Pedrinho

Messi983

So sick of these Brazilians...
Hope the next Board members stay far, far away from the Brazilian league.

I'd agree with that if we'd buy Vinicius for 40m (even if he'll turn out great for RM in future it would be a very risky move to pay that money for a player that didn't even made his debut in Brazilian league before they signed him) but I think it's worth to take the risk if we get these youngsters on loan to B team with buy option like we did with Marlon and now intent to do with Vitinho.

From what I've seen in that video I like Pedrinho and getting first option on him would be a smart move. But just having first option doesn't mean we'll decide to buy him. We had similar deal with Fluminense and passed on Gerson (Roma) and Kennedy (Chelsea) and in the end use that option to bring Marlon. We could do the same here and passed on Pedrinho if he won't develop as we hope over the next 2 seasons and then buy another player from Fluminense academy that is now 15-16 years old and almost nobody knows about but who could turn out to be the "next big thing" over the next 2-3 years.

xXKonan

We almost did buy Gerson, but Roma came in with a 19 Million euro offer vs our 16 Million euro offer and we weren't willing to go higher so he was sold to Roma. His career hasn't taken off with Roma at all as he barely played and has rotted on the bench. It's the same with Kenedy as well. Mou even used him as a LB before he was sacked at chelsea. Since then he was loaned out but suffered injuries and even when fit rarely made the bench this season for Watford and Chelsea.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Loan deals better than outright signing them.

I wish we'd expand our scouting to other countries like Colombia and Argentina too though.

khaled_a_d

Loan deals better than outright signing them.

I wish we'd expand our scouting to other countries like Colombia and Argentina too though.

We have been scouting in Colombia,we have been following both Mina and Davinson since they were there. Also got that kid from Uruguay
Argentina is difficult with the ban we had,we were more focused in U-18 kids there. And tbf they weren't producing highly rated players lately. Dybala and Icardi are the last 2 young starts from there and both have left Argentina very young

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We have been scouting in Colombia,we have been following both Mina and Davinson since they were there. Also got that kid from Uruguay
Argentina is difficult with the ban we had,we were more focused in U-18 kids there. And tbf they weren't producing highly rated players lately. Dybala and Icardi are the last 2 young starts from there and both have left Argentina very young

Yeah, true about Davinson. I think we started following Mina after he signed for Palmeiras though.

Argentine football is a mess right now so makes sense.

ldsix

I did highlight of Pedrinho from todays game. He played 15 minutes.
[tw]886384723181928449[/tw]

Messi983

Pedrinho has signed with Benfica a few days ago. Interestingly, he came to Lisbon with a picture of lion on his cap so I guess Benfica fans were not the most happy about that. Leões (Lions) is a nickname of their archrivals Sporting CP.

[tw]1236753223110799368[/tw]

xXKonan

I have seen a lot of mixed views on him.

They say he's talented but not worth the price Benfica are paying for him.

Home of Barca Fans