Europa League 2017/18

Morten

it's because you guys are winning CLs with the same ease as us, bayern, and juve are winning domestic cups. :lol:

Well, if you guys didnt win domestic doubles all the time, i could understand it, but you win basically everything in Spain, you should be happy.

Ursegor

World Champion
You knew Arsenal were going to feck this up the moment Atletico got a player sent off, basically. Some things just never change.

Yannik

Thing is, you are never a choker when you play bad against Barca, but if you have a bad game against Real Madrid at some point, you definitely are.

Not that i think Griez is a choker anyways, but man, this forum is so reactionary.

I've said this in another thread yesterday. I barely ever see people say "oh this player had a good/bad game, this will slightly influence my evaluation of him as a whole". Instead everyone goes either underrated or overrated over night. Someone started this, and now half the forum has picked this annoying habit up.

Yannik

I think retrespectively Atletico can pat themselves on the back for getting out of this with 10 men and a draw. In general however they should really win such a game. They are the better team, they have better players and they are more experienced on this level. They are able to win this tie early, but now they are still in danger of going out if they play like this again and Arsenal gets luckier with the finishing. It's a relatively neutral result for both teams. Atleti has the home advantage now, but other than that I think they didn't need to play for a draw at the Emirates.

Last edited:

Morten

I think retrespectively Atletico can pat themselves on the back for getting out of this with 10 men and a draw. In general however they should really win such a game. They are the better team, they have better players and they are more experienced on this level. They are able to win this tie early, but now they are still in danger of going out if they play like this again and Arsenal gets luckier with the finishing. It's a relatively neutral result for both teams. Atleti has the home advantage now, but other than that I think they didn't need to play for a draw at the Emirates.

What? As you pointed out, 10 men and a draw with away goal. Thats a fantastic result, and with Atleticos home record, Arsenal are pretty much out, they are not getting another red card 10 min into the game down there.
Its not a neutral result at all, Atletico holds all the cards now.

FinBarcelonafan

Of course compared to start of the game, but after getting red card at 10 minutes. It's a massive win for Atletico! They are leading the series while playing with 10 players. That's impressive..

Yannik

What? As you pointed out, 10 men and a draw with away goal. Thats a fantastic result

football games start with 11 men from what I've heard, therefor it would make sense to critisize that they lost one and had to settle for a draw as clear favourites. Football is not predictable and a 1-1 away result is nothing to relax about, especially when we take into account how the game itself went down.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
football games start with 11 men from what I've heard, therefor it would make sense to critisize that they lost one and had to settle for a draw as clear favourites. Football is not predictable and a 1-1 away result is nothing to relax about, especially when we take into account how the game itself went down.

Atletico are not a team that are going to beat you 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 even as clear favorites. This is a great result for them. A result they would have taken even with 11 men, more so with 10.

Home of Barca Fans