Europa League 2017/18

shadows

I actually dont really care about either of the teams..But the ref has kinda let a game of this magnitude down.. Sending off a player this soon in a SF ..plus then refusing to give clear yellow later on is some inconsistent refereeing..

Chainsaw

Killahead
This is true for 50-50 calls - not giving the 2nd yellow very early as to not ruin the match. But the player didn't give the ref a choice in this case. It was a blatant 2nd yellow and not giving it would've meant disregarding clear rules about fouls and misconduct.

The second card was justified. The first yellow was very harsh.

shadows

He was cheating. That's why he got the yellow. You're pulling this 'second chance' stuff out of thin air. It's not the ref's job to make the game more of a spectacle.

If they start strictly giving fouls then probably no one will be left in a game which involves Atletico Madrid :D .. Plus in general SF and Final there is some consideration shown..Think about our CL vs Real Madrid in 2011..They got away with almost murder there..There was a case for the entire team being sent off in fact :D

Jenks

If they start strictly giving fouls then probably no one will be left in a game which involves Atletico Madrid :D .. Plus in general SF and Final there is some consideration shown..Think about our CL vs Real Madrid in 2011..They got away with almost murder there..

Which is a bad thing not a good thing.

No Athletico supporters need to worry regardless, Arsenal will find a way to mess this up either way.

Morten

Atletico, doing Atletico things in Europe, except its not a final this time.
Im being too harsh, they have a red card, but still, its Arsenal....

shadows

Which is a bad thing not a good thing.

No Athletico supporters need to worry regardless, Arsenal will find a way to mess this up either way.

Well this decision looks like ref thought that Arsenal would mess things up anyways let me make sure that they win :D

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Watching that goal made me sigh again, if only we had a proper forward who is good at scoring headers, we could have and would have gone so much further. Again it speaks to us not having Plan B... Sigh.

Total-Football

oh so this is why atletico are playing infront of oblack. came in.second half and wondered why they let arsenal play as if they were prime barca.

shadows

Watching that goal made me sigh again, if only we had a proper forward who is good at scoring headers, we could have and would have gone so much further. Again it speaks to us not having Plan B... Sigh.

Well more importantly, we need midfielders..we haven't adequately replaced Xavi..and now Iniesta is all set to leave..But all we have is Paulinho and Gomes instead, one of which has no ball contro/skill whatsoever.. Investing on more forward players is more counter productive for us..Actually Paco is a decent sub to have compared to the subs we have for the mids...or defensive players..

Home of Barca Fans