We want Verrati and he wants to come

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just translated the interview with Barca president, Jose Maria Bartomeu, in which he talked about Messi renewal and possible signings.

1499379631452.jpg

On Messi renewal
This was expected news. An era of football began in 2008 when Pep gave him the command of the team and this era will continue. It is an era of success, in which Messi leads the world of football and him being with us four more years makes us optimistic.

MSN renewed
They are star players, which everyone wants, they obviously have calls from half the world. Fact that we have managed to renew them and that they continue in the Barça until 2021 is wonderful. That does not mean that we will win titles, but there is a guarantee of having a good time.

Q: Have you paid Messi any bonus or transfer bonus?

Renewal premiums are paid, that's customary. I will not explain the details of Leo's contract, but it is true that there are players who once renew, depending on the importance, they are given a renewal premium.

Q: Did he ask for a competitive team?
No. This urban legend that players pick coaches or players is a lie.

Q: And what did he ask them?
Nothing. He has not asked for anything. People say that Tata Martino came because Messi wanted him, that's a lie. Luis Enrique is a coach that we chose and the players knew later. And with Ernesto Valverde the same thing. Ernesto is picked by criteria we established, Robert, Pep Segura and Pep Boada, and then told the players. Some will like it, some will not. Lucho, remember, was not liked by all players.

Q: You did not go to the wedding. Weren't you invited?
No. It's normal for you to invite your friends your age and party.

Q: Would you have liked to go?
I would have gone, but this wedding is in Argentina, in Rosario. Let's see, the managers are not friends of the players. Everyone plays their role and we can not mix them. I wear the tie and he the player's shirt.

Q: Why do you want to sign Verratti if you know it's an impossible mission?
He is a player who is liked by coaches, Robert wants him to come, Ernesto Valverde too, and Segura and Boada. And the player wants to come to Barca. Here the problem is that the PSG has already told us that it does not want to negotiate. The fact that there is no exit clause is a problem because you can not go there to sign a player. Therefore, if the club does not want to sell, as it is this case: 'we do not want to sell, we do not want to sit with you, we will talk about what you want but not Verratti'.

Q: Then you will have to activate Plan B.
Robert and Ernesto already do things thinking about another. The market ends on August 31.

Q: Can you assure us that there will be a signing of international level?
I can not guarantee anything, because it depends on a market and negotiations. To this day, the PSG does not want to negotiate.

Q: Can we face a different scenario?
The player who comes will always make me excited. The opinion of the partners or the media may be different. There will come two-three players, some B player who will go up to the first team, and things will happen that way. The tour will be an important moment, all the players will go, Barca B as well, and Ernesto will choose who stays and who does not.

http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...nt-psgs-verratti-and-he-wants-to-come-6153019

Asylum15

MSN renewed
They are star players, which everyone wants, they obviously have calls from half the world. Fact that we have managed to renew them and that they continue in the Barça until 2021 is wonderful. That does not mean that we will win titles, but there is a guarantee of having a good time.

I don't like this sentence.

Messi983

Exactly, nobody can guarantee titles in football even if you have by far the best team.

People can hate him but really nothing wrong with what he said.

Icarium

Lifestealer
At least he went public with Verratti situation. Can't blame the board for that, PSG does not want to sell. But the kind of alternatives they are looking into is very troubling.

JerseyAddict

Q: Then you will have to activate Plan B.
Robert and Ernesto already do things thinking about another. The market ends on August 31.

With so many FOffs we got until 7.7. I am afraid that it ends on 31.8. My heart won't stand if we keep Arda and sign some C-class "comfort award" player.

Devils

Those are pretty underwhelming words from a guy who is President of FC Barcelona.

I'm guessing for this upcoming season, we are going to have to hope Valverde pulls the rabbit out of the hat like Lucho did in his first season as the sporting management at this club is crumbling.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Our only signing so far is Deulofeu, who is obviously not good enough to even get a place the bench. Very exciting indeed. Still summer is long, we will see how it goes.

FC B

Two-three players are too few even if one or two are top level. I reckon this summer's mercato might also be a fiasco.

Vilarrubi

The player who comes will always make me excited. The opinion of the partners or the media may be different.

I don't like this sentence either. Prepare for underwhelming signings...

Zincubus

Banned
MSN renewed

I don't like this sentence.

I absolutely LOVE that sentence !!

Home of Barca Fans