I see where they are coming from, at the same time they won't be getting minutes and we don't want to sell these kids cause they are quality and a loan to a PL side is ideal, rather than Italy or Spain, but 5 does sound like taking the piss a bit lol.

    Maybe a limit to how many loans you can make to PL teams should be in place, 3 seems a good number.
    Madrid have this fear clause and from Madrid's perspective, they should've included it in Morata's when he moved to Juve. He knocked them out from the semis. LOL!
    May permanent peace be brought to the Arab world. My heart goes out to the families of those who have lost loved one(s). I wish and hope those who are creating religious, racial, regional, and tribal divisions among/within the Arab nations would be defeated in their quest for the destruction of the Middle East.

  7. #22
    Senior Member
    Jenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,426
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UEFA won't allow it. Courtois had something similar in his contract I believe but still was allowed to play against Chelsea in the Champions League.

  8. #23
    I am Leg End
    AnfieldEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Parts Unkown
    Posts
    6,704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
    Or just allow players to play against their parent clubs. That's what happens in many other leagues, it happens in the Champions League too.
    This.
    "Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball."
    Bob Paisley.

  9. #24
    Member
    maldhowayanr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    261
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why English clubs are not after S. N'Zonzi? Have they not seen him?

  10. #25
    Blue Blooded Aussie
    antonnn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,003
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol what the shit? Pedro gets sent off for a yellow card offence at best and then Arse score.

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New penalty format is ridiculous. Lmao.

    Chelsea.
    Puyol #5

  12. #27
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    New penalty format is ridiculous. Lmao.

    Chelsea.
    the new format makes a lot of sense, as it fairly distributes pressure instead of having the same team with its back to the wall.

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    9,485
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cesc really has decline physically, he looks like he can barely run these days.

  14. #29
    Moderator
    El Flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    9,989
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    New penalty format is ridiculous. Lmao.

    Chelsea.
    Tbh, it's an attempt to make it as fair as possible.

    Actually, the first team to shoot is 60% more likely to win in a Penalty shoot-out.

    http://www.lse.ac.uk/website-archive...Penalties.aspx

  15. #30
    Member
    Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXKonan View Post
    Cesc really has decline physically, he looks like he can barely run these days.
    He never looked like a good runner to me, and now that he's 30...
    ..